“As good a choice as any in Alamogordo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 S White Sands Blvd, Alamogordo, NM 88310 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Alamogordo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“As good a choice as any in Alamogordo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Stayed here because I wanted to visit White Sands. All the motels/hotels in town are along the same busy strip...a 6 lane highway where US 70 and 54 come together, so I'm guessing one is pretty much as good as the other, and I went for the least expensive that night. And they're ALL pricey, perhaps because since it's a military town, most of the travelers are getting the military discount so they sock the rest of us.

This place has exterior doors (unusual for a Comfort Inn) but I was on the second floor so I didn't mind. No elevator. Spread out through 3 separate buildings, and the breakfast is served in a 4th building. In short, you need to go outside to access the lobby or breakfast.

I was in the building furthest back, so that dampened the highway noise quite a bit. Still, I never travel without earplugs.

My bed was comfortably firm, which is how I like it. In fact, I chose to stay a second night when I decided there was more hiking to do in the area than I'd anticipated. Both nights I slept like a log and awoke refreshed. Be sure to visit one or both of the pistachio farms and sample the many different kinds of flavored nuts and candies!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
on th road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed here Sept 20 and Oct 2, 2010, in rooms 131 and 121. All of the staff I interacted with (office, housekeeping, breakfast room) were efficient, courteous, helpful and friendly. The hotel was easy to find on White Sands Blvd.

The rooms were clean, smelled nice, everything functioned well and there were plenty of pillows. If your room is on the first floor, you can park right outside the door of the room, making loading and unloading the car easy. Having the small fridge with freezer is great for keeping the cold packs for the car cooler solid. The pool is conveniently located, with security gate and well fenced for privacy and to keep critters out. There is a fitness room, but I was unable to make the treadmill work on my last stay. There is a hot breakfast (scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy), as well as the standard cold cereal, boiled eggs and fruit, beginning at 6 am every day. Monday through Thursday they have an afternoon Happy Hour in the breakfast room which was nice and out of the ordinary, with chicken wings and fresh veggie platter.

This hotel is conveniently located with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The Wal-Mart, if needed, is not too far down the street, also in walking distance if you don’t have heavy things to carry back. Plenty of gas stations within easy driving distance.

Each of my visits to this hotel was pleasant, with no noisy neighbors or barking dogs (gotta love that no pet policy!). I hope you enjoy your stay, as well. Happy travels!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Room was a little dated but clean. Large breakfast area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This place is the average motel. We stayed on the 2nd floor so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs.....I guess we needed the exercise! The pool was small, but refreshing. The breakfast was great and although busy, was run well. My greatest disappointment is that Choice Hotels never had an upgrade available to us on our 28 day road trip, of which we stayed in several of their hotels. We'll be changing all future road trips to places that cater to their loyal customers!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed here while visiting family in Alamogordo. The hotel we usually stay in was booked. We've stayed in other Comfort Inns in other parts of the country and have not been disappointed. However, this one needed cleaning and was very outdated. It was very disappointing. When someone asked about how our visit to New Mexico was, the first thing our 12 year old said was "the hotel was gross". So next time we'll be sure to book our favorite hotel well in advance or we'll stay in Las Cruces.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Penonome, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Room was superficially clean but, when I wiped up a simple water spill around the sink, the towel came away black. Well, at least the cockroach was dead, the centipede and the 2 spiders were not. The room was nicely made up every day but there was always at least one hair in the sink or shower. Bed was ok but getting a little soft. Parking was good up front but in the back area the spaces were too narrow and there were not enough of them. Took 2 days to get a laundry list the first time. Never did get one the second time I asked. Do not use their laundry service for western shirts, they ruin the snaps.

On the other hand: There is a very good, full breakfast available and plenty of it. Pool looks nice but I never had a chance to use it. Friendly staff. Good location. Good washers, driers and soap available. Quiet.

I would stay here again only if I could not find someplace better.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We had a 1 bedroom, king suite with partial room divider. The room was very large with a wet bar/kitchenette. The refrigerator was not turned on and warm, when we arrived. The room layout was much better then most suites with the tv on a stand where it could be easily be turned between the living room and bedroom. This is a older property but well maintained and clean. The breakfast includes some hot items but the best part was the evening reception. The night we arrived, there were sloppy joes, nachos, a very fresh vegetable platter, and free sodas. We didn't even have to buy dinner that night. There was a computer and printer in the lobby that we used to print out our boarding passes for the next day. We were very comfortable here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!