“Best Hotel in Vishakhapatnam” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WEEKEND ESCAPE
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Hyderabad, India
“Best Hotel in Vishakhapatnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I happened to stay in Novatel during one of my recent trips. Great hotel..specially the location and the view is very good....in my opinion this is the best in the city. The rooms are designed and furnished to give you the best comfort. I checked in very late in the night (like 2.30AM) and ordered food from room service and I was served freshly cooked food which was delicious. The restaurants and the pool have great ambiance and nice view. Enjoyed staying there and would love stay again.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are bigger and have great view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. It will be a pleasure for me to share your comments with the entire team.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it allow us to focus our continue improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach.

Madhav Bellamkonda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Visakhapatnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Not Providing Break Fast to Accor Advantage Plus Card Holders is very bad and to discriminate those card holders is very bad and we don't expect this type of approach from this supposed to be top class hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out your precious time to share your feedback about us on the Trip advisor.

At the very outset I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I have shared your points of concern with the team to look into the possibilities to make certain that we are able to offer some more value additions apart from the ones which are being offered to our loyalty guests.

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights. Overall, a great stay.
Room had a very good view of the beach.
Bed was comfortable and clean.
I like the layout of the room and how the blinds in the bathroom be drawn up and down.

Room service quality was above average.
I really like the thai green curry (although I found it slightly spicy).

Felt safe staying at this hotel too and hotel staff are constantly greeting guest with a smile. Way to go! Thanks for the kind hospitality. :)

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the feedback that we get as it allows us to know what we need to improve and thus improve the experience for future guests.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation shall go a long way for the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach! It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We booked a superior room but were offered an upgrade to a premier room at a discount. The room had a good view except for portions of it being a slum with blue roof top tents. The staff worked hard to find a room with a better view except this time the room they gave had the view to the beach blocked (from the shower area) because of malfunctioning of the blinds. They couldn't fix the blinds and we were too tired of switching the room yet again. The complimentary buffet breakfast was nice and had a great spread. The lunch buffet at Square wasn't enticing for me as a vegetarian - it had a broader set of non-veg options and few veg options. The dining at Zaffron was good - nice live music and the service was excellent as well - also they offered a 20% discount for premier room guests which was a pleasant surpise. SPA services were nice but I believe was exorbitant compared to other good places around. Oh one last word of caution - the hard wood floor in the room was too smooth and all 4 in the family almost slipped one time or the other.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with front view in premier category (just 4-6 of these in the property).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out your precious time to share your candid feedback on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we continue to receive positive feedback from our guests about our services, I am saddened that on this occasion we have failed to meet your expectations. I would like to bring to your attention that we are continuously upgrading our product to ensure a high standard for travelers like yourself and your feedback is important to ensure that.

Once again I would like to thank you for constructive feedback and we look forward to having you again with us and assure you of the best of our attention at all times.

My team joins me with the hope to welcome you again at Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach and make sure your next stay with us will leave a positive impression.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I came to this hotel in need of total relaxation after spending a month in rural India.
It had all our creature comforts and more.
We tried all the restaurants and each of them was great.
My favourite dish was Coq au vin at The Square.
The pool was great, though a little on the warm side.
Service was excellent.
Breakfast for standard buffet with good service.
Got a hotel car to the airport which cost R1100
Sadly check out was hindered with wrong amounts being charged to my account. R7000 to be exact. This took a far bit of time to sort out at 6.30am in the morning .

Check the Minibar menu and pricelist to see if it has been changed to say prices dont include tax. as mine said prices inclusive of tax. Was not impressed when told I had to pay tax on the mini bar when it said tax included. Reception tried to dismiss as an error on the pricelist. Where I said, I says it is included so I will not pay the extra. Reception took the tax off.

Other than this checkout glitch our stay was EXCELLENT! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time for giving us feedback on trip advisor. At the very outset I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you whilst your departure. I would like to acknowledge, that we strive hard and value the precious time of our esteemed guests so that these lapse can be eliminated from the delightful experience.

It is our constant endeavor to exceed guest expectation but seem to have fallen short of it this time I request you to take this as an isolated incident, rest assured, we shall ensure no such recurrences of this in future.

We would ensure that these gaps and lapses as experienced by you are strengthened and adequate measures taken to be consistent.

We look forward to having you again with us and assure you of the best of our attention at all times.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Novotel Varun's The Square hosts lazy sunday lunch every sunday. The spread is awesome and the ambience amazing. The location is perfect overlooking the sea. You can also have a dip in the pool. Live music added recently and a wonderful vocalist belts out classic and popular hidi songs. The staff is efficient and friendly. They also have unlimited alcohol option which is worth trying. Special credit to Executive Sous Chef Naresh kumar D. My son got his portrait done for free and was thrilled. Overall a satisfying experience. Kudos and keep it up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time and sharing a review on Trip Advisor about your Sunday Brunch experience at our All Day Dining Restaurant “The Square”. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed it thoroughly with your family.

We are happy to learn from your comments that you also had a good experience at the Hotel. It is our constant endeavor to exceed guest expectation. I would like to bring to your attention that we are continuously upgrading our product to ensure a high standard for travelers like yourself and your feedback is important to ensure that.

I am pleased to hear that the staff provided such excellent customer service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the team and especially with our Executive Sous Chef Naresh. We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized.

It's really great to receive your feedback! Looking forward to seeing you and your family back at Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Had stayed in this place for 3days last week.lovely place. Clean and we'll kept rooms. Especially the fourth floor we stayed were really good. If you keep the screens of your windows a little open you can wake up seeing the beautiful sunrise on Varun beach from your bed.infinity swimming pool ,their restaurant and poolside coffee shop every thing has an awesome view of sea.... My god you have to see it to believe it....not only a good value for what you are paying but an experience by itself....

Room Tip: Fourth floor sea facing rooms are my bet...
Dear Guest,

We are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best. Hence, it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and facilities such as yours.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach! It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service.

Madhav Bellamkonda

Been to Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach? Share your experiences!