“It was, ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It was, ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Cute house. The wife and I have been exploring the various eating establishments in Alamogordo, having just moved here for work.
We started with soup. The French onion soup was inedible. The better half said her potato soup was average.
Next, the salad. We asked what comes in the dinner salad, and were told tomato and cucumber. I suppose 'salad' can also be code for 'lettuce' in this instance. We recieved a bed of lettuce with a wedge of tomato and a couple of slices of cucumber.
The entrees followed immediately after our salads. I had the Prime Rib with seasonal vegtables. The cutie next to me ordered the Filet Mignon. Once I finished my salad, I attended to my entree. Mine was good, cooked correctly and seasoned nicely. The au jus was way, way too salty, again, inedible. I appreciated the horseradish. I'm not sure why there was an orange wedge as a garnish on both of our dishes. The lovely lady next to me enjoyed her Filet. Again, seasoned well and properly cooked. I did not realize folks are still wrapping Filet with bacon. I did see that it said that on the menu....but why would you revert to an outdated culinary method that gets in the way of such a wonderful cut of meat? Never understood that. Anyway....vegetables were ok. Carrots were those baby pre-cut kind you get in a bag from the grocery. Too much butter for my taste.
For desert we shared a chocolate cream pie slice. Did not ask from whence it came. It was ok.
At 7.50 a glass, my wine was good...Three Girls Pinot Noir if I remember correctly. The gorgeous woman next to me appreciated her white...I'm not sure what it was.
100.00 for the evening. Worth it? Eh...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Payson, Arizona
“Restaurant in Quaint Victorian Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had lunch here with a friend. Low expectations resulted in a pleasant surprise. We sat out on the cute screened in porch. The food was very good, waitress was excellent, and I would definitely return here again and recommend it for anyone visiting Alamogordo. It is definitely a nice change from the myriad of fast food restaurants in Alamogordo!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elgin, Illinois
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

With 100's of chain fast food restaurants in Alamogordo, what a pleasant surprise to find a local restaurant located in a lovely historic home. I was stunned to see this lovely home complete with front porch and green lawn in front. Food was great and server very friendly. The owner of the business happend to be there and she chatted with us about the history of the home and renovations, etc. The decor was nicely done and we felt like we had stepped back into time sitting in the former parlor. Nice finishes on the historic home that you do not see anymore. A fun and totally unexpected place to dine.

If you are tired of the fast food scene, then try this unique restaurant.

LAS CRUCES
“My favorite restaurant in Alamogordo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

A friend introduced me to Memories Restaurant about ten years ago. I try to stop there anytime I'm in the Alamogordo area. The huge front porch and Victorian-style location make it feel like a visit to your grandmother's house--warm, welcoming and, of course, great food! In this "hustle and bustle" world, it's nice to sit back and relax in this homey "sit-a-spell" atmosphere. My favorite place to eat is on the "side porch."

I've eaten many meals at Memories over the years. The menu choices are simply astounding! The food is consistently exceptional, as is the service. I also feel it is reasonably priced as well. You can come to Memories for a "special occasion" as some of the local high school prom-goers did last weekend when I was there, for a business luncheon, or just for a laid-back meal with family or friends.

The owner and her staff go to great lengths to make you feel welcome. I love supporting a small, local, family-run business, too.

I would highly suggest making a reservation as it has been my experience that if the front door is open, this restaurant is full! When passing through Alamogordo--don't "forget" Memories!

Alamogordo, New Mexico
“I Loved IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have ate at Memories several times and have NEVER had a bad meal. From their steak in the evening to the soups, sandwiches, salads, quiche at lunch. The loaded baked potato soup is my favorite. Delicious deserts to choose from as well.

• Visited March 2013