“One of the best small-town hotels I've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Alamogordo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“One of the best small-town hotels I've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The room was great: spotless, very comfortable bed, modern style, and new TV. We got upgraded (Marriott Gold members) to a room with a jacuzzi, making it even better. The hotel is as close as you can get to White Sands NM, which we visited - the hotel even has saucers you can borrow (for free!) for sledding on the dunes. The lobby is nicely decorated, with a huge fish tank. It's also walking distance from Chilis and Applebee's, as well as some other restaurants - no need to get in the car for dinner. About the only negative was that breakfast was just average: not bad, but no better than other places.

This was one of the best "small-town" hotels I've ever stayed in. The next time I go to White Sands, I'm staying here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Angie M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and Alamogordo. We are always looking for new ways to improve and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Last minute stay after visiting White Sands on a road trip. One of the best hotels we stayed at on the whole 3 week trip. Clean and comfortable with friendly customer service. We ate at Carrinos right next door. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
I am glad we were able to accommodate you during your last minute trip. White Sands is such an amazing place to visit. Please come back and see us during your next road trip.
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very inviting Lobby, Customer Service was Excellent! I was greeted by Front Desk Clerk Josh. Although I was having difficulty with Priceline on the phone, Josh stepped in as a Liason and assisted me with my reservation scheduled with Priceline. All Employees, even the manager greeted my Family and I. The rooms were spotless, the Decor had an Amazing Southwest Feel, and the amenities were endless. Due to the Quality of the Customer Service, I feel I will stop using Priceline, and begin booking directly through Marriott. Josh made me feel at ease, and took charge with the problems and difficulty I was having with Priceline. I appreciate his Professionalism, and Courtesy. This is the first Review I have given a Hotel in my 10 year History using Priceline, and I feel it was well worth my time to leave a review. If traveling through Alamogordo, this would Definitely be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor. It was quiet. Staff was friendly. The halls were spotless, Decor was Pe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share such kind words with us. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am glad Josh was able to help with your Priceline reservation. On behalf of our staff and myself, we thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you during your next Alamogordo trip.
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I stayed here as part of our summer vacation road trip to head out West. We spent the afternoon sledding on the dunes at nearby White Sand National Park, and then the night at this Fairfield Inn & Suites. The desk clerk on duty, Josh, was very helpful and attentive to our needs. Also, I noticed that the Fairfield Inn had the sand disks for sledding at the WHite Sands dunes available behind the counter - not sure if they are complimentary for guests or not. This property was very clean and neat, and my sons enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a lot of selections. In addition to Belgian Waffles, they also had an automated pancake making machine! I would defintiely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel during your road trip. We do have sleds that we lend out upon availability. I will inform Josh of the great service he provided you with. Thank you again and we hope to see you during your next family road trip!
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was out working at Alamogordo, after a long day this was a most relaxing and clean hotel to stay. I had a good nights rest, was quiet. Will definitely stay here again!! The hotel had easy access to get to the location. Everything was what I expected and more. Tommy Lubbock,Texas

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your review Mr. Lubbock. I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel. Please come back and see us.
Marshalltown, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This Fairfield is less than two years old, according to the front desk help. The place is fantastic. Marble sink counter tops, stainless steel wastebaskets, fancy wall appointments. It's immaculate. The staff is quite friendly. The 2nd shift desk person (Josh) gave us some good dining tips each night, and when we returned he welcomed us and asked how our dinner was. To date, I do think this was the nicest motel we've ever stayed in, not only in terms of the decor, but the friendly nature of the staff.

The breakfast was also very good, well stocked, and the breakfast area was also kept clean by the attendants.

There were small kids above us aspiring to be the next Charlie Watts (Stones drummer), but that's not an inherent problem with the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Angie M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I will share this with our staff and commend Josh for the great service he was able to provide you with. Please come back and see us.
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I like this hotel brand and was happy to find a Fairfield Inn near White Sands National Park when I was booking our 2-week road trip around New Mexico. But this was probably the nicest Fairfield Inn we've ever had the pleasure of spending the night in.

The hotel looks brand new, with a stylish, contemporary feel. Our double-queen room was unusually spacious, with high ceilings and a funky (but convenient) bathroom design. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was generous, the room was spacious with plenty of seating, and all the offerings were quickly refreshened as guests depleted them.

But the best part of our stay was the excellent customer service. We arrived late and were greeted by unusually pleasant and helpful front desk staff, who went over and above in helping out with restaurant recommendations and directions to July 4th fireworks. Our check out experience was equally pleasant.

A couple of nights later we found ourselves in another Fairfield Inn (in Carlsbad) and were shocked at the disparity in service, professionalism, and condition of the hotel. Marriott should send the Alamogordo staff down to show them how it's done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We honestly have some of the best employees and I am so proud of them. I appreciate the recognition and we look forward to having you stay with us during your next Alamogordo trip.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamogordo? Share your experiences!