“Worth it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 268 hotels in Hyderabad
Delhi
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

stayed in the Hotel on a business trip. The view from the 7th floor Lake facing room was refreshing till you looked down and stared on a drain.( I guess the management can not do much about it). the staff is courteous and very helpful. The lay out for breakfast included in the package can spoil any one!!
Have had dinn.er in the restaurant on a previous visit and the food was excellent

Room Tip: Look for a lake side room as high as possible!

459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Not a quite Marriott experience.

Décor & upkeep significant upgrade. Room key-cards never opened the rooms first time, had to be replaced twice in just an overnight stay. Upon check-in, it was insisted that I take up a twin bed room, which I declined and was provided a non-lake facing room. Not a problem as such for me. Adjacent to me, another gentleman who was checking in was having serious argument on why he should be forced to take a twin bed room while he was a solo guest. A staff accompanied me to the room (along with my baggage) and the key card would not open the door. So I had to wait there while the staffer went down to the front-office and got another access card, which also did not work initially. All this at close to mid-night.

The next day upon return to my room after breakfast, again the card would not open the door. So I had to go to the front office and get this changed.

Breakfast was the only meal I had, which was adequate & decent spread. However one of the chefs was too pushy, insisting multiple times that I must have a certain juice and even pointing out to me that the watermelon juice I asked for was lowly-placed vis a vis his suggestions. While his suggestion was fine, the over-aggressive way in which he made his point was not necessary.

My Marriott Rewards membership was also not recognized here. I was asked if I had stayed in this specific property before which was strange. I have stayed in other Marriott properties in India and everywhere the profile & membership number is automatically tagged with the reservations. In case it is not done, upon check in that is done when the customer either provides the number or his/her email ID or any such ID which is linked to Marriott Rewards.

Room Tip: Lake facing
Secunderabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good maintenance and buffet break fast is very good. If we upgrade our room to executive category, then access to lounge is permitted, where we can have coffee, tea and beverages from morning to evening and from evening to night 9:30 snack and alcoholic drinks are served. I suggest to opt this upgrade.

Room Tip: Opt for Lake View Room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights when i went for my friend's marriage.
It was more in sense for an accommodation rather than an relaxing experience. The place where the hotel is build, well, you may not actually like it. But inside of the hotel is quite good.

Room was amazing.. Comfortable bed with nice lighting in room..
Staff was helpful, knowledgeable and prompt in service to make your stay more comfortable...
View from our room was... uhhh... quite bad... cant describe...!! Thank god room dint have a balcony.
I guess rooms on higher floor overlooking the Hussain Sagar Lake would be good.

Restaurants are actually fine.. No doubt they are pricey... you should be going in there primarily for an experience rather than filling the stomach...

It was good to stay there but nothing extraordinary i can say about this hotel. It was more or less like a usual 4/5 * hotel.

Room Tip: Take room on higher floor overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I will start my review by saying that the two important things to me in a hotel are the gym and a comfortable bed. The bed is fine in this hotel. It's an older hotel so the rooms seem kind of dark - lots of dark wood. My bathroom tub/shower did not drain well. There was a leak in the bathroom sink that puddled on the wooden shelf below the sink.

The hotel is about a 45 minute ride from a lot of the high tech office buildings so the location for me was not great.

The biggest reason I'm giving them an average rating is because the gym in the hotel needs some work/management. Two of the cardio machines were out of order - there were several others though so there was never a wait. I went in around 5:30 am and there was no air conditioning even though I had asked what time the gym opened and they assured me there would not be a problem. I even called down once I got there and they told me they would turn the air on. I never felt any air moving until 6:30 am. Once I finished the workout, I complained to the front desk manager. He apologized and asked me when I would be working out the next day. He assured me the air would be on when I got there. Next day…same thing…air didn't turn on until 6:30 am. It was like a sauna in there. The same thing happened in this hotel a year ago when I stayed there so for that reason I probably won't stay there again.

I will add that their breakfast buffet is really good! Fresh made omelette to order and lots of other choices.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Ms. CarolE,
At the outset I regret that your experience at the Marriott has not been up to your liking. The beds at our hotel are Marriott’s signature brand “Revive’ which emphasizes on supreme comfort. I have taken into account all the feedback you have shared and discussed it with my engineering team to ensure that such incidents are not repeated. However I would like to inform you on discussing with my team, it has been confirmed that on both days, after you had advised for air conditioning to be switched on, it was done, unfortunately it takes a while for the air con to get reach its optimum cooling temperature and hence you felt that way. Please be assured that I have made a note of your feedback and have briefed the team about the same. As for the gym equipment, as part of our routine maintenance process, we had to keep it from using. But I hope your workout routine was refreshing with our array of gym equipment. I hope you would treat this incident in isolation and give us another opportunity in the future to showcase our signature hospitality and service that we are renowned for.

Warm Regards,
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Convention Centre is very good with excellent acoustics & ambiance. The hall is huge and single span. Excellen for conventions, conferences, weddings, etc. But the food was very bad. the chicken dishes were very tough, and the dessert was too sweet. only the bhoona gosht was edible. I cannot understand why these hotels - 5stars even offer dinner spoon with desserts as if we are supposed to gulp down the sweet too!! on top of all these, they has a red light on - maybe for insects, but could not see what we were eating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Ms Bose,
I am pleased to hear that your event at the convention centre was successful. Please be assured I have made a note of your feedback on the food and have shared it with my team. At Marriott we are known to take special care to ensure that every aspect of event is well executed. All elements of décor and lighting are planned in consultation with the event organizers and are tested before. I hope you would choose to stay with the Marriott on your next visit, I look forward to welcome you.

Warm Regards
guntur India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The CODE 2014 was organized here with 400 participants and was a great success. the stay was comfortable , the reception courteous, the room spacious and well kept. The cocktail bar arranged at the convention hall was good and Ashish prepared the cocktails which blended well and was tasty.

Room Tip: nothing in particular
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr Asrgt12
I am pleased to hear that you and the team have had a wonderful stay and that the conference too went successfully. At Marriott, our effort is to ensure that all our guest’s needs are met with and that they experience the hospitality that we are renowned world over. Thank you for commending on our rooms and hospitality, I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

Warm Regards,
Sharad Datta

Been to Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!