“disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre

You added Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre to your Saves list
Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tank Bund Road | Opposite Hussain Sagar Lake, Hyderabad 500 080, India   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #30 of 280 Hotels in Hyderabad
Camberley, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

its a very strange hotel; and overall i didnt enjoyed the stay;
its definitely not a 5 star; the staff needs polishing and need complete makeover; disappointed and would not stay again;
I heard there are better places to live than this one...like taj

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Mr Umesh J,

At the outset I regret that your experience at the Marriott has not been up to your liking. As a hotel we are committed to delivering an unparalleled hospitality experience and I assure you this is an isolated incident. I have shared your candid feedback with the concerned teams to ensure necessary action is taken. Trainings for our associates is an ongoing process and I will ensure that we focus more on it. I hope you would treat this incident in isolation and give us another opportunity to showcase our signature hospitality on your next visit to city.

Sharad Datta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Awesome experiance with my frnds, we had a great time.... Frm now wen ever we want to spent time with my frnds we prefer the marriott hotel,here we can hav tasty food.bevearges.swiming pool etc.. Its been wonderful experiance

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mr Ananthojubalakrishna,

I am pleased to hear that you have had a memorable stay. At Marriott, our effort is to ensure that we make every minute delightful for our guests. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed there for 3 days starting 01st may 2015. There were several things missing in there which should not be the case in such a classy hotel

1. Mini bar missing. When asked for it they had no answer
2. The hand shower was broken with no pipe attached
3. Swimming pool was too small as compared to the hotel size.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Prashant J,

At the outset I regret that your experience is not up to your liking. At Marriott guest satisfaction is a priority second to none, please be assured that I have made a note of your feedback and have shared it with the concerned departments. We will ensure that incidents that such incidents do not occur in the future. I hope you would treat this incident in isolation and give us another opportunity to showcase our signature Marriott experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed for almost 3 months and really felt like home. Really appreciate the hospitality of the staff. Before coming to Hyderabad i have been told that its famous for its food and Yess!! Its 100% true..Food served at Okra and Momo cafe is simply awesome...Thanks to Marriott staff Chef Hemlal,Guru,Naresh Deepak Abhishek Mushra from Sales team for their super service. Best place in Hyderabad to stay and hangout!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Mr SamanpreetS,

I am pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful stay. At Marriott our effort is to ensure that each of our guest needs are met with and that we provide a sense of belonging while they are away. I hope you had the opportunity to indulge in authentic Hyderabadi fare at Bidri, our specialty restaurant during your stay. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service. I have shared your feedback with my team and they are thrilled to hear from you.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were organising an event in this property & what an experience it was! To say that we were impressed with the place is an understatement - be it the food, the service, everything was absolutely superb. Marriott just exceeded our expectations!
Staff was very helpful especially Mr. Praveen & his team. Would love to visit Marriott again, but for a vacation not work :)

Room Tip: Great views, centrally located.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Ms AnitaS89,

I am pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful stay. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service. At Marriott, we are committed to delivering an unparalleled hospitality experience and my team and I are thrilled to hear such positive feedback from you. I have shared your feedback with Praveen and his team and they are delighted to know that they helped make this event memorable for you. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a very nice experience with my family at okra, marriott hyderabad, i went to celebrate my mom and dad's anniversary which was memorable.Staff i guess Caoline was very courteous and the manager Dinesh Kumar helped me to assign the table as well as very friendly too i visited many hotel of Hyderabad but i guess this is the best.. Keep it up !!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mr Mayurs240,

At the outset, a very happy anniversary to your parents from the team at Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you have had a delightful experience. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service, I have shared your feedback with Caroline and Dinesh and they are pleased to hear from you. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

San Antonio TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is located right on the Hussain Sagar lake in central Hyderabad. In fact, one of the two draining areas of the lake is right beside the hotel. The lake is currently being drained in an astonishing attempt to clean up the pollution and then refill the lake. The papers indicate that this is the largest attempt to drain a lake ever. Which makes staying at the hotel a bit problematic for the next year or so as there is an algae smell which sometimes is evident outside and inside the hotel as they drain the lake.

Service was excellent, at the front desk, at the lounge and restaurant, and in the housekeeping staff. They really, really try hard and it makes for a nice stay.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. The buffet and live station choices were very good. The manager made me a special Indian tea that day (not masala but something else) which was very nice. Drinks in the lounge were good and the snack options good.

My room was good sized and perfectly clean. Where the hotel needs focus is on updating the rooms. The furnishings in the room are very dated (like twenty years plus dated). The doors slam loudly when shut, the wardrobe doors do as well and are misaligned so that I had to lift one to close it properly, and other furniture is just too large and dated for the room.

Should the lake draining be successful and Hussain Sagar cleaned up and should the hotel update it's rooms, I'd be glad to stay here again. Until then, probably not.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Mr Tim S,

I am pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful stay and have enjoyed the hospitality and service. At Marriott, guest satisfaction is a priority second to none and we are committed to delivering an unparalleled hospitality experience. Thank you for commending the food offerings at our restaurants, our team of chefs are happy to hear that you have enjoyed every bit of it. The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority is working on beautifying the lake and will soon have the project completed. I hope you would give us another opportunity to showcase our world renowned hospitality and service.

Sharad Datta

Been to Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!