“Good food but iffy service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Gold Beach Resort

You added The Gold Beach Resort to your Saves list
The Gold Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Devka Beach Road, Marward | Devka Beach road Marward,, Daman 396210, India   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Daman
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good food but iffy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The first shocker we received was when one day before travelling, we called to confirm the booking we had made about a month earlier. We were told that there was no such booking in their records! Only when we sent them the details we had received did they agree that the booking was indeed there. (Btw, the booking had been made from their website and not using any third party). Anyway, on reaching they were polite and courteous. The rooms were very clean and pleasant. When we requested cleaning service the same evening, it was not done. Disappointing. Anyway, the food was quite good. In the outdoor area, loud music was blaring in the evening, which jarred with the seaside serenity at sunset. However, dinner in the restaurant area was pleasant (however, the TV remained on, and some inane channel was put...perhaps for the benefit of the bored waiters?). On a better note, the cocktails were great, as was the food.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TGBR_GM, General Manager at The Gold Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2014

Greetings...!

I want to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to contact me regarding the problem you experienced while staying with us at The Gold Beach Resort. Not only does it give me the opportunity to address the issue, and find a way to fix the problem, it also demonstrates your desire for our Resort to improve in our service to you and all of our Guests. I truly welcome comments from our Guests, both positive and negative, because it is the only way I can learn what our Guests are experiencing when visiting our Resort. Again, thank you very much for bringing this situation to my attention.

An smith Franklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

It is an excellent resort. The rooms are wonderful. The swimming pool and jacuzzi was also awesome. Nice view to the resort as well. The staff os also very friendly. The only issue was the non veg food was not at all grt and the service is too slow for food. However the breakfast was very nice and dey hv good variety in d buffet. All in all a very nice experience..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

TGBR_GM, General Manager at The Gold Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

Greetings...!

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay at “The Gold Beach Resorts”. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at The Gold Beach Resort.

Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,
Ahmedabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel for one night on the 4th of January. My room number was 222.

On top of the room, they have the kitchen exhaust system fans which makes terrible noise. We didn’t realise it at night as we came in late after attending a function in Vapi. I thought that it was the noise of the disco & didn’t complaint at night. At about 02.00 hours, the noise stopped. However, early morning 6 O’clock this terrible noise started & I woke up due to this terrible noise. I went up to see & found this exhaust making noise. Then I came down at the reception to complain. The receptionist instructed to the concerned person, but when I went in my room, the noise had reduced, not stopped. I called again to the reception & after some time, the noise completely stopped. In just 2 hours, the noise started, again. I called at the reception where i was told that its exhaust system noise & nothing can be done.

While checking out, I spoke to the GM & told him about this. He did instruct the reception to call off this room from the sale.

This room was not fit for a guest stay, however, it was sold by the hotel & also allocated to.

Further, at the breakfast, it was a mess. No one really looking after guests, just 3-4 people to handle many guests. Food quality was also not good.

Room Tip: Please check the rooms before checking in. That's the least you can do!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay at the The Gold Beach Resorts . I duly understand the inconveniences caused due to the lapse in our services. Your feedback regarding the same has been put ahead for our improvement in service. Do write to me on the email mentioned below for your future visit so that I can assure you have a flawless stay.
Best Regards,
An smith Franklin.
gm@thegoldbeachresort.in
Devka Beach road
Marward, Nani Daman- 396210.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great ambience. Tick.
Great staff. Tick.
Amazing service. Tick.
Good Food. Tick.
Cozy rooms. Tick.
Everything you can expect and imagine in a 5 star resort is existing here. Its an aweso e weeke d getaway. Can't ask for more.

Room Tip: Request for beach view rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings...!

This has reference the feedback of during stay at The Gold Beach Resorts. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

It is feedback such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future.

Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Now this was plain stupid. The resort highlighted their pool facility, but the sticks are not available.
Apart from that, good hotel, though the beach, bring a rocky one, is not much of a use.
The staff seemed courteous, but since there isn't much to do in Daman, some more activities/facilities in the resort would have been nice.
The price is definitely more than the value provided.

• Stayed January 2014

Greetings...!

I will be using your correspondence at my next staff meeting to demonstrate where mistakes were made and how it affected the quality of our Guest’s stay. The hotel staff, managers as well as service representatives, need to understand where and how to correct these mistakes. With your input I am confident they will get the picture.

Again, thank you very much for bringing this situation to my attention.

Ujjain, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited on dec 28 , the hotel is good , rooms are excellent.The food was ok , the north indian food was not upto the mark , the gujrati dishes were good.The pool and pool side bar was excellent. The main counter staff were coperative but not trained properly because they could not provide us proper details of site seeing and arrange us the taxi promptly.
The poor part of daman was very bad beaches,apart from rocky nature they were very untidy , hotel waste and drainage was poring into the sea from back side.
The muncipality was also very poor in maintaning the beach tidy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TGBR_GM, General Manager at The Gold Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014

Regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you think you can come here and have a peaceful holiday you are so very wrong. The place is full of people from the adjoining state and if you dint have enough of that in Mumbai, then you can come here. Noisy loud people, chidren clattering all over the corridors, grumpy people, people with no sense of courtesy.......I can go on and on and on. But anyways, this should give you the picture.

If you are mid-50s looking to make your final pilgrimage before dying and you have had a troubled life, this is the place for you. For anyone else, do not come here ever.

And yeah the beach, spa - they dont exist. The swimming pool is a mess of people you woudn't want to see on a public beach even in the worst places in India.

The property is like a wannabe some star hotel but it doesn't even get one star.

Room Tip: The only tip is "don't come here". If you come here, you may want to focus on the tele...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings...!

Again, thank you very much for bringing this situation to my attention.

An smith Franklin

Been to The Gold Beach Resort? Share your experiences!