This was the first time I doubted reviews on TripAdvisor. With at least 60% of existing reviewers giving 5 stars to this hotel, it was an easy choice for me while considering a good resort at Daman but reality was very different.
The photographs which you see on the website is 'professionally done' and hides the reality. Overall its not a bad place as such but for the untrained and unprofessional staffs.
What's good here:
- Location (Devaka beach)
- Rooms done up well..
- Nice ambiance
- Food quality (very good)
What's Bad here:
- Poor guest service (food takes 45 minutes to an hour after you have placed order, also they served me food in reverse order i.e I got my starters and soup at the end of the main course)
- Beware and be prepared for the time you will take for check in and check out (I was told firmly upon arrival that rooms are not ready and will get only after 45 minutes although official check in time was 12)
- Swimming pool is not clean at all (not worth taking a dip unless u love spiders/cockroaches)
- Rooms without beach view have nothing to look at.. obstructed by other hotel means u end up having a urban feeling (only looking at buildings)
Not worth the money they charge, in the similar amount you get a Taj Gateway at Nashik, although you can't compare these two properties but with that money you can surely buy much peace than banging your head with people who don't know ABC of hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Daman, The Gold Beach Resort is an ideal spot from which to discover Daman. The city center is merely 5.00 Km away and the airport can be reached within 60 minutes. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. The Gold Beach Resort also offers many facilities to enrich your stay in Daman. Family room, shuttle service, disabled facilities, valet parking, smoking area are just a few of the facilities that set The Gold Beach Resort apart from other hotels in the city. The hotel features 39 beautifully appointed guest rooms, each including in room safe, internet access – wireless (charges apply), coffee/tea maker, separate shower and tub, internet access – wireless. The hotel offers many unique recreational opportunities such as private beach, fitness center, jacuzzi, outdoor pool, steamroom. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the The Gold Beach Resort the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Daman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your The Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.