“OK but not great.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“OK but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Margo's is sometimes good and sometimes not. We prefer other Mexican restaurants in Alamogordo. The food at Margo's is standard Tex-Mex, and not very spicy.

Visited July 2012

College Station, Texas
“Pretty Average, I'd Say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived right at noon and all the staff were having lunch. It took awhile to get ourselves seated.
When the waitress came over, she was cheerfully efficient when taking our order and getting drinks. The chips were nice and crispy, the salsa a little too heavy on the chiles.

It took some time for lunch to come, even though there were very few customers. I ordered the Margo combination plate and my companion ordered the hamburger platter.

His was fair, a pre-fab burger on an oversized bun with a side of french fries. Nothing to write home about.

Mine was tasty, but a little on the overcooked/greasy side.

We waited some time for our ticket to come, then we waited for a lot longer to pay the bill. It would have been really easy to walk out without paying.

I don't believe we'll be going back there as there's a lot of competition for our food dollar and I'm sure there are excellent New Mexican places somewhere in Alamogordo.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado
“Another bummer meal in Alamo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Being in New Mexico only an hour from the border, I thought the food would be great. So wrong. Bland and not at all vegetarian friendly, I may have done better at Taco Bell.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Why is it still open????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I ate there ten years ago and recently returned thinking it would have improved. The food is not good. I got very sick after eating there. Never again.

Visited July 2012
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Average at Best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Being in New Mexico I would expect fantastic Mexican food. Margo's failed to deliver. I have had better Mexican food when I lived in Mississippi. The chile is pureed into some sort of unrecognizable sauce and the food was bland and overpriced. The only positive was that the service was ok and that they had beer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere