Arrived here quite late in the evening but had a nice welcome and the hotel lobby looked really bright and clean.
The room itself was spacious and modern with a big shower compartment in the bathroom. The floor was quite dirty and didn’t seem to have been cleaned thoroughly but apart from that it was really nice. It was noisy though with people coming and going into a kitchen down the corridor at night.
Went to breakfast around 9.30am and the dining room, although really large, was absolutely packed out, with lots of tables full of large groups and people milling around everywhere. Nobody greeted us or explained the set up, so it was all a bit bewildering! We managed to find a table which was outside and then we got no kind of service whatsoever!! Finally got to order a coffee with one waiter, it was like dishwater and it was cold! The breakfast was buffet style and although there was a lot to choose from it was mostly uncovered, the supplies were very depleted and what was left looked very tired and unappetising. We were not at all impressed, .
We went out to find the shops and it was about a 25mins walk there and a further 10 mins or so to the beach. Couldn’t understand how everything we had read said it was in such a good location! We were thinking how on earth could we stay at this hotel with awful breakfasts, not very clean room, noisy and in the middle of nowhere - we thought we had made an awful mistake!
We got a tuk tuk back and to our surprise we were at the hotel in about 3 minutes as he went a different way to the one we had walked. It seems we had turned the wrong turning out of the hotel!! Later on, we spoke to quite a few other people who had also done the same. If you go the correct way, it really is in a great, central location!
The pool was really lovely and the attendant there was so nice and helpful. Although there don’t appear to be many sun beds for the size of hotel, we never had any trouble getting one and it never seemed crowded.
Back to our room, the floor had been cleaned, the sun was streaming in and it looked so much better than the previous day, so we were gradually changing our opinion especially as we didn’t notice the noise so much that evening.
Next day at breakfast it was like being in a different place, it wasn’t crowded, the service was brilliant, the coffee was hot and the food plentiful and fresh! We couldn’t believe the change - it really was a great experience.
After that every day, we enjoyed being at the hotel more and more, really grew to love it and were actually very sad to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a quiet, peaceful location in this colorful and vibrant city is Fortune Select Regina, a contemporary upscale full service 5 Star hotel with 102 rooms and suites, located off the main road to Fort Aguada in Candolim, the leisure Riviera of Goa. The hotel is just a seven minute walk from the inviting beaches of North Goa and 45 minute drive from the international airport at Dabolim. Overlooking the verdant rice fields and hills with wide, panoramic views to its east including the main Candolim Church, it is a place where vibrant energy blends with comfortable architecture, offering an ideal destination for a memorable holiday or a perfect business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fortune Select Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Select Regina Hotel Candolim
- Fortune Select Regina Goa/Candolim