“A budgeted 5 star hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Banjara Hyderabad

You added Taj Banjara Hyderabad to your Saves list
Taj Banjara Hyderabad
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road No.1 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034, India (Banjara Hills)   |
Ranked #50 of 274 Hotels in Hyderabad
New Delhi, India
“A budgeted 5 star hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

It seems this hotel has been taken over by Taj for those people who are willing to experience a 5 star hotel with low budget. A lot of time is being wasted in check in and breakfast was also not too good. Dont expect any kind of service in this hotel. They dont even clean your rooms unless you call them repeatedly. The only service they provide is room service because that is chargeable. Even I have seen the first property where in salon the hair dresser is not available, in spa massage people are not there and they ask you to go to other Taj property(Taj krishna) which is located opposite to this one, then why they have kept salon in banjara is a mystery to me. I dont understand how Taj can even think of hampering its brand name by operating such properties. I would say not a comfortable hotel to stay in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Antipolo City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Room was just the right size and the furnishing was tasteful. Had a good night sleep on a comfortable bed. Breakfast has a good selection. Service was great. Location is close to malls and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Taj Banjara, a old hotel in heart of Hyderabad. My stay was not bad. Nice food and hospitality. But the water front which was a lake once upon a time now seems to be a drainage. It stinks when you walk through. But smell does not come towards hotel side. Need urgent attention.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My Colleagues and I were in Hyderabad from 6th September to 10th September 2012 for a business tip.

We stayed at the Taj Banjara, the first five star hotel in Hyderabad. We were originally offered by the conference organiser to stay at Taj Deccan or Taj Krishna but due to our own procrastination in finalizing our travel arrangements, we had to settle for the chain at Banjara. But what a blessing in disguise, proving thatone do not always loose out being slow! True, Taj Banjara possess a less grandeur facade then its counterparts but it more than makes up in its cosy and unpretentious atmosphere. Staff are friendly and helpful but our stay would have been average if not for Chef Hari (who takes the helms at the Waterside Cafe, the Pastry Shop and the Kebab-E-Bahar) and the doorman (whom I forgot to ask for his name!).

Chef Hari can always be seen mingling with guest and chatting with them at length. Whilst most Chef would ask the usual “how’s the food” and depart in less than a minute or be selective whom they chat at length with, Chef Hari is sociable and always seem sincere about getting to know most of his guests. The ambience at Kebab-E-Bahar, a north-Indian restaurant that serve only dinner, is an open air setting surrounded by greenery and over looks Banjara Lake. The food was of top quality. Chef Hari was patient in making his recommendation and eagerly customized the preparations to my preferences. But I give him top marks for his initiatives. Being a chilli fanatic, I had requested on both occasions I patronized the restaurant to have an indecent amount chilli to be added to my orders. Even though Chef Hari readily agreed, the dishes served to me was much less spicy than I had expected but I was glad he did not follow my request blindly as I realised that my request would have spoiled the otherwise delicate cuisines. The spices were robust but not over-bearing and even the vegetarians dishes which my colleagues order were heavenly to a meat devotee like me. The texture of the lamb dish I order was so delicate that the meat came off the bones easily at the touch of my knife!

The doorman made every guests feel important with his salute. He had no air about him and his pairs of eyes communicates a sincere soul beneath his uniform. A regular gentleman who went about his occupation in a dignified manner. Him and Chef Hari are, to me, the gem of Taj Banjara.

Ofcourse nothing is perfect and Taj Banjara is not without its flaws. I have already provided my feedbacks to the management that they need to upgrade the aged in-room CRT televisions. The television reception was erratic. The road from the main road to the hotel entrance was also pitch dark at night and street lightings need to be installed for safety reason. A five star hotel also deserves a well-lighted road leading to it. Finally the whiffy lake next to the hotel needs to be cleaned up and exploited such as offering water related activities.

Just these three improvements will come a long way in making Taj Banjara a top choice amongst visitors to Hyderabad. In any case, this is a hotel I would not hesitate to return to.

More about our trip to Hyderabad here: http://bit.ly/Ssg1HO

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Taj Banjara is located on a man-made lake in the centre of Hyderabad. The rooms are lovely (very modern) and we had a spectacular view - the monsoon rains that swept in one night just made the city more romantic. We had two dinners at the Waterside Cafe - the first an excellent Indian buffet, and the other a steak dinner comparable to fine dining in the west (yes, I felt bad for eating cow in India but it was my first beef in 7 weeks). I only wish we had had more time to visit the Kabab E Bahar restaurant as the decor and location was perfection. We enjoyed reading our newspapers in the early morning outside with a view of the lake. The jewellery shop on location (Krishna Pearls) was reasonable and provided excellent service. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: A view overlooking the lake is a must.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've been to Hyderabad many times but stayed here for the first time as we were looking for a cheap deal. The room was average, the bathroom was clean and the shower head was good. The service was also not bad. The chai shop was really good, breakfast was also good, and the pool side was breezy and calm. There was however a big mess up with the driver that we hired, we specifically told the Concierge where we wanted to go, and he told the driver, however when we got to the area the driver did not know the place! We searched for the place for 30 minutes finally we got down and made someone pick us up. Hence we did not pay the driver as we were not dropped to the Destination. Overall if you are looking for a good deal then this hotel is good, but if you are willing to pay a few extra bucks then stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor are good!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

stayed there for a good 3 days.. great hotel.. good rooms.. nice place.. centrally located... but but but.. the lake outside the hotel.. needs complete cleaning..the smell burns the hair of your nose.. be careful before opening the sliding doors...

this is the most centrally located.. so you would not have a problem..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake give a good view.. the only problem is the smell.. !!! so be vigilant about it...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Taj Banjara Hyderabad? Share your experiences!