“Real Andhra Food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 1,519 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Voted best in Andhra Cuisine 4 years in a row since 2008 by Times Good Food, Rayalaseema Ruchulu is a must visit for locals and visitors alike in Hyderabad! Starting out in in 2004 RR has now branched into 4 outlets in different parts of Hyderabad. With Uttam Reddy at the helm of affairs this restaurant chain brings out the best in the traditional style of cooking of the magnificent Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh, India. All ingredients used at RR are fresh, handpicked and conform to the high standards that Uttam has set for these restaurants. Age old recipes are prepared under his keen watchful eye by a team of well trained and experienced chefs using traditional methods, select spices & herbs and the freshest produce available. With quality of food and service par excellence, RR is scoring high on celeb quotients. You are most likely to rub shoulders with celebrities and personalities from the film industry who are regulars here. Michelin starred Chef Vineet Bhatia on Fox traveler, Aditya Bal on Chak le and Aneesha Baig on NDTV have all come knocking on our doors to find out what makes us Tick!! So come and try our authentic Andhra Cuisine and we promise to take you on a gastronomic journey into the Rayalaseema Region that bound to come in for seconds !!We have four outlets i.e Jubilee Hills, Himayath Nagar, Ameerpet and Lakdi Ka Pul
Mumbai
“Real Andhra Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

A taste of awesome Andhra food,do try their speciality quail fry,rabbit& prawns with jowar roti, true value for money

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RRuchulu, Public Relations Manager at Rayalaseema Ruchulu, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed our various delicacies. Thank you for writing us a review !!

• Thai first
Toronto, Canada
“Real Andhra Food In Hyderabad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Mostly we can see nawabi, mughal kind of restaurants inside the main city, but this one is JEM of ANDHRA people.

Pros:
High Quality Foods
Delicious Varieties
Nice Atmosphere

Cons:
Too Spicy
Servers Doesn't know English

Visited August 2012
RRuchulu, Public Relations Manager at Rayalaseema Ruchulu, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Praveen, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. You can always ask the chef to tone down the levels of spice in the food. Overall we are glad you enjoyed your meal.
“Bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Food is not even average...it is so much below expectation that i am forced to write this review before i even finish my dinner

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
RRuchulu, Public Relations Manager at Rayalaseema Ruchulu, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Abhishek, We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food at all. Could you kindly tell us what went wrong so that we could take your review as constructive criticism. email us at rayalaseemaruchulu@gmail.com. Thank you.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Very good taste of Andhra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Visited this restaurant on my visit to Hyderabad. Really enjoyed the dinner. Food is spicy and portions are large. The staff is very courteous.

Visited December 2012
RRuchulu, Public Relations Manager at Rayalaseema Ruchulu, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank You for the Positive Feedback on our restaurant !! We really appreciate that you took the time out to write us a review. Hoping to see you again !!
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best places in Hyderabad to have traditional food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

On the evening of 24th October, three of my friends visited inorbit mall, it was a mad rush, it was crowded like something I never saw, we wanted to leave, we were looking around for a good restaurant to have dinner at. We were four and the majority voted for the nearest spot rather than travel far. I popped out my phone, used Zomato and RR (Rayala Seema Ruchulu) came up. Everyone agreed and we were there within a few minutes. We did not find the valet, so we parked the car road side of the hill.

We were quite early, at around 19:30, the restaurant had only 5-6 tables occupied. Even at this the service seemed rushed, we ordered soup and a couple of starters. I had asked for the napkin holder to be replenished as soon as I ordered, the person serving us, nodded to acknowledge me. The soup and starters arrived, The RR special chicken was a let down, its nothing boneless chicken fillets basted in heavy masala and deep fried. This was recommended by the person taking the order and even after asking for medium spicy, it brought tears to my eyes. The second was a Crispy Vegetables (vegetarian starter) and I did not taste it or pay much attention to it as I am seriously a pure non vegetarian. My friend who is a pure vegetarian and he seemed to quite like it. My favorite at RR is Jeera rice with Brain Fry, I actually ordered this as soon as I came but asked them to hold it as they normally have only one brain. Other ordered a Raagi Sangati with Natu Kodi and Vankaya Pulusu.

My Jeera rice arrived along with the Bheja fry(feel something weird when I keep writing Brain Fry), the Bheja fry was spectacular as I always knew it, the Jeera rice though was crispy. So crispy that it cracked when I ate it, just before I asked for a replacement, I served a spoon each to my friends and everyone confirmed that it was not freshly made or it must have been over fried. In the meanwhile, another of my friends joined us at the table and as he did not want to eat so he ordered a pepsi, I also did reminded him to bring over some serviettes. When asked about the Jeera rice, the waiter insisted I will have to talk to the person taking the orders and he would fetch him for me. It was a good seven minutes before the person turned up. As I explained and put a spoon of rice in his palm, he sort of squeezed it and confirmed it was hard and ordered a replacement. My Bheja fry had gone cold and its gross eating a cold Bheja. What followed was dramatic, the waiter came back with the rice and was speaking to the order taker at a distance, an argument followed, not that I knew what they were talking but I guessed something was not right. Eventually the waiter left the rice he was holding on the side and approached to tell me that the item ‘Jeera Rice’ will always be like that and he requested me to order a replacement. The order taker in the meanwhile stepped in and was suggesting alternate rice items, I was in a bit of a shock and just wanted anything to eat my wonderful Bheja with. I just asked them to bring my rice, which was laying uncovered on the side plank, I just ate two spoons and left the rest. No one seemed to mind that a customer was not eating what they had served.

The service was horrible, they guy who was taking the orders wouldn’t let us have our food in peace, he would come over every 2 minutes to ask what we needed next, at one point one of my friends replied by asking if the kitchen was going to close. The bill turned out to be 1900, we paid and left the place, My friends did like their items so they really did not have any issues. Oh and by the way, the serviettes (were given when they eventually brought the finger bowels over) and the pepsi my friend asked for never arrived.

Praise:

Authentic food options
Good traditional ambience

Criticism:

Lack of basic understanding of customer service
Customer satisfaction not a priority

This was a wonderful place to have some traditional food, I now believe the management has taken it for granted and are taking the customers for a ride, if they cannot replace a Jeera rice which the waiter and order taker both acknowledged that it was not right, what expectations can you have visiting this place?

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RRuchulu, Public Relations Manager at Rayalaseema Ruchulu, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
We deeply apologise for the let down in service. We shall take up the same with the management and rectify it. But thank you for taking the time to give us a review and feedback with which we can improve our service.