“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Daspalla Hotel

Save Saved
You added Daspalla Hotel to your Saves list
Daspalla Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road No. 37, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad 500033, India (Jubilee Hills)   |
Ranked #45 of 267 hotels in Hyderabad
Bangalore, India
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We tried to book two rooms (Superior) by sending mail as advised by Front Office Manager. But even after 24hours they didn't send any mail confirming our bookings. Ultimately a mail to GM complaining about the same put everything in place confirming our bookings by mail and SMS. A airport pick up service by an Indica taxi is INR 900 + taxes if it is arranged by the hotel. So we had a radio taxi from airport for only INR 710. The location of the hotel was very good so was the lobby. The people manning the reception were courteous and we were greeted with napkins and welcome drinks. The room (Superior) was INR 3800 inclusive of taxes. The room was large and nice. Bathroom was very small (because of that they used sliding door) with awful black marble at the floor. The wifi/net service was not available at my room (R.No.220) so they arranged a Tata USB modem. The bar was good but unreasonably very expensive (If you compare with the liquor served in the room). The food was not upto the mark (dinner) but complimentary breakfast was full of varieties and good. There was no sauna and parlour. Overall the hotel can be categorised as a 3 star one and not 4 star.

Room Tip: My room 220 was not having any net connection. So better to check it before occupying the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

, Front Office Manager at Daspalla Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Mr Samarji,

Namaste !

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We have noted your concern with regards to the delay in reservation process and with regards to the difference in rates of Bar and Room Service. We are also addressing on quality of food which is a rare complaint that we received for dinner. I am sanguine that, our dedicated team will put all efforts to address this issue for your comfort on your future visits.

With Regards

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is superb with the budget.Excellent taste of food and staff behaviour the way they care.Chicken masala in breakfast is ultimate what I had tasted there. View of outside is so nice in the morning and evening from room no.401. Interior of room is so attractive and comfort on bed is praiseworthy even washroom. Over all excellent experience..Good Luck.

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Daspalla Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at Daspalla Hyderabad.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I liked this nice and new hotel. In spite location is not so central, it iseasy to get everywhere by transport. And very near to airport - just 30 min by car. I visited Hyderabad International Convention Centre, wjich is just next to hotel (10 min walk).
Room was clean and spacious. There was free internet acess. Besides in hotel was a fitness centre and a very nice restaurant with astinishing view to Jubilee Hills.
My favourite thing there was a perfect buffet breakfast, which made my day energy and happy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Daspalla. The staff are really friendly and the service was excellent. The WiFi was free and sufficient, I only lost connection once or twice but other than that it was good. The Biotique products in the bathroom were a treat and the hotel room had everything I needed. There is no iron in the room but you can call housekeeping for an iron and they bring it to your door within seconds. There were many TV channels to choose from. The minibar was not stocked but there was always cold bottled water available (vital in the summer). The lounge area and restaurant were good places to host guests. I liked the fact that the entrance to the hotel is not directly on the main road. The entrance in monitored by security staff. The food at the restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. The housekeeping and laundry service was excellent. The only negative was that the pool area was not finished but there was not any information available about the construction process so that was a bit confusing. I know that there are some mixed reviews about this hotel, but this is an honest review, this is a great, safe and comfortable hotel and it is located close to all the main attractions in Hyderabad. I stayed here on a business trip and was within walking distance of my office.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
daspalla, Front Office Manager at Daspalla Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Carlyn Joy,

We have noted your concern with regards to the Pool area. I am sanguine that, our dedicated team will put all efforts to address this issue for your comfort on your future visits.

Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at the Daspalla Hotel in Hyderabad for a week while i was with a group. The hotel is really very good & at a very good location. Rooms are spacious & clean. Staff was very co-operative. WiFi was free of cost but signal strength was not good. Food was really delicious. All my guests were very happy with the hospitality & services of the hotel. Overall the experience was good.

Room Tip: Go For Premium Rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
daspalla, Front Office Manager at Daspalla Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2012

Daspalla Hyderabad
chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at the Daspalla Hotel in Hyderabad for a couple of days while on a business trip. The staff at reception was friendly but appeared to be somewhat inexperienced. The room I stayed in was spacious and the bed was comfortable. WiFi was free but the signal strength was poor. The storage space in the wardrobe was not adequate and there were not enough hangars for clothes. There was no iron either. The room had an LCD channel but it did not have BBC, CNN or any sports channels. The bathroom was of a decent size but the shower door did not close properly which led to water leaking outside the bath area. The towels provided were clean and fluffy. The buffet breakfast had quite a few options, both Indian and continental. I would have preferred more fruits and better tasting and fresher juices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Daspalla Hyderabad!

On behalf of staff and Management of Daspalla Hyderabad I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel on your recent visit to Hyderabad.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us to ensure your satisfaction and for us to perform even better. At the outset we regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that the concerned departments have been briefed to investigate these points and take corrective measures to set right them.

I am sanguine that, our dedicated team will put all efforts to address every possible comfort on your future visits.

Thank you and assuring you of our best service & attention at all times.

With warm regards

Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My booking was confirmed by a company. However at the time of check-out, the Hotel tried to keep me as a hostage for not having the records of that company in their records. When I offered to pay by myself, they refused to take that also, and insisted to being paid by the Company only, pursuant to which I had to arrange for Company to pay such amount. This was too embarrasing as well as a ridiculous situation.

My issues are:

1. If the Hotel did not had the records of the Company with them, then how did they accepted the booking?

2. When I was ready to pay the dues by myself, then why did they insisted for payments from the Company only, wasting on my time, and putting me in such an embarassing situation, where I have been treated like as a hostage, rather than being treated as a guest of the Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Daspalla Hyderabad!

Thank you and assuring you of our best service & attention at all times.

With warm regards

Front Office Manager

Been to Daspalla Hotel? Share your experiences!