“Very busy-not well handled” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New, Opened June 4th
Atlanta
“Very busy-not well handled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Busy time of year apparently in Alamogordo. The wait was long, the hostess asked us- a family of 4 adults (obvious grandparents and adult children), 2 small children, and a baby if we would take separate tables! Seemed "rattled" when we said "no". Food average and food delivery fair. Husband and I went back for a quick glass of wine another night (Sunday when "happy hour" advertised all night). I sat in the bar area for 15 min. waiting for my husband- I found my own seat, no one ever approached me although the wait persons passed me by several times and looked my way. The table was dirty and a she nor the busier stopped to clean it. My husband arrived and when I told him this, he went to the bar to order our drinks. Bartender pleasant, gave the happy hour pricing. The server THEN came over but we told her we were fine. She "lightly" apologized for our going to the bartender. However, when we indicated one more glass of wine, she did bring it but gave the bill for the full amount and seemed surprised when we mentioned that "isn't it happy hour prices all Sunday?". She had to go check…and indeed!! changed the amount. I am thinking that since Alamogordo is a relatively small town, when it gets "hit" during winter holidays, perhaps they just are not prepared? Same experience with local hotel…?

Visited December 2013

Bay Area Houston, Texas
“Best Waitress Ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just finished dinner. I had eggplant parmesean and angel hair pasta with meat sauce. Food was ok. Not bad at all but just not standout good. But our server Rachel was fabulous. Management: get Rachel a raise or bonus or something! Rachel was friendly and helpful from the moment she said hello and until the last minute of our meal. She was patient and polite while having fun teasing us and smiling. Best Waitress I have ever been served by. Anywhere.

Hollywood, Maryland
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Excellent food. Sat by bar as I wanted to watch World Series. Service was great, food was even better. Italian nachos, salad, spaghetti and meatballs and tiramisu amazing.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“An excellent alternative to Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Handy, right beside the hotel cluster. Half-price drinks during a long happy hour make wine much cheaper by the generous glass than the bottle, but the 1/2 price deal extends to bottles on Wed's. Surprisingly good food for an Italian chain. To start, lovely bread with a dip of olive oil with garlic and cracked pepper. The Italian pot roast was well beyond expectations. Quick service from a clean open kitchen, even though the place was packed with a lineup on a Thursday.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mayhill, New Mexico
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Just a typical chain restaurant, but good in the context of available dining in Alamogordo. Service was good, but had a bad experience on a previous visit where the waitress pocketed our change without us so much as hinting it might be a tip.

Visited September 2013