“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8-2-409, Rd No. 6 | Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034, India   |
Ranked #27 of 274 Hotels in Hyderabad
Faridabad, India
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I think it's the best hotel of hyderabad, they have huge room...luxuries bathroom with rain shower.Nice breakfast, Awesome staff, helping till whatever extent they can.Food tastes so good.5 mins walk to GVK mall, Banjara hills. Located centrally. Perfect stay

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NishanSilva, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We take this opportunity to thank you for checking in at our hotel and letting us know about your stay experience.

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills strives to be the upper upscale hospitality in Hyderabad. We provide a wide range of amenities in the form of well-accommodated rooms, spa, business centre, recreational options, in-house restaurants and other facilities.

We are glad that you found our rooms as well as other services up to the mark and had a stay par excellence. It gives us immense pleasure to receive appreciation for our endeavors in trying to serve you.

We thank you again for your patronage and review. It was a privilege to have you at our hotel and we are eagerly looking forward to welcome you back.

Nishan Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed a night at the Radisson Blu Hyderabad recently. Although i checked in pretty late around midnight, the procedure was quick and smooth. No complaints there. The room was extra spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast next day was really good... something iv come to expect from all Carlson properties.
The only problem that i could highlight was with the housekeeping. Small niggles such as waiting for my luggage to be brought to the room post checking in at midnight for almost 20 mins when i just wanted to change and crash. Also to my surprise, they donot provide a shoe shine in the room, and was told someone from housekeeping would come and clean the shoes for me... which again took 15 mins ... and thus ate into my breakfast time... as i was running on a schedule.

These are not big problems but small things that matter to guests and cost nothing to the hotel to take care of. Hope these would be sorted by the time i check in next.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for opting to stay at our hotel on your recent visit to Hyderabad and sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and found our services and facilities par excellence.

Radisson Blu Plaza strives to offer the best to the guests with our hospitable staff always ready on your call and with food of diverse choice to satisfy your taste buds.We endeavor to provide 100% satisfaction to our guests and highly regret the inconvenience faced by you on certain areas of our hospitality.

We appreciate that you brought these points forward and assure you a flawless stay in your next visit.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback. We eagerly await your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Was at Hyderabad for a conference, got a chance to stay at the Radisson Blu Plaza. Oddly located but easily accessible. But the piece the resistance is the LARGE LARGE rooms. The only complaint you could have would be that there's too much space! Service wise, one of the best managed properties that I have encountered. Very innovative team and many interesting initiatives to engage the guests. Overall an fantastic experience which gives you the confidence that the same is the norm rather than the exception. Kudos to the GM and his team for a superlative set up. The attention to detail from the operations team is indeed wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NishanSilva, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying at our hotel and encouraging the whole team with your response. We are encouraged to know that we could charm you with our impeccable service, hospitality and spacious rooms.

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills strives to cater to the needs of both business and leisure travelers with its convenient location, well-accommodated rooms, fitness centre, spa, business centre and a host of other facilities. With 100% guest satisfaction and ‘Yes I Can!’ philosophy as our prime motives, we are delighted to know that we were completely in sync with your expectations.

Once again, we thank you for your gratifying review. We hope you would visit us again for another pleasant sojourn.

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hotel is an about 45 min to one hour drive north of the airport. Of course depending on the traffic.

The location is somewhat off the mainroad, so no need to worry if the driver if using some small roads.

Rooms are large. Bathroom has a walk in shower and a bathtub. Water quantity is limited, but enough, although the temperature was not too warm, even when using the most hot selection of the dials.

Beds are comfortable.

Electric plugs take EU and of course Indian plugs. Outlets are next to the bed and desk.

Internet is fast, really good, but and this is a big but, the ping time, meaning the time that you get a response is very slow. Hence you may wait 15 seconds before the website is opening, but then it is opening very quickly. Skype, VPN and Facetime worked well. The internet was free. Don't know if it is always free or whether it was just part of my rate.

Breakfast was good, with plenty of choices. Bread was good. Even Nutella was available.
On the buffet they had no orange juice, later I learned that you can order on, but that unfortunately was on the day of my departure.

Floors in the room are made of laminate. Generally made the room a clean impression.

Next time, I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NishanSilva, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting to stay with us during your recent trip to Hyderabad and sharing your experience with us. We are glad to know that our services, facilities and overall layout of the property were at par with your expectations.

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you had a delighting dining experience at our Chill, our all day dining restaurant that serves a variety of beverages along with international as well as regional delicacies.Guest feedback goes a long way in strengthening our offerings and services. We have noted the concerns highlighted by you and assure you that corrective actions will be taken at the earliest possible.

Once again, thank you for your support and patronage. We would deem it a privilege to serve you again.

Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of the best hotels in Hyderabad for business travelers both from India and abroad. Had stayed here in June for a couple of days along with my colleague who was from abroad.
Good peaceful plays to rest after a days hard work. Good staff and good amenities. The break fast was excellent. Recommended for all business travelers.

Room Tip: Its a new hotel and not much to add.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NishanSilva, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting to stay with us on your recent trip to Hyderabad and for sharing your kind review here on TripAdvisor.

Our hotel offers various accommodation options amidst its plush and stylish ambiance which are perfect for every traveler. Besides relaxing in spacious accommodation, our patrons can opt to dine at multi-cuisine restaurant or unwind themselves at Bar 41.

We are delighted to receive your appreciation about the various facets of our hotel, staff and the services offered. We are proud to know that all our efforts to make this stay perfect for you, proved to be true to your expectations.

We express our gratitude once again for choosing to stay with us and for you kind words. We wait to welcome you again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Work brought me to Hyderabad. Frantically looked for hotels on the net as i had less than a week to book. Stayed for just over a week long.
I had looked through the reviews on tripadvisor of 92 hotels in hyderabad city before deciding on this hotel. Trust me, I am glad that I did make the right choice. This is India and I was not taking any chances or risks. Every hotel that I scrutinized had their respective pros and cons.

I'm sorry to say but my decision was based purely on the reviews of fellow foreigners and not Indian patrons. The reason being, I had first hand experience of seeing how the local patrons were so demanding and had treated the hotel staff really badly and rudely. I must say that the staff of this particular establishment are very well trained and well mannered. What I cannot comprehend is that why do some people who are from the slums, come to a chain like the radison and demand the world, just because they are in a 5 star property, their meal or stay probably being paid for by some company... I was truly shocked, appauled and really took pity on the staff, and humbled by the way the hotel staff handled some of these guests. We don't tolerate such behaviors of rude guests at other places like in Europe or the UK.

The first impression of this hotel via mail and telephone conversation was very good because I could understand their English. They were trained to cater to foreigners. I could hardly comprehend the reservation team of the other 12 hotels that I had personally called.

Prachet from reservations team, you were the main reason I ended up at this hotel. I felt welcome even before my arrival. Thanx man. Right from my airport pickup past 3 am in the morning, thru my entire stay up till departure, I felt very happy, comfortable and impressed.

I had Used the hotel transport on a daily basis for 8 days. Yes, as in any hotel transport the fare maybe 1.5 to 2 times greater than the regular cab, but hey if you can afford it, I strongly suggest to use the hotel drivers. They are reliable, friendly and very safe. No worries of delayed cabs, rough drivers, long detours and so on. If you stop somewhere to buy something, the driver will even follow you and act as a translator, makin sure you do not get cheated and they also always ensure your safety. Where can you get this kind of service... So to the travel desk staff, my dear friends Jagan, Samson and the drivers Derrick, Ghafur and Azam, and especially Ghauze, thank you so so much.

Front desk staff fantastic, needless to say more, Romil, Rohit, Chinna and Shradda, thank you all so much. You guys are the best. Not to forget Mr Pavan, the director of sales and marketing who managed to stop by and have a chat with me to ensure that all was well. That little gesture goes a long way.

Chill Coffee house was where we had most of our meals. Buffets at breakfast and dinner were fantastic, I really don't know why some people complain over petty matters. Life is not perfect, but trust me, I've been around and this is quite splendid, 5 star level indeed, catering both Indian and continental. Veer, Vivek, Kanaiya, Ramesh, Ranjan, Chandan, Sathya and all the rest thank you so much for your great warm care with a smile and thank you for taking good care of my parents at the restaurant while I was away at work. You guys have received fine training indeed. To the chefs Dawa and Manoj, thanx for going that extra mile to make the food served delicious. Also, the grab and run saved my life for many mornings... Brilliant idea.

The rooms are the biggest in hyderabad city,44sqmt, bathrooms big as well. Bed big and comfortable by European standards. 6 types of pillows to choose from. What more can you ask for, other than a good nights rest, comfort, good food and security. The air condition temperature can be controlled individually.

Yes, I did smell the unpleasant odor on the 4th floor, I was in one of the business class rooms as well, but hey the matter was rectified, and there was no smell whatsoever in the room. I believe we sleep in the room, and not in the corridors. I believe the stench on an average Indian street is what we call a stinking odor, not here.

I do not mean to side the hotel in anyway, but a job well done must be complimented and recognized. I strongly feel that the guests that had displeasures resulting in unpleasant reviews were one-off events and probably by chance, and is not the rule here. The reason I'm very strong in my review this time is because I came with a horrible expectation and lots of fears, this being India. But, instead i got the safety, security, peace of mind, comfort and greatest satisfaction and productivity in this visit, and i must say it was mainly due to my place of stay. Coming back to the hotel after a long day was like coming home. I looked forward to it.

I'm definitely coming back sooner than expected, this time for a holiday, and already have a couple of friends making their bookings very soon as well. All in all splendid stay, good value for money, highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NishanSilva, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for selecting us to stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills during your recent trip and for taking out the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to host you and the entire team is thrilled to receive your kind appreciation and detailed mention about Blu team during your stay.

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills is an extension of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel group which has a global footprint covering almost 81 countries and territories. From the iconic exteriors to the quality of services, from the dining facility to the management of the staff, we are an international brand catering to guests from all parts of the country and from around the world. Our focus lies in offering our patrons with 100% guest satisfaction and in Radisson Blu's Yes I Can! Philosophy. We are glad that all our services and amenities were in sync with your expectations and that you had a wonderful time.

One again we are overwhelmed with this lovely feedback and for your recommendation. The team here is ecstatic and would be delighted to serve you and your friends on your coming visits.

See you soon .

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let me start with few positives:

1) The hotel is situated in the heart of the city at Banjara Hills - one of the best locations in Hyderabad

2) Though I was booked in the lowest category - they upgraded me to Business Class - the room was very spacious - almost 1.5 x of a normal 5-star room in India. The room was also plush and well maintained.

3) The front office staff is cheerful, courteous and welcoming.

So, why just an average property:

1) The room had a terrible AC. Was running at 23.5-24 degrees whole night. Could not get good sleep had to change room midnight.

2) We had a conference for three days. After having a bad night sleep due to poor AC, had a tough day with AC literally blasting chilled air (what a dichotomy) and staff totally indifferent.

3) Food at banquet was terrible. Skeletal staff attending during buffet lunch. For Day 1, vegetables served had no gravy. The excuse given by staff - this is basis north Indian food. On Day 2 - same story, poor quality cottage cheese, no gravy and cauli-flowers as hard as rock. On Day 3, food improved - still far below 5-star standard.

4) General quality of staff at banquets not very good.

5) Ate breakfast a-la-carte at the restaurant both days. On Day 1, ordered a Dosa followed by a Cappucino. They billed both separately though they had an option to bill it as a combo. Despite pointing out on Day 1, same issue happened on Day 2. Guess they wanna maximise income, but good branded hotels do not run like this.

6) Last day, entire 4th floor was stinking like a sewerage and had to call front office to get air freshner spread.

Overall, hotel needs better management

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your recent stay at our business hotel in Hyderabad and for sharing your feedback. It is a pleasure to note that you liked the location of our hotel in the heart of city. The peaceful environ makes us a preferred option among business and leisure travelers. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with amenity for every need. Besides luxury accommodation, our guests can dine at multi-cuisine restaurants or unwind in the lounge.

We are disappointed to learn that you did not have a good experience as our other guests have had in the past. We have taken a note on your feedback about food quality, inappropriate temperature in the room followed by the service by the staff.
Your feedback is helpful in improving the standard of our services and we assure that this was a rarest occurrence and would not happen again. It gives us an opportunity to analyze the concerned areas and come up with best solutions.

Your appreciation of front office staff has been conveyed who looks forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you!

Best Regards
Nishan Silva

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills? Share your experiences!