“20 out of 10 - excellent hospitality and staff” 5 of 5 stars

3rd night free !
Ranked #10 of 279 Hotels in Hyderabad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“20 out of 10 - excellent hospitality and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is probably one of the best experiences so far... the property is nice, elegant decor, artwork that draw inspiration from Kakatiya dynasty... but its the staff which make the staff worthwhile. Reception desk is strange - could have been little bigger and more grand. Anyways, the check in and check out was very quick.

Rooms are excellent - everything from bed, mattress, pillows, toiletries, towels etc...
Room service and Laundry - excellent, quick and immaculate. I had 4 pieces of laundry as part of my package which was nice.

Bathroom - something wrong with the shower door and by the time I came out of the shower and realised, there was water all over the floor.

Fruit platter - well.. not exactly a platter, an apple and small bunch of grapes but the grapes were not fresh, wrinkled, old and malnourished. Not expected from this place.

Internet - part of the room package and very good speed and connectivity.

Drink and Dine: Enjoyed complementary drinks at Marco Polo Bar as part of my package. The staff were very attentive and kept the wine pouring. Also, got me some fish snacks which I politely refused as I was looking forward to the dinner at Dakshin. A special mention for staff - Anjaneyulu who took good care of me and even booked a table for me at Dakshin for Dinner.

Dined at Dakshin Restaurant - I recommend Veinchina Mamsam which went well with Veechu Parathas. Well... one of the best staff members I have come across at any hotel - ANTHONY. He recommended the right dishes, was very attentive to our needs. He just overheard us talking about our love for curd, and before we realized we had curd on our table.

Gymnasium - small set up but decent. I spent an hour in the gym and not even once there was an attendant who came by to check or see. There was only 1 apple in the fruit bowl. The tread mill seems to be an old one... the TV screen on the tread mill gave me such a tough time as the channels would not change easily and you have to press 10 times to change a channel or volume. I probably burnt more calories struggling with the screen than running on the machine.

Swimming Pool - after the gym, I headed to the pool at exactly 7 am when it is supposed to open. The pool was short of water and in no position to be open on time. I was disappointed.

Breakfast at Deccan Pavilion- well laid out, elaborate and great variety. Keep it up.

2 of the staff came to see me off till I left in my cab and that was really thoughtful and nice on their part. I would love to come back and stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone and anytime without second thoughts.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, November 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Navi Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My firstever stay in this Hotel,though I stayed in many hotels in Hyderabad.My first impression at the entry point was not really exciting.An observation that the conceirge were after impressing the travellers from outside the country ,made me to feel that I was not noticed .Secondly because of the same reason,it took few more minutes to trace out our second baggage after sceening.Thirdly,I got the baggage to my room only after reminder.Fourth reason I will give little later after positive observation.The checkin process was very faster and smooth though the group of foreign travellers were still there.But I really didnot appreciate the layout of Reception counter in such a spacious Lobby.They could have planned an excellent,bigger and attractive Reception counter/Desk.Lobby of the hotel is very good.We went on our own to our room after collecting the room keys.Room is very clean.Reasonably bigger.Our room was facing Swimming pool.It was a nice feeling.Surprisingly,the amenities were not commesurate with the double occupany .We could observe certainly negligence on the supervision of Housekeeping.I brought this to the notice of front desk.The amenities include only one water glass,one coffee cup,one soap,one Tea Sachet,one set of tooth brush/paste etc.,It was really shocking.But let me admit with appreciation the issue has been attended with immediate care and speed.Very good and appreciate.Inroom Dininin was very very pleasea on the first night and pleasant on second day.Break fast is served in a very spacious Hall which has very good decor and ambience.We loved it.Staff are very caring.We enjoyed our delicious breakfast.We didnot have much time to explore and enjoy other facilities of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Higher Floor with Pool facing or City facing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to stay 3 nights at this great hotel while i was at hyderabad to attend a conference.The entire ambience of the hotel is very relaxing,comfortable,luxury being offered but without showing pretense or overwhelming you.
The room in the tower was a standard room as far as 5 star hotels go-with all the bells and whistles- but the difference was in the friendly yet non interfering nature of the staff and each and every personal request was fulfilled immediately.
The hotelhas 3 restaurants-kebab and kurry,Deccan Pavilion and Dakshin.
I had 2 meals at Dakshin(my wife who had joined me for the last day was very impressed with Dakshin) and would recommend this highly for the entire experience.
The buffet dinner at Deccan pavilion was very impressive especially the hyderabadi dum muttom biryani.
Evening happy hours at Marco Polo Bar offerred a nice quiet and relaxing way to spend the evening with live music and drinks and snacks
The only disquieting incidence which sort of detracted from overall joy of stay was when the guard at the entrance gate accidently (though a bit carelessly) lowered the barricade while i was crossing it to take a early morning wallk to hussain sager lake( which is nearby) and i suffered bad cut /laceration in my skull.I did not escalate the matter and make it ugly and being adoctor i managed to take steps to control the bleeding and pain.What dismayed and dissapointed me was that no one senior from the management met me to offer at the least their apologies at the unfortunate incident involving a guest.This point was put across by me at time of check out.
In addition their were some other issues like -exorbitant internet charges( unacceptable in todays day and age) and some confusion about charges at and after check out.
I also utilsed their Spa with a kaya kalap massage which was good.
Inspite of some unpleasant incidents ( which i hope the management takes cognizence of) i would recommend this hotel for stay in Hyderabad

Room Tip: choose tower rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your observations and are addressing the same.We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

So different. Staff are really smiling and willing to help. Food is fresh and tasty. Chef Bharat is doing his best to satisfy any western need. Krishna. Abdul. Yadav. Salar. And Nanu are great waitressing. Room is allways clean thanx to Anuradha Pritee Naya. I will come back for more nights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, October 23, 2013

Giessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

have stayed now my 5th time within the last 3 years. The hotel is located in the center and is ca. 30-40 minutes away by taxi from the international airport. The hotel is very safe. It has a very nice outdoor pool area, a spa and a fitness center. Workout is nice, since you look towards the pool. Rooms are spaceous with all you need. Every day fresh fruits and free bottled water in the higher category. As a starwood preferred guest I got 6 free laundry coupons. Price is affordable for a 5-star hotel 9.400 INR/night (116 €) plus tax. Staff is very professional. Food is very good, has 2 restaurants, the south indian is the best. Can only recommend.

chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

it was nice staying in kakatiya, it was a reunion with my family and i felt it was good and lucky at ur place. it went on well. i liked the ambiance and service provided by the staff . quality and taste of food was very good .

Room Tip: the rooms were good but for the cost value it should have ltl more luxury and big in size.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Foodies - here is a list of nearby restaurants if you are staying at the ITC Hyderbad and don't want to live off of hotel food:

I've stopped trying to post individual reviews for new restaurants because it's nearly impossible on TA.

Leave the hotel gate and take a left. About 100' on the same side of the street in a three story building you will find these three restaurants:
Mainland China - Chain buffett
Sigree - Chain buffett
Oh Calcutta - Chain ala carte "fine dining"

Of these three, we ate at "Oh Calcutta" and had several fish dishes. Of those, the "Fish Tikka" was exceptional. the Fish in Mustard curry was, well, very mustardy, but compelling. There was something like "braised vegetables" on the menu - exciting for India no? Well, no, they came over cooked in a green mustard curry - pass on those.

The "Aroma" restaurant is located on the opposite side of the street about a 4-5 minute walk further down (across the street a bit after you pass the Westside....be careful crossing the heavy traffic :).
Address:above Kalaniketan Wedding Mall, Rajv Gandi Cir Hyderabad

The restaurant is well signed and on the 4th floor. A doorman will direct you. We had some Paneer, Kabobs, Dal & Garlic Naan - all good and all worth a try (for foodies anyway) to see the different approaches to these basic dishes.

The BEST RESTAURANT we found in town - I assure you NOT on any internet restaurant list was the Hotel Shadab located at High Court Rd, Medina Circle, Hyderabad. tel 24561648. We got this from a taxi driver. It is located about 1 km south of the Charminaar monument, on the main road in...so you could marry a trip to this restaurant with a visit to the Mosque or the rest of the attractions in that area. Most taxi drivers in the area should know this restaurant.

Take the stairs up to the A/C restaurant. It opens for lunch @ 1300 and was 100% packed with well-heeled locals by 1345.

In brief, the best Chicken Tikka Kabobs I've ever had in my live and the best Biryani I've had in a dozen years. Hard traveled foodies should not miss this one.

Also, there is an ATM machine located outside the ITC, to the right, about 100 meters - same side of the street - just saying - enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to ITC Kakatiya? Share your experiences!