“Good hotel for Short Stay, Awesome Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Hyderabad

You added Hyatt Hyderabad to your Saves list
Hyatt Hyderabad
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Road No.2, I.T. Park | Plot 7, IT Park Nanakramgu Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500019, India (Formerly Ista Hyderabad)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #32 of 274 Hotels in Hyderabad
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good hotel for Short Stay, Awesome Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first trip to Hyderabad and first time I was staying in Hyatt. Staff are awesome, they take care of you very well, 5 star for these guys. Only problem I felt was the rooms, rooms were small, but it was clean. Food was good and pretty costly too. Overall the stay was good and I personally recommend this hotel for only short stays.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Duxbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Typical Hyatt. Room a little smaller. Nice lobby bar. Didn't get a chance to eat at restaurant but apps at bar were great. Friendly staff. Very nice grounds. In the newer part of hyderabad. Would stay again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Paul V,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay and will most definitely share your positive feedback with my teams.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any queries and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the very near future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had stayed at the Hyatt (formerly the Ista) many, many times. Almost too many. In general, I find the hotel very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. I always get prompt and reliable service. The hotel rooms are comfortable, wood and glass themed, and a bit spartan in that appropriate modern way. The hotel lobby is nice for a drink and the cascading waterfall is a nice effect, you can enjoy the piano player in the evening. This is a business hotel. I stayed there because my Company office is very close, and most guests are IT business people. The pool area is quite nice for relaxing and I have used the Spa on several occasions (not since it changed to a Hyatt hotel). The fitness room has enough weights and machines to satisfy an avid health club goer for a light work-out. The restaurants there are fine as well. I really do not like the breakfast buffet for some reason, and always find it lacking - the last trip I actually brought my own breakfast food from North America. Overall, my experience there is positive. This place won't be the nicest hotel you've ever stayed at, but you will feel comfortable and relaxed there in its spa-like setting. It is excellent value. Some people complain about the beds being pretty firm, which I don't mind and after a 10 hour time difference and jet lag, a comfortable bed is really not the only thing keeping me from sleeping.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool. I find that much nicer than hotels that face outward. There...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Anthony N,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Guest feedback remains the most important tool for us to measure our services and I always find it helpful when I hear back from our guests.

I am delighted to see that you have been using our hotel over the years and enjoy the facilities and the services. I will most definitely share your positive feedback with my teams and please feel free to contact me at any time for any assistance or queries.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights whilst on business at a global IT company based locally at WaveRock. No major complaints with the hotel, room or service except that there were issues with my bill and it took over 30 minutes and 5 staff members to get it corrected and checked out when we were wanting to travel to the airport.

Staff were very pleasant and attentive, especially the waitresses in both restaurants we ate in. The breakfast and buffet for lunch/dinner had plenty of variety and the Indian restaurant in particular served excellent food. We used the hotel cars each day and they were always available at short notice including pickup to return to airport.

Room was not huge but the bed was firm just how I like it and I slept very well with not much noise being heard. I didn't use the pool or the spa. Having to pay for wifi was slightly annoying. Not much of a view from the room which was on the ground floor.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear amcintosh12,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

I am happy to see that you had a comfortable stay and will most definitely share your positive feedback about our Food & Beverage staff as well as quality with my team.

Indore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'd say it's an all-out business hotel. Average rooms. Lobby is far grander than its innards. The swimming pool and surrounding area is pretty. The landscaping of the hotel is also pretty well done. Formerly-ISTA, the only people it provides a locational advantage to are the IT guys whose offices are close by or anyone who has anything to do with ISB - Gachibowli. The people are very friendly and hospitable. The rooms are average. Bed is stiff, one would not really expect from a hotel that displays such gradeur otherwise. The bathroom interiours are slightly tackily done. The spa is pretty awesome, however, well-trained staff & a good facility overall. As a business hotel I'd expect well-functioning, high-speed internet but alas, one has to purchase a package and that also is not one that dazzles you.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear SuruchiB,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

I appreciate your constructive feedback about our hotel and the surroundings and will most definitely share the same with my teams. Please feel free to contact me at any time and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the very near future.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Stayed at this hotel when it was still the Ista, therefore the review is based on that experience:
Date of Stay - July 2011 (Not December 2013 - that was the earliest selection available)
Excellent hotel.
The decor was very relaxing and well maintained.
The restaurants (unfortunately there was only the one open when I stayed, others under refurbishment) served high quality food at all times. It couldn't be faulted.
Service was excellent, friendly, and with staff who took a personal interest and remembered your preferences.
Rooms - comfortable, very clean, and fairly luxurious.
Bar - very well stocked, excellent service. Could not be faulted.
Spa - had one treatment whilst I was there - I wish I had booked more. Truly worth the price paid.
Highlight of every week was the Sunday Brunch. Foods from all regions of the world, including local street style food. An opportunity to take a very leisurely breakfast and sample cuisines from all over.

Overall, an excellent hotel that I hope to re-visit someday.
I just hope that the change in ownership does not change the atmosphere and service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear AJLandALR,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel on your last visit to Hyderabad. I am delighted to see you have pleasant memories of the hotel as well as our staff and will most definitely share your positive feedback with them.

As a well established hotel company we are consistently focusing on improving guest experiences and most definitely have strived to continue on delivering excellent facilities and services that our hotel has always adhered to over the years.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any assistance and I do hope you have the opportunity to travel to Hyderabad again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I've been coming to Hyd for 7 or more years. I'll write this review with stays at The Lemon Tree, & Westin in mind. This review also considers that most of the previous reviews were under the Ista name, prior to Hyatt's buyout. Many, many of the Ista staff are still there though.

Size: Compared to the other major HYD hotels I've stayed in, this seems much smaller, yet is not lacking any ammenities.

Staff: The staff at all the hotels was nice, but this staff is MUCH more personalble. They remember the little things and it amazes me. It is truly like a Bed and Breakfast in that respect.

Hotel Facilities: I was there for Diwali once and they made it magic. I love the lavish use of architectural features. They have very nice use of water features, granite, travertine, marble, and my favorite, some bench-sized petrified wood!

B-fast: The Breakfast food, facilities, and staff are impecable. Whether you're looking for Indian, European, or American fare, it can be found.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear DonLKaufman,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am shared the same with my team and they too are delighted in seeing your positive feedback.

Warm regards,

Girish Bhagat

Been to Hyatt Hyderabad? Share your experiences!