“Best privately owned restuarant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Alamogordo
“Best privately owned restuarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'm a local resident & have been eating at Memories Restaurant for many years. It's where were go for special occasions. The prices are reasonable & the restaurant is a restored home from 1904. Very Victorian. Their baked potato soup is awesome. The atmosphere is perfect for a special night out. They are also open for lunch. They make their own pies. Yummy.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lakewood, Colorado
“Excellent Food choices; excellent flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here twice, one night after the other. The service was excellent; the food was superb. I had the pork tenderloin the first night; the prime rib med-rare the 2nd night. My husband at the red snapper, then the coconut shrimp. Can't get over how delicious the food was. Their home-made rolls are excellent. We will go to Alamogordo just to eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Great for All Occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Memories is great for a date night, a professional dinner meeting, or lunch hour. You can ask for a quiet area or be in the bustling rooms to see-and-be-seen. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. My personal fave on the menu? Sweet potato fries.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dorchester, Nebraska
“I really wanted to love this place, but.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I would actually give this place 3 1/2 stars if possible but since they were very nice and the service was good I'm giving them the benefit . This is a beautiful old Victorian home, the kind of place I love, my husband not so much, but it turned out better for him than for me after I talked him into coming here. We were promptly seated in a beautiful dining room right next to an antique oak and glass cabinet full of gorgeously decorated eggs of every kind, color and size. Lots of other antiques around the room. Very nice. Nice selection of wines and beers to start with.
Hubby ordered the chicken fried steak and really enjoyed that. He would have much preferred mashed potatoes to a baked potato (toppings came on the side to load it) but that was not an option. Mixed vegetables were OK, the hot rolls were yummy. I ordered the battered fried cod. Too much coating, and the fish just seemed soggy, kind of mushy, not much flavor. Would like to give this place another try with something else, but never the cod again. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Recommended by locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We enjoyed the atmosphere and our food. We really liked the spicy eggrolls- different for us. We made reservations for dinner- which is seemingly a good idea.

Visited November 2013