“Overall a very nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Golkonda Resorts & Spa

You added The Golkonda Resorts & Spa to your Saves list
The Golkonda Resorts & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sagar Mahal Complex, Gandipet | Gandipet, Hyderabad 500075, India   |
Ranked #35 of 274 Hotels in Hyderabad
Sehore, India
“Overall a very nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We checked in and stayed for 5 nights. The resort is great, clean and close to Hitech City. There is only one restaurant/coffee shop next to the pool. Peaceful place, the puppet show and Rajasthani artists did a great job. I would highly recommend staying at Golkonda Resorts, it is clean and classy, the rooms were great for what you pay for and there is decent food and spread for meals. Stay at Golkonda is perfect for anyone really, couples, singles, young and old. The spa was divine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GolkondaResort, General Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings...!

This has reference the feedback of your previous stay at Golkonda Resorts. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back

Harpreet Vohra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
bhopal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really liked my stay at The Golkonda Resorts, its close proximity to Gachibowli and serene environment is worth a visit. The resort has increased a lot of cultural and sporting activities which was a pleasant surprise, my son had a great time riding on a horse and me on a bicycle. Great service and very good food. I enjoyed my stay over the weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings...!

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our Resort. We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better

We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home in Hyderabad.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

On Feb 4th, by mistake me and a friend tried to enter this property for a short business lunch. We were stopped at the gate and asked to get an entry pass, without which we cannot enter the property and enjoy the facilities. We said, we are not interested in the facilities and only for a sandwitch. We are told that we can buy a voucher for Rs.500 each, which can be used to pay for our food in the restaurent. We bought 2 vouchers paying Rs.1000. When we went to the restaurent, we are the only ones there and a business conference crowd was gathered around us. As we were not comfortable to have our food in the middle of the crowd alone, we left the place and asked for refund.

We were denied refund saying that these vouchers are non-refundable and we have to come back for the money if anyone else buys them and use it. We left the vouchers with the manager and left. When I went back to collect the money on 8th Feb, we were told that they did not sell them and gave our vouchers back.

When we tried to redeem the vouchers, we were refused, saying that the vouchers should be used on the same day. Nothing of that sort is printed on the vouchers and we realized that we were scammed for Rs.1000 by this organization which runs this scam in the name of a resort.

All of you please be aware of this scam and make sure that you do not buy any entry passes into this resort, where a Soup costs Rs.200 and a half plate chicken Biryan costs Rs.450 and you have to pay 25% taxes and 20 % tip to the waiters, ultimately ending up with handing over your wallet and ATM cards to these scammers.

Room Tip: Just avoid this property altogether. It is just not worth it. You will be better off visiting Pragat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GolkondaResort, General Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent visit at the Golkonda Resorts & Spa Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments regarding the incorrect information given to you by the hotel staff pertaining to the entry coupon. I would like to apologize for inconvenience caused to you due to this. We do take great care that our esteemed guest don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I would like to assure you that matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department head and necessary amends have been made to avoid the reoccurrence of such incident.

I sincerely hope that you will treat this incident in isolation and it will not deter you from using us again. I urge you to contact my college Ankit on 9951887878 and do come over to the resort to avail the facility worth the coupon money.

I thank you once again, for your valuable time and consideration. Assuring you of the best of attention and service at all times.

Warm regards,

Hyderabad, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I along with my wife and a few friends decided to spend the new year eve at this resort and took the Duplex villa for 2 nights. I do not want to comment on how much we spent for the accommodation (which was double the tariff on a normal day) because we were ready to spend that kind of money for the new year celebrations. All we wanted was a peaceful getaway, where friends (including the ones travelling from Germany) could spend some time together. We also made a booking by paying 10K way in advance to ensure that there was no last minute running around and booking hassles. Unfortunately, we were welcomed with an accommodation that was filthy in every manner. The small private garden that was supposed to be our venue for the 31st night was filled with filth, dry leaves, tables with crow droppings and chairs with soiled cushions. We had to call for house keeping (twice) to ensure they cleaned up the place. Lucky for us, the rooms were quite clean and homely. But, this was only the beginning. One my German friends noticed that the room on the first floor had a constant shriek coming from something that sounded like a rat or a squirrel crawling somewhere near the roof line of the room. House keeping was called again and this time they were efficient enough to come quickly. Not daring to go up there ourselves we left the job to be taken care by the efficient staff who came back down and told us that "it" was taken care of. We went for our lunch, which was not a lavish spread but enough to fill our appetite. Only did we realize then that a bottle of water costed Rs.75. Anyways, we made the best of the new year eve with room service from a waiter who took Rs. 200 as tip and never showed up again and a buffet that was a part of our package but, located a mile away from the room. Well the group obviously wanted to have a hot cup of masala chai the next morning. The seeds for next rip off were planted. Rs. 150 odd for a cup of masala chai! We did hope it was delicious or made from the leaves found in the mountains far far away, at that cost! After relaxing a while we realized that the shrieks from above (rat or squirrel) started getting louder. On enquiring, our efficient staff told us that they had strategically placed 2 glue plates that would instantly trap the rodent on it and it would be impossible for it to escape thereafter unless it ripped it’s skin. Ouch!! We were a little more humane and hence asked them to immediately remove those plates before we became responsible for maybe a squirrel’s death. Well, not long before the house keeping left we had to call for them again because there was no hot water running in the taps or shower. There was an instant solution though… “no problem saar…We’ll switch on the boiler and you’ll have hot water running in 10 minutes!” We started to wonder if it really was a star resort that we were in now. Finally not dwelling too much into the second night, our last day at the resort was just the icing on the cake. The Toilet flush stopped working! Housekeeping came, saw and said all clear saar! Nope, it definitely was not clear after he left and we struggled to even venture into the toilet again. Anyways, bill time now. Our friends at the reception gave us a shocker of a bill! Luckily the inquisitive me decided to go through the detailed bills before paying up blindly. Wow, they forgot (not to mention that they even refused that we did) to deduct the advance that we had paid initially! On further checking, we realized that we were even asked to pay bills for the coffees and the water our neighbors drank. You must have noted that they would not have summed up to a small amount for us to have forgotten. After a little fight and tussle we managed to convince them that we were not going to pay for our neighbors and left the resort aghast of what had happened there.
Piece of advice…be careful and check your bills here before paying up. Definitely do not recommend this place to anyone with a budget and peaceful holiday in mind. I definitely will not go back there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GolkondaResort, General Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013

Greetings...!

I want to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to contact me regarding the problem you experienced while staying with us at Golkonda Resort & Spa. Not only does it give me the opportunity to address the issue, and find a way to fix the problem, it also demonstrates your desire for our Resort to improve in our service to you and all of our Guests. I truly welcome comments from our Guests, both positive and negative, because it is the only way I can learn what our Guests are experiencing when visiting our resort.

Let me offer my apologies for the situations you encountered. This is something that we try to avoid but, obviously, we sometimes fall short of the mark despite all our best efforts in satisfying the needs of every Guest. It is clear that we dropped the ball, so to speak, when taking care of your needs. This shows me that we have an area where further attention is required for the staff in providing our Guests with better service. Your situation is not something that happens on a regular basis and it was not handled as it should have been. I hope you can allow us the chance to improve in this area and stay with us again. Then let me know if we have indeed improved our service in your eyes. After all, it is the Guest's point of view that is most important to us.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing this situation to my attention.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. The Spa is fantastic and makes for a really relaxing stay. The rooms are absolutely beautiful.. they have a rotating table for the TV, so you can watch it from the bed as well as on the sofa. Sliding bathroom doors are impressive.

The only negative - they would not allow us a late check out. In a place as relaxing as this, its really an effort to be up and about and leaving by 12 pm!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GolkondaResort, General Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012

Greetings...!

Thank you for your excellent review. The team is excited at your fantasti feedback & I am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction.

We have made a note of your request for late check out. We allow late checck out bu it is only on availablity of the rooms, we certainly consider late check out request if rooms are available. I hope your will treat this incedent in isolation & not let it mar your overall experience about the resort.

Thank you once. It will be our distinct privilege to serve your in the future.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went to Golconda resorts for team excursion. The place in hardly 20 min drive from Hi Tech city area so not very far. From ORR sufficient signage are there to help reaching the resort. Next to Osman sagar lake , this resort is visible from some distance because of an upcoming tower top restaurant.
Coming to the resort, the nice points are:
- Very nice layout, nice landscaping
- Good place to play sport or just walk around
- Well maintained (no creaky sports equipments)
- Swimming pool is just beautiful
- courteous staff
Areas of improvement:
- Buffet spread is very limited

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings...!

This has reference to the feedback of your previous stay at Golkonda Resorts. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

We have made a note of your comments with regards to buffet spread. The only explanation that I have for it is that the restaurant does not have buffet on a daily basis, there are days when we have a fixed limited Table de Hot menu. Hence the spread is limited, going forward we will try to have buffet on a daily basis.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfotable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hey

We have been to Golkonda Resorts for a weekend.. We were 4 couples and had a gala time over there..

Best part of the resort was sports & games - Volley Ball, Cricket, Tennis, Squash etc.. Food was good but service was not up to the standards..

On the whole we had a good time and I surely recommend you guys to visit this resort...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GolkondaResort, General Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for the comments about our team and our hotel.

We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product.

I have made a note of your comments on the overall quality of services at the Restaurant, for which I shall brief the team and ensure that it is not repeated again.

Your generous comments will encourage us to do better

We look forward to welcoming you back at the resort.

Harpreet Vohra

Been to The Golkonda Resorts & Spa? Share your experiences!