“A good choice to Stay in Hyderabad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Deccan

You added Taj Deccan to your Saves list
Taj Deccan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road No. 1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034, India (Banjara Hills)   |
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Special Offer
Ranked #30 of 290 Hotels in Hyderabad
delhi
“A good choice to Stay in Hyderabad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hotel has well maintained rooms and few restaurants to choose if u stay here.

The lobby extends to a coffee shop that is ideal for short meetings or to spend some time before you can catch the next flight out of town.

Since hotel seems to hold parties and weddings every day. You would be well advised to ask for a room in the opposite side of party ground.

• Stayed November 2012

Hyderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to the restaurant with family to have a sumptuous dinner in a peaceful ambiance to celebrate my son's birthday. Our choice was not wrong and we truly had a great time. The staff were very friendly and offered excellent service. Staff offered a cake for my son as well. Its not the free gifts or money but the courtesy and attitude of the staff that matters. As always Taj is always Taj and is a standard.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank RajeevSarma
Namibia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The comfort and ambience offered by this hotel are superb, and combined with a very reasonable price, the value for money is excellent. In addition to the cavernous yet cozy main dining and breakfast area, with a Khoi pond to keep you mesmerized, there are two restaurants offering speciality Asian and Indian cuisine, all of excellent quality. The service is excellent, albeit perhaps overly attentive to Western travellers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Nashik, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a night as our company was organising a seminar in one of their banquet halls.

Firstly the good stuff. The staff is definitely Taj standards. Extremely courteous and very helpful. Really the only saving grace for this hotel. The dinner & breakfast buffet was also good. The arrangements for the conference were top notch too.

The rooms really let down this hotel. The decor is old. The rooms don't even have flat screen TVs. The lighting in the room was poor. The washroom was sufficient but you could see the age in the fittings. The bathroom amenities were very basic.

The real let downs were no free wifi, which you would expect for a room with such high tariff rates. The hotel taxi service is also extremely extremely expensive. A one way pick-up cost us Euro 60. A cab from the airport costs Euro 10. I booked the hotel taxi as I had some foreign guests, but it's just not worth it.

There are 2 other Taj hotels in walking vicinity. I am not sure of their standards, but this hotel surely did not live up to the enigma of Taj hotels.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Axi13
hyderabad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very basic hotel, not of Taj standards. Decor is outdated and unorganized. Buffet is average. Though the staff is courteous. This has a big kale in front and sad to see that it is not maintained at all. Lots of mosquitoes. It is located at a fantastic location in the heart of Hyderabad Banjara hills market.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank saurabhagra
United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We visited Taj Deccan for a dinner, and I must say this was the most substandard dinner I ever had in an acclaimed 5 star hotel. They had a buffet at around Rs.1300/person which had a decent spread lacking taste that you could savor to realize the taste of Taj. I am aware of 3-4 star hotels and even restaurants in Hyderabad that offer authentic indian/continental food that exceeds the taste as well as variety, way ahead than what Taj Deccan had to offer!

AMBIANCE is for sure the Taj style, no doubt very good!

SERVICE as expected, since was offered through well educated staff, no questions of indecency!

Food: Management truly needs to understand that, you never visit a restaurant just for ambiance and service. Food is what I was looking for and it really disappointed me. You name a dish , they had it all, but they surely lacked taste. I do not want to go in depth of describing about this but all in all a bad experience..not worth the Taj mark!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Prince_Parasher
Bugibba, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have just returned from a trip in India and The Taj Deccan was one of my hotels in which I stayed for five nights. A hotel I will never forget. The Taj first and foremost offers great security and safety to all its clients. The services offered are great in all respects and the location is very pleasant with malls in the vicinity some of which even in short walking distance. I was even welcomed with a complimentary gift of a beautiful pearl in a nice red rose box. How very original.
Every evening I dined at the Spice Junxion where they serve all Indian cuisine. Here the service and the staff were outstanding. The staff gave me the utmost attention and helped me out with the menu and supplying me with information about the Indian cuisine while letting me taste all the mouthwatering dips and spices prepared by The Taj Chef. The food here was superb, delicious, and exquisite. The same goes for the Arena restaurant where I had my breakfast every morning with lovely dishes of all types with loads of differents fresh fruit, nuts and so many different dishes to choose from complimented by the dedicated asssistance of the staff.
I would personally like to thank the diligent and excellent staff of both the Spice Junction and the Arena for making me feel so comfortable and so well looked after. At the Taj these members of staff made me feel at home and they were like a second family for me. They always welcomed me and even kept me company. The Chef even prepared certain food which I used to mention to the staff members at the Spice Junxion and which I never expected to find there waiting for me the next day.
The room was always so clean and tidy with a towel decoration of swans on my bed and flower petals on the bedside tables so wonderful and romantic
Thanks Taj I will never forget my stay with you. I hightly recommend this hotel to all those visiting Hyderabad for whatever the reason. I felt like a Queen and not a solo traveller thanks to all the staff at the Taj Deccan I will never forget this place

Room Tip: When selecting it is best to state wherther you want a smoking or non smoking room although the staf...