“Good Option on Nagoa Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Gangasagar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diu
Hotel Gangasagar
You added Hotel Gangasagar to your Saves list
Nagoa Beach | Diu, Diu 362520, India   |
Ranked #9 of 18 Diu B&B and Inns
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
“Good Option on Nagoa Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you are a bunch of bachelors or married guys on leisure trip then this hotel is a good option to stay. Right next to the Nagoa Beach. We were 6 guys on the trip early July; we got a AC room with 4 beds and got additional two beds. It cost us around 3400 Rs including taxes for 1 night. Its a good option to stay as it is right next to the beach. One can take a walk along the beach after dinner. The food is not that good and costly. The room and bathroom was neat. The corridor and common balcony was kept neat. All the path ways are equipped with cctv which is monitored from reception area. This Hotel also has its own Bar and Restaurant; as i said the food is not that good. The AC in the room was working but the remote was not working, in case you had to change the temperature you had to call them. The check-in and check-out was smooth.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vadodara, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel has the best restaurant view of the beach but is blighted by the young and belligerent drunkard crowd.

We had a pleasant time there because a) we didn't really care about the food quality and b) we went when all the drunkards had gone to have there hangover or what ever else they do after a day of drinking and and screaming.

The restaurant is dirty with rubbish on the floor and the the food is below average but in keeping with the level of the hotel. Red food dye is used in the "American Chop Suey" making it look like a neon sign but taste horrid. They were requested not to use Agi ni moto (MSG - Monosodium glutamate) which saved us from that gluey salty taste that blights cheap hotel food here in India (it is also harmful to health).

What we liked was the view of the sea, the sound so the waves and having a cold beer. The staff were very kind and helpful. They helped me carry my disabled wife on a chair up/down the stairs.

The beach itself is very dirty covered with litter.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Santo Stino di Livenza, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I didn't like this hotel for these reasons: I spent 2 nights in this hotel and at the reception I had to pay all the nights before to spend my journey (they told me:you saw the room,you like,so all is perfect-I was ill and I prefered to go directly in my room). I would not recommend to the women that are alone because in the restaurant was full of indian men drunk; From my room overlooking the restaurant and they always looked me, was a very embarrassing situation.
In any case the room was clean and nice, the room service was good and fast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

cozy hotel right on the beach - great view of the sea from the first floor rooms - good food especially great fresh fish dishes

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Gangasagar? Share your experiences!