“GOOD HOTEL IN HYDERABAD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royalton Hyderabad Abids

You added Royalton Hyderabad Abids to your Saves list
Royalton Hyderabad Abids
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5-9-208 Chirag Ali Lane | Abids, Hyderabad 500001, India (Formerly Mercure Hyderabad Abids) (Gunfoundry)   |
Ranked #30 of 280 Hotels in Hyderabad
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“GOOD HOTEL IN HYDERABAD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here for two nights during my recent trip there.Fully satisfied with all the facilities provided by them like food,room,service etc.Buffet breakfast and dinners were quite elaborate with many varieties of food,snacks and beverages.

Room Tip: Rooms near to elevator is good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hyderabad Abids, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Mercure Hyderabad Abids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Hi, I stayed here from 24-26 July in their so called Privelege room.
I checked n wish to have a cup of tea. There were no tea bags, no water kept in the room.
went to the gym in the basement, whhich do not have access through lift. The gym had no water, a dispensing machine without water, no towel. Lousy airconditioning too.
Returned to the room and did not find basic supplies- soap, shower gel morning. Went in for a shower and there were no set of towels. Called up the Guest services. The Manager, Piyush came in, showed remorse but I was too unhappy. Went to the breakfast next morning to find 70% of the place as 'Reserved'. There was morning of that sort but the staff were too lazy to serve in far off seatinhs. The hotel looked almost empty. The bakeries were of cheap quality, fruits quite raw, Pongal uncooked and the most shocking, they do not serve eggs. I was too bored to make a complain.
with Telangana, there are excellent choices of other brands which too have slashed prices. Go, opt for it.
Mercure hotel is an economy hotel from Accor and the treatment and facility is that of a roadside lodge. Avoid it!-Harish Balasubramanian, Mumbai

• Stayed June 2014
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hyderabad Abids, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Mr Balasubramanian

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Chennai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Landed here late at night , had to stay here overnight to catch a flight early next morning, took one hour in evening traffic to get to the hotel. Friendly reception, hotel location is in absolutely in centre of town - great if you have work in town, not so good if you are getting to airport early next morning! Rooms are large, with dressing room and nice large bathrooms. Beds are very comfortable and sleep quality is excellent. However I got the impression that there was a lot of wear & tear, I did not get the impression of freshness which I normally get in an Ibis hotel (I am a frequent traveller on Ibis hotels worldwide), but this is just my opinion, as I saw the hotel only for a few hours that night. Maintenance could be better. Lifts and reception area are shabby, not worthy of an Accor hotel.Room service was prompt. There was a wedding reception going on at the top floor, the tiny lifts were packed/jammed, the noise was horrible and was very evident in my room on the 3rd floor. The racket went on till late in the night.. Contrary to what some other reviews on TA said, there are in fact many non-veg items on the room service menu, it is not fully vegetarian as some reviews have stated. Surprisingly there was no bar, even though I did see a small bar (looked completely empty!) in the lobby, apparently they don't have a liquor licence, this is quite a glaring omission in a hotel of this standard. As I left very early in the morning i did not get a chance to taste the breakfast. Overall, a good value-for-money hotel, clean spacious rooms, central location, needs some improvement on maintenance, needs a bar, otherwise fine for short stays.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hyderabad Abids, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Mercure is a lovely place to be with family in Hyderabad. It was my first visit and choose this one based on the internet reviews. It did satisfy my expectations in terms of cleanliness, service and location. It is value for money in this range of hotels.
They show great courtesy even by extending the check-out time by 2 hours.
Though food seems to be costlier here, but that is the average cost in decent hotels in Hyderabad.

Room Tip: Areas of Improvement: They can provide a welcome drink. (Hyderabad is always hot in weather) Provi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hyderabad Abids, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Hudson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

On the flight from Ahmedabad to Hyderabad, I got a bit of a stomach bug which would ultimately force me to stay in bed for the next three days. Luckily, I was staying at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids.

Smack dab in the center of Abids, Mercure combines Western comforts with Indian hospitality. Arriving in the middle of the night from the airport, I was greeted at the door by a team that handed me bottled water, checked me in quickly, and led me up to my room. At that point, I was ready to collapse. Luckily, the room was cool (a nice contrast to the 100 degrees outside) and there was water and breakfast/dinner vouchers waiting for me on the table.

I called down the next day and they made sure that there was non-spicy food for breakfast since I was still unwell. The hotel even made sure to clean my room when I was in the dining hall so I could rest in bed the remainder of the day. This was not only considerate but showed that a four star hotel can indeed provide five star service without being asked to do so.

As for the room, it was huge. Tastefully decorated. All the amenities in the room including cable television which occupied me while I recovered.

When I felt well, I was able to explore Hyderabad a bit and the front desk staff was incredibly helpful in providing tip on how to negotiate with the rickshaw drivers and which sites may be open on the days I was out. When I left, on my way to the train station, the front desk arranged a cab - air conditioned and set to arrive 10 minutes before my train departed.

All in all, a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Huge rooms, comfortable beds, neat & clean bathrooms. Very good house keeping service. Breakfast was just ok considering Accor standards. Location very much central. Would definitely come back on my next business trip to Hyderabad.

Room Tip: Since it is a very commercial area there is not much to peep out of the window. All rooms are equall...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hyderabad Abids, responded to this review, June 6, 2014

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

i stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and 3days. The stay was good. Their service is extremely well and the rooms are very comfortable. Even though the quality of food was not very good but also not very bad.

Room Tip: Take rooms with king size beds
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Mercure Hyderabad Abids

Been to Royalton Hyderabad Abids? Share your experiences!