“Perfect for a weekend getaway from the hustle bustle of cities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golkonda Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Golkonda Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Golkonda Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sagar Mahal Complex, Gandipet | Gandipet, Hyderabad 500075, India   |
Ranked #40 of 270 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai
“Perfect for a weekend getaway from the hustle bustle of cities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. The Spa is fantastic and makes for a really relaxing stay. The rooms are absolutely beautiful.. they have a rotating table for the TV, so you can watch it from the bed as well as on the sofa. Sliding bathroom doors are impressive.

The only negative - they would not allow us a late check out. In a place as relaxing as this, its really an effort to be up and about and leaving by 12 pm!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GolkondaResort, General Manager at Golkonda Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012

Greetings...!

Thank you for your excellent review. The team is excited at your fantasti feedback & I am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction.

We have made a note of your request for late check out. We allow late checck out bu it is only on availablity of the rooms, we certainly consider late check out request if rooms are available. I hope your will treat this incedent in isolation & not let it mar your overall experience about the resort.

Thank you once. It will be our distinct privilege to serve your in the future.

Harpreet Vohra.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went to Golconda resorts for team excursion. The place in hardly 20 min drive from Hi Tech city area so not very far. From ORR sufficient signage are there to help reaching the resort. Next to Osman sagar lake , this resort is visible from some distance because of an upcoming tower top restaurant.
Coming to the resort, the nice points are:
- Very nice layout, nice landscaping
- Good place to play sport or just walk around
- Well maintained (no creaky sports equipments)
- Swimming pool is just beautiful
- courteous staff
Areas of improvement:
- Buffet spread is very limited

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings...!

This has reference to the feedback of your previous stay at Golkonda Resorts. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

We have made a note of your comments with regards to buffet spread. The only explanation that I have for it is that the restaurant does not have buffet on a daily basis, there are days when we have a fixed limited Table de Hot menu. Hence the spread is limited, going forward we will try to have buffet on a daily basis.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfotable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Harpreet Vohra.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hey

We have been to Golkonda Resorts for a weekend.. We were 4 couples and had a gala time over there..

Best part of the resort was sports & games - Volley Ball, Cricket, Tennis, Squash etc.. Food was good but service was not up to the standards..

On the whole we had a good time and I surely recommend you guys to visit this resort...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GolkondaResort, General Manager at Golkonda Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for the comments about our team and our hotel.

We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product.

I have made a note of your comments on the overall quality of services at the Restaurant, for which I shall brief the team and ensure that it is not repeated again.

Your generous comments will encourage us to do better

We look forward to welcoming you back at the resort.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I visited last Saturday 27th Oct. After my car was parked I had to wait in the reception for almost 25-30 mins for them to confirm my ticket which I booked through Makemytrip. I booked a palm villa, but due to unavalability, they provided me a Greenwoods Villa. When I got in to my room, The bathroom door lock was broken. The wooden flooring was broken and damaged. The tea maker was broken. When I tried to make a cup of coffee, the milk spilled over. For a room which cost you 6500 for a night, you cannot expect a Sony 21 inch CRT TV. After about 5-6 hours, i found water beside my bed and over the bed table. It was water dripping from the Mitsubishi 1945 model AC which was set at 16 degree but for entire 24 hours I could never reach a temperature of even 23 degree. Its was a mood off. When thought of working out for some time at evening 7:45, the gym was closed. The incharge says that we close at 8 pm. I asked him to look at his watch and it was 7:45. I had to literally request him to open the gym and he opened it for 10 mins as if he had done a favor.

I would say Leonia or Aalankrita is a far better bet for weekends in terms of value for money and also the quality of stay. I had a bitter experience in Golkonda in terms of comfort and satisfaction.

Room Tip: Check the AC, tea maker, door locks, water leakages and flooring before accepting the room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had gone to this resort as our office outdoor trip for 2 days and must say was most memorable of all trips we ever had. We reached there just in time for lunch, and stayed up there for a night. Food (Lunch, Dinner, Tea and Breakfast) was good, although not so great. But best of all we enjoyed all the activities there - Swimming pool was the best! We spent close to 6 hours in the pool itself! We also njoyed the Volley ball. They have nets for playing Cricket and you have to buy the balls from them, how cheap! They also had cycles for you to roam around.

We stayed in the Room for a night but dint spend much time as we did a night over with our friends! Room were decent for a couple, but Bathrooms weren't in good shape.Leakages, non-working taps, broken floor, etc. TV was oddly placed towards the sofa while from the bed you can just see the TV's back! Room service was good though.

Overall it was a great experience even though there were some negatives, and it was solely because of the large party of colleagues we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Golkonda Resorts and Spa, Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments on the room & bathroom fixtures at the Resort. I would like to profusely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you upon your visit. We do take great care that our esteemed guest don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding and catering to the needs of the esteemed guests. We would like to know what we did right and where we went wrong? I would like to assure you that the matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department heads and necessary amends have been made to avoid the reoccurrence of such incidents.

Please may I request you to accept that is a deviation from our normal standards and request you to view this incident in isolation and not let it mar your impression of our Resort.

Thank you once again, for your valuable time and consideration. Assuring you of the best of attention and service at all times.

Sirsi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed there for 2 days, loved the ambiance, serenity, service and quality of food.....But what was really fascinating was the Angsana Spa, the magical hands of the Thai therapists..the entire experience was divine.....would recommend it to all...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GolkondaResort, General Manager at Golkonda Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Greetings..!!

This has reference the feedback of your previous stay at Golkonda Resorts. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out time to share your inputs and comments.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back

Secunderabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Staying in Pool Villa in this resort will be a real memorable stay... Taste and Quality of food is great. Supporting Staff. Full privacy in private pool and private lawn. Bathrooms are well equipped and great interiors..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our Resort. We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better

We look forward to welcoming you back at the resort.

Harpreet Vohra

Been to Golkonda Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!