“Classic Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Alamogordo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Classic Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Wow! Nice and Clean little independent motel in Alamogordo! i really enjoyed clean and comfortable bed. Manager is very nice and courteous and internet access was plus. Great value for price I paid. Will see stay next time I travel through the town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cerritos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I came to visit white sands and i was looking for a affordable place to stay. I was very lucky that i found Classic inn because their rates are very good compared to others and the manager was very nice helping me late at night. I was also surprised on how clean the room was and the bed was very comfortable. i ended up staying here couple extra days since the location is central and ended up exploring the town. Also i like to mention that my room had a flat screen tv, that was big bonus!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Classic Inn in Alamogordo and enjoyed it very much. I got a very clean and nicely decorated room. The outside appearance was clean and fresh. The owners are a very sweet couple. They do their very best to insure people who stay at their motel will be happy with their stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

So I and Wife stayed here May 24th to 27th..........I didn't expect much since its an independant motel - not a franchise. Must say that I was impressed with the cleanliness of the Room. Furniture seemed a bit old but that was not any of my concern. I am very picky when it comes to bed sheets, bathroom, towels and preety much anything I have to touch with my own body. All of these were spotless. No real oder in the room or anything. I ended up talking to the owners during my stay and as it turns out they do the cleaning themselves and take it very seriously too, which obviously showed. There is a railroad track close by and a train did pass by at night little annoying but didn't bother us much. Again for the price you are paying - great value!!!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for the memorial day weekend for 5 nights, called in last minute to reserve. The manger was nice enough to give us a last minute reservation for 5 nights vs. other motels in town where they quoted us a different price over the phone and gave us a way higher price when we got to the motel. But Classic Inn manger on the other hand gave us a discount for staying there for 5 nights. Who does that now a days.

Location is perfect - 20 Miles from White Sands National Monument, 3 Miles from New Mexico Museum of Space History, walking distance from Alameda Park Zoo, and minutes away from historical downtown and-Pistachio Tree Rnch & Country Store. In short this motel is right in the middle of town and if you will be driving to near by towns like we did to Roswell, Carlsbad Caverns, Silver City and Ruidoso then this is the place to stay. And more importantly you can't beat the price and clearness (clean bathroom, nice flat screen TV's, clean sheets and pillows and love the southwester style wall colors) .
The staff is super helpful whenever we needed anything......extra towels, pillows........ they even have laundry machines on site which was a plus for us since we stayed here for 5 nights. Even though this motel is on the main road, we had no trouble sleeping at night and the train didn't bother us at all.

All in all we really enjoyed staying at Classic Inn Motel and would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for clean and budget friendly motel with great management and location.

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I found this motel to be ok, but nothing more. Our room was rather small, fitting both our suitcases was a bit of a problem. The bathroom wasn´t perfectly clean - there were dust and some water spots on the shelf, nothing too bad, but it was obvious and could have been fixed in five seconds; the fridge didn´t work, and there were trains running all night nearby, which made it rather loud, and there´s no breakfast, which is included in most motels that charge the same price. I slept well, though, and the staff are nice and helpful, so I guess it was fine, but nothing to brag about.

stanley, new mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed with family members in 3 separate rooms, There were bugs, The bed was itchy, They closed the laundry room early and opened up late, The rooms were very tiny, We were constantly watched, The owners were very rude and mean, When my disabled parents moved out after they stayed 4 to 5 months. They were treated very badly and the owners started cleaning the room over an hour before t hey were to check out at 11. When my daughter rented a room from them as they are the cheapest weekly rent In Alamogordo,
We were going to stay in the room that my daughter rented for a week for 2 to 3 days as we were visiting them and trying to help our kids get a place to live and when they saw my husband they told her and him that when her parents stayed here they left blood on the sheets and told her if they knew she was our daughter before they rented her the room they would not of rented it to her.
Let me say that on behalf of my husband, and myself as well as our mother and father and daughter and son & Grandkids that were all staying there together at the same time.
and who know us well, We are far from messy and always clean up after staying some where and I am in Menopause I do not have a period anymore.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to stay - Might be a little more $ But it will be worth it & you won't be...