“The Best Advice You've Received Till Date” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“The Best Advice You've Received Till Date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

For the not so frequent travelers like myself, the only food item I've associated with Hyderabad is the Hyderabadi Biryani, after eating a meal at Dakshin, I'd recommend that one does not take the road often taken, and should indulge themselves at the food this restaurant has to offer. Everything from the prawns, the mutton, chicken gassi, (many many more dishes that I cannot remember), were cooked to perfection by our chef Lakshit and his team. We left Dakshin, with a filled stomach, a heavy heart and very big smiles on our faces. The food, is simple, flavorful and in a nutshell..yummy!, do not miss it for the world.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a luxury collection hotel , Hyderabad India

Thank you for sharing your recent culinary experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your dining experience with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Hyderabad, India
“The Best Candle Light Dinner At ITC-Dakshin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband had arranged for a surprise Candle light dinner at ITC Dakshin and i was mesmerised by the warm welcome by Archana and Shiva with a boquet of roses. To my surprise, they took me and my hubby to a private area for dining specifically arranged for us. The ambience was excellent and table was decorared amazingly with rose petals and candles. It was the perfect dinner and surprise i ever had in my life. Thanks to my hubby and ITC who did a very good job in making our first anniversary memorable. I would like to thank Shiva, Kamesh and Archana who took care of each and every minute details in arranging the food for us based on our taste and requirements. My hubby liked fish a lots in starters and i can say that there was nothing that i could complain of. All in all it was the best evening with lot of good memories which i can cherish forever.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a luxury collection hotel , Hyderabad India

Thank you for sharing your recent culinary experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Management
“Candle light dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I arranged for a surprise candle-light dinner for the wife, and the staff at Dakshin set a benchmark as far as I am concerned. The private dining room at the Dakshin was so well made and dimly lit up, that it added all the zest we required for our anniversary dinner. My recommendation for this service at Dakshin is nothing short of 'top rated'. The delectable spread that I short-listed with the help of Shiva at Dakshin is praise-worthy and that coupled with the ambience made our evening really worth it! Shiva really knows how to deliver the experience of fine dining!

Thank you!

Hyderabad, India
“One of the best Pathar ka Ghoshs'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Dakshin is easily one of the best restaurants in Hyderabad. The food there is simply amazing. The staff is very kind and the service is brilliant. The ambiance surpasses the standards of any five star hotels in town.
The service is very timely and the captain (Shiva) there is an asset to the restaurant not to forget the chefs, who dish out some truly magnificent dishes.
I highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hyderabad, India
“Excellent dishes and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The restaurant is well decorated and good ambiance that suits south Indian culture. The menu is very elaborate and the dishes are very well presented and tasty. It serves up pure South Indian delights with a smile, I was looking for a good Indian meal (actually freshly prepared, not something that had been in a pot for hours) and Dakshin delivered. I had a non-veg thali. Good food and service, staff here is very warmth, friendly i met a guy who welcomed me with smile name (was pronouncing like Shiva or related). It is best south Indian restaurant in city with very authentic ambience must dine once.

• Visited December 2012