“Land of dreams and fantasy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Candolim

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Candolim
Casa Candolim
You added Casa Candolim to your Saves list
854 Camotim Vado | Candolim Beach Road, Candolim, Bardez 403515, India   |
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Candolim
Ostend, Belgium
“Land of dreams and fantasy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Amazing!!
Our one week vacation with family was a memorable stay, the staff were so friendly, the area is so calm, the beach is nearby!
I will certainly come back!
Mireille from Belgium

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

We booked our stay based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and it did not disappoint. Our only regret was not staying longer. We have been touring South East Asia for the last 3 weeks now and this was easily the best place we stayed at in India and happened to be the least expensive thanks to ourearly planning and getting an Advance Saver. Our spacious room was very nicely furnished, the bed was quite comfortable, and the bathroom was clean, pressure water and modern fixtures. The staff were incredibly hospitable without being intrusive. They made us feel so welcome and at home as did the other guests since everyone is in a Holiday euphoria because of this place. Sumir and the Guest manager Lunell were very helpful with driving directions, restaurant reservations (a special mention to a greek restaurant excellent food & view can't remember the name.) s, and even helped us reserve ourtickets for a Goan Play at the Kala Academy( we did'nt follow it as it was in Konkani but the experiene was very unique).The breakfast spread was as good as others described and sitting out by the poolside in the mornings, was very peaceful. On our departure day, we had to leave early so they packed a breakfast for us to take on the road amazing and so thoughtful!!. We hope to make it back someday.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

As my three week holiday in Goa nears an end, and before I return to work and the cold weather in England, I thought what better place than my huge balcony at Casa Candolim to write this review!

As I sit here in the glorious sunshine, overlooking the beautiful swimming pool and palm trees I feel totally relaxed and refreshed.

Before leaving the UK I spent a considerable amount of time researching numerous holiday destinations. As a solo traveller, a 'safe' location was a priority. I was also looking for somewhere hot with a beach, a selection of restaurants and places of interest to visit. My search came to an end when I discovered Casa Candolin and after reading the amazing reviews on this site my mind was made up!

My first contact with the hotel was via email with Sumir and Suvidha Sekhri, the hotel owners. I cannot tell you how helpful Mr and Mrs Sekhri were, quickly answering all of my questions and even before leaving home I knew that I had absolutely made the right decision.

The weeks between booking my trip and leaving the UK seemed to last an eternity, but the day finally came and I travelled from London Heathrow (LHR) to Goa (GOI) via Doha (DOH). I flew with Qatar Airways who, whilst not the cheapest, were excellent.

My flight from Doha arrived in Goa at 0330 and the Casa Candolim had arranged a taxi to collect me from the airport. Even at that time of the morning, for me, having come from the cold UK, the heat was incredible! As I walked through the arrivals hall a very friendly taxi driver was waiting for me and quickly took me to his car. The driver gave me a bottle of cold water which was greatly appreciated!

As we drove from the airport to the hotel I looked out of the window taking in the sights, smells and sounds of my new home and despite being tired from my trip I could feel the stresses and strains of life in the UK starting to drain away.

As we arrived at Casa Candolim I was greeted by Sumir and two of the guys working at the hotel. Despite my early arrival I was made incredibly welcome and offered food and refreshments. I had an amazing first, and subsequent, night's sleep!

So what can I say about Casa Candolim that hasn't already been said by the many people who have written glowing reviews? Well, everything that you have read is true and the hotel is amazing and the service is exceptional. The building, grounds and surroundings are beautiful and the rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped (complimentary basket on arrival with wine and snacks, fridge, bottled water provided daily, cable TV, cable and WIFI Internet access, air conditioning, inside and outside fan etc). The staff are simply amazing beautiful people who would go out of their way to make sure you are happy and have everything you need. I am not a ‘breakfast person’, but was very happy with toast and fresh juice and filter coffee. For those of you who enjoy a hearty start to the day, you will find a wonderful selection of food on the breakfast menu including, amongst other things, eggs any way you want them and pancakes. The drinks and snacks served later on in the day were delicious and I particularly enjoyed sitting on my balcony having a cold beer and sampling the local sweet and savoury delicacies.

Goa itself is a beautiful place and I spent many days on the beach basking in the glorious sunshine and visiting the shacks with Claudina's on Candolim Beach being my favourite (hello Anthony, Alex and the boys!). I also spent time visiting the Wednesday flea market at Anjuna, two Hindu temples, Old Goa (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), Panaji/Panjim (the state capital), the spice plantations which included a fabulous lunch and an elephant ride! Casa Candolim arranged my trips which were incredible value for money and highly recommended - take your camera! In Candolim and beyond you will find a huge selection of restaurants catering for every taste. Two of my favourites were Alexandas and Infernos (both in Candolim).

I will be very sad to leave this wonderful and very special place and in particular I will miss the fantastic people who have looked after me so well.

I would like to finish my review by saying a massive thank you to Sumir, Suvidha and every single member of their wonderful team who made my trip to Casa Candolim and Goa such an incredible experience. I will miss you all and hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Casa Candolim was in a really peaceful location in Goa away from the maddening crowds. It has quick access to Candolim beach which is a haven away from the tourists but has fabulous beach shacks and restaurants to eat and plenty to do in terms of water sports and shopping. The Casa had wonderful staff who had helpful advice each morning about places to visit and what to pay. The rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast was varied and had fantastic variety with the hosts also producing Indian dishes for everyone to try. Do sit by the pool and enjoy the peace.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I booked 6 nights for our 2 year anniversary. We had an pool view suite on the 1st floor. In summary, we could not have been happier and would definitely return again.

We were pleasantly surprised on a few counts. The suite was more spacious and nicer than we had expected (Photos on the net don't capture the feeling of the space). The bed was very comfortable, lovely wooden flooring and slanting roof, its part of the old house. A beautiful antique mirror and lovely floor coverings add to the ambience.

We were really delighted with all the staff -- responsive, thoughtful and genuine. Their smiling faces still in my mind as I write this review. We attended evening tea which they serve each evening to meet other guests this is served near the pool, a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

This was my first trip to India. I was there in search of my family. The first few days were very hard for me. The staff of the hotel pulled me through this hard time. They really took care of me, where needed. I talked a lot with the staff and with the owners. Thanks to them I could relax a little bit and enjoy my stay.
My room was great. The room had a big bed, a refrigerator, bathroom (with a bath!), television, a/c, fan and a shared balcony with the room next to it. There was a little desk with an internet cable underneath it. They had wireless, but I've never used it. The connection was fine for browsing and checking my mail. It was nice to sit on the balcony, especially when it rained. I couldn't see the sea from the balcony, but at night the lights of the ships were visible at the horizon.
There was a breakfast area at the pool side. Breakfast was served every morning. If you want anything special, they will try to get it for you! They served coffee and tea, at the end of the day. I spent a lot of time there, enjoying the environment and chatting with the owner and the staff.
A lot of the shops and restaurants where closed, because of the weather. The hotel was very close to both the main road and the beach. It took less than 5 minutes to get to either the beach or the main road. The hotel arranged a few trips for me. There is a lot to see and to do in Goa.
This trip was an amazing experience, thanks to the staff of Casa Candolim. I can't wait to get back to this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

We spent three nights here in September and would very happily have stayed much longer! As other reviewers have noted, the guesthouse is of an extremely high standard and peaceful a haven for working professionals like us from the metro cities. The room was spacious and impeccably clean.We enjoyed sitting and relaxing in the pretty garden but were assaulted by heavy rains twice. We rented a small wagnor to explore Goa in the monsoon and i think it was a wise decision. We were given a map and daily routes scribbled on paper by the manager, we managed to see a side of Goa which most people miss when they come in season. A short drive away, are quaint villages like Saligoan, Parra & Tivim beautiful with plenty of sights to capture the imagination & the green made the concrete jungle we live in seem so unbearable. Breakfast was fresh with a choice of eggs & pancakes.We could not enjoy the local flavour at the many shacks & restaurants as they were still closed, we did go up to Calangute & Baga for dinner 'Britto's' had some great Goan fish curry.
We based our choice on previous reviews posted by guests, however after staying there we feel we made the right choice, specially the one review that spells out that Casa Candolim is not a 5star property with great facilities.... but the comparison fails.
We will fondly remember the pampering we got here.
We defenitely plan on coming back in Feburary to experience the in season flurry of Goa . Just want to add that Casa Candolim it is thoroughly deserving of its 100% 5-star reviews on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Candolim? Share your experiences!