“Absolutely The Best Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Taj Falaknuma Palace to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Engine Bowli, Hyderabad 500053, India   |
Ranked #3 of 268 hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Absolutely The Best Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Falaknuma as the name suggests is superlative in every sense! From the time a chauffeur driven vehicle fetches you from the airport to the buggy ride and rose petal welcome to the rooms and deliciously delectable food, you are treated like Royalty. The property itself is full of antiques from the Nizam's era but every modern amenity is available. The gardens are meticulously maintained.
The staff is not only knowledgable about Hyderabad or the palace but ever so friendly and wanting to please. It is hospitality at a superior level. All in all returning to regular grind takes some effort!
I would recommend a stay here as a lifetime experience...

Room Tip: try for a historical suite if budget permits or for a room in the courtyard near the Nizam's sui...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, yesterday

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable stay.

I’m also delighted to share exciting news with you. We have been awarded with three more prestigious accolades, adding to our existing enviable list.The Taj Falaknuma won the Best of Best Hotels 2014 by Robb Report. Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Heritage Hotel Awards 2014. We were also bestowed with the Gold E award of Excellence and recognized as World’s Best Hotel (2014). ENTRÉE, is a privately published high end monthly traveller newsletter, which is dedicated to the discovery of special places for the discerning and sophisticated travellers. And last but not the least we have also been voted as the Favourite Indian Heritage Hotel in India by Outlook Traveller Readers, 2013.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a heritage hotel that has been converted from a palace to a hotel. Loved the place, the whole arrangement, the staff, the decor and the food. The kids had a wonderful time playing around the open spaces.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 2 days ago

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent visit with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your visit with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Falaknuma Palace ,I would like to share our monsoon experiences offer if you could email us on falaknuma.hyderabad@tajhotels.com.I am sure with lovely month in Hyderabad you and your family will have a great time at Taj Falaknuma Palace.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Took my wife on her birthday and probably she had best time. Tastiest food u would ever have. Blown away by Taj royal yet professional treatment. 2000 ft approx. Above Hyderabad. One time experience is must.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Falaknuma Palace ,I would like to share our monsoon experiences offer if you email us on falaknuma.hyderabad@tajhotels.com.I am sure with lovely month in Hyderabad you and your family will have a great time at Taj Falaknuma Palace.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sumptuous food in nawabi style!
Not to miss the guided tour of the palace, the buggy ride and their cocktails atleast!
Lamb preparations are good!
Dahi ke kebabs (if i can say) were the show stopper.
All in all a good place to visit atleast once if you are in hyderabad.

Stayed November 2013

Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful historical place beautifully preserved. The service is perfect and everything is cured in any little detail. I loved the huge breakfast on the terrace and the sweet sound of the sitar at sunset.

• Stayed March 2014
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Have stayed at mostly all the Palace hotels in india and Falaknuma is clearly the best amongst all. Everthing in the palace is original and the hotel guests can explore and feel exactly the way the Nizam's lived, nothing is out of bounds. The jade room , the longest dining table which can seat 101 people, the library , chandeliers etc are just the perfect setting . The sufi music in the evening at the terrace with the background of the city has a magical effect . The food especially the Indian was excellent . The swimming pool has a great location and very relaxing.
They have a champagne palace tour everyday and the palace historian explains each and every aspect of the palace in great detail, they also have a Hi tea daily at the Nizam's suite which is very impressive.
What makes it special is the Taj Service , the staff is exremely polite and efficient and every need of yours is taken care of .. we loved our stay and will be back cerainly again .. a must visit for anyone who want to spend a good long weekend ..

Room Tip: We were upgarded to a suite so lived like royalty
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable stay.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed at Falaknuma several times and each time has been fabulous!

Food in both of the restaurants is delicious. However, we prefer the Italian one. Make plans to have high tea and the sit on the verandah to hear the singers.

The service and staff are top notch!

Stayed October 2013

Taj Falaknuma Palace

Been to Taj Falaknuma Palace? Share your experiences!