“Park vizag, a best place to stay in visakhapatnam” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Beach Road, Visakhapatnam 530023, India   |
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“Park vizag, a best place to stay in visakhapatnam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

The Park Visakhapatnam, a best place to stay in Vizag
Date: 15th nov, 2008
Reviewer : Sujan Sen
I visited Visakhapatanam in the month of August 08 and decided to stay at The Park. Being the only beach front five star property is a big advantage for the hotel. Built like a leisure resort, my first impression of the property was phenomenal… It was indeed a beautiful place and done up accordingly. The lobby as I entered was small but the warmth of the reception made up for it. The room I was given was sleek and smart; it had a gorgeous view of the sea. The lush greenery of the well manicured lawns and the swaying palm trees added to the beauty and serenity of the resort. The poolside is exquisite both during the day as well as night. At night the place comes alive with the ambience lightings.. The food at the hotel was rather spicy and a bit too sour for my palette. Nearly every thing that I tasted had a touch of tamarind in it. Vista is a perhaps the jewel in the crown, it has a marvelous visibility of the breathtaking sea. In fact all the activity zones like the pool, the tennis court are well maintained, though the jogging track needs a bit of sip & polish.

• Liked — Best beach side, well decorated property. sea facing restaurant.
  • Disliked — Food is to spicy, lobby is small.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
hyderabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

We just stayed for a day at Park vizag on Sep 1,2007 and really liked the hotel.The satff is very polite ,courterious and always ready to go an extra mile for you.The housekeeping was great and promply serviced the cleaned the room at my request .The air conditioning and cleaniness in room was perfect.The queen sized bed in room was comfortable.The booked a delux room.It was a large room with an exotic sea view.We ordered through room service and the food was great & promptly delivered .The property has nice manicured gardens ,a giant chessboard and very lovely view of the sea .You can go to the beach from hotel's gardens but the sand is very dirty and is loaded with all sorts of garbage .The bathroom is small but clean.
The only thing it lacked is proper ventilation due to which the floor takes a huge time to get dry.The dinner table in my room had a lot of scratches which I would not lexpect from a 5 * property.Over all i would definately stay in Park Vizag if I visit vizag again.

• Liked — the sevice and the sea view from Hotel garden and rooms.
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

Hi,

This is for everyone who are not always lucky .

I went to Vizag last weekend to spend a relaxing holiday. I had booked myself at The Park after going through all the reviews at various websites. They were offering a 3 nights 4 day tour package.

I was duly picked up after reaching Vizag. After an okay check-in, I went upto the room to drop my luggage. I was in for a big surprise. The room was pretty normal without any carpets. The bed was a wrought iron bed of a size bit smaller than the normal queen size. The basin and bathtub had water logging issues. the shower does not work. The bathroom is so badly litup that I could hardly shave. The furniture is all rustic and dirty. I was double checking every surface before keeping my stuff. The view of the sea is good. But with a foul smelling bathroom and an untidy room, no amount of beach view really attracted me. I called up the management and asked them to rectify the room. But as you can see from my description, there were lots of things which were wrong therein. I then checked out their superior rooms which were somewhat cleaner but not of the standard of The Park. I have stayed at The Park in Chennai, Calcutta and Gangtok. But this facility in Vizag is not even remotely close to the standards. I was very shocked. I checked out in flat 20 minutes, lost 2000 INR and booked myself in Taj Residency. Taj lived upto its standards. I paid almost the same money as in The Park. I did not have a private beach..but then it was not my honeymoon where I liked to be the only one having a beer on the beach with my wife. So I enjoyed the beach as any other traveller. It was a long weekend and there was a decent crowd. But I never missed anything like the "private beach experience of The Park".

So folks, I might be the first one to write up this..but please be careful. You might check the rooms and facilities before checking in..so that you donot lose money and have a misadventure like mine.

Thanks

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The hotel rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Check it out in person before going in
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

Excellent Customer Service, very courteous and attentive from the doorman to the Manager. The staff is very friendly and personable.
The food was magnificent, always fresh and warm, lots of variety, from Indian, American and Chinese Dishes, anytime.

The ambience and decor is simply beautiful, marble floors, fresh floral arrangements daily, clean and shiny floors. The Housekeeping staff is wonderful, they clean and cater to your every need, and my laundry was always starched and pressed superbly. My most special memory that I kept as a souvenir is the mint, a fresh flower, a perfume sample called Dream along with a note left on my bed.

Better than any 5 star Hotel in NY.

Everything you see on the website is REAL only more beautiful than in pictures. I picked this hotel on this website only and was truly impressed and elated with my 32 day stay there. The Spa, the Ocean view is remarkable. I will never forget my stay there and will be back every two years. HIGHLY RECOMMENED

Been to The Park Visakhapatnam? Share your experiences!