“HYPE NOT REALITY” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 267 hotels in Hyderabad
Latur
“HYPE NOT REALITY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

By reading all reviews i have great expectations about this hotel.
Its good but not the best at this price
Palace is converted in to hotel.
Check in procedure and service is good .
Swimming pool is not maintained properly .
Food is nice .
No place for recreation and kids .
On the name of entertainment Kawali programme

over all i rate this as good but not best as for as price is considered .

Room Tip: Go for suite .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TajFalaknuma, Front Office Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Kavthale,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the detailed review post your recent stay with us at our Palace.

We are glad to note that overall you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and we did notice that some of the attributes we have not been able to meet your expectations fully. Specifically, please do accept our sincere apologies for the inadequate facilities available for young guests staying with us.You will be glad to know that we have decided to create an Activity Center for young guests within the premises of the Palace and it shall be up and ready within a month’s time.

Let me assure you once again that we have taken your feedback very sincerely and will not leave anything to better our services and live up to the esteemed expectations of our most valued patrons, such as you, on your future visits.

We do hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back, and I would like to assure you that you that you will find a definite improvement in highlighted areas on your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Manager-Palace Services

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

one of the finest taj group properties and superbly managed by the ever smiling and affable girish sehgal. unique dining experiences by chef arun ,zaki, sarfaraz in adaa and chef divyesh the most amazing croissants and desserts in celeste with all personal love warmth and smiles are the best any taj property can offer.
sheetal ,and all the people at the restaurants who were there are superb in sevice and knowledge of the food preparations
from the moment we arrived with our ever caring butler himanshu who kept pace with us throughout our stay with every detail catered to it was the most royal magical and pampered stay in the taj falaknuma palace.
do not miss the culinary trip ,unique dining nizam tea ,along with a classic heritage property stay, they have raised the bar in all food preparations which no taj property has achieved.
did not feel like leaving the hotel in the 3 days we stayed there.

Room Tip: did not use spa so have not reviewed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, July 6, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We are glad to read that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially with Chef Arun, Chef Zaki, Chef Sarfaraz, Chef Divyesh, Sheetal, Himanshu and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I’m also delighted to share exiting news with you Taj Falaknuma Palace recently won the prestigious Travel + Leisure India’s Best Heritage Hotel Award 2013 and The Best Spa Interiors award 2013 (Hotel & Resort) by Geospa AsiaSpa India Awards. We have also been awarded the Certificate of Excellence 2013 for consistently earning high traveler ratings by travelers, and also have been featured among the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Trip Advsior’s Travelers Choice Awards 2013.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable holiday

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is worth a visit . The building is unique with its load of history. The service is Taj at its best.Taj staff had been very welcoming and willing to get in touch, to find out my personal preferences

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We are glad to read that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It's hard to add anything that's not already been said by other reviewers. I had a 3 night stay here in May. I was looking for a 'retreat' and, having visited Hyderabad previously, I did not leave the hotel during that time. It was a stay of ultimate luxury and endless wonderful surprises - from arriving by horse carriage, to a choice of rooms (I requested quiet and privacy), complimentary morning yoga, sparkling wine and pastry trolley at breakfast, special desserts, the bath 'experience', photos, even the check out was memorable. I loved the location overlooking Hyderabad and, although it was extremely hot during my stay, it was magic to sit outside in the early mornings and evenings. As mentioned by other reviewers, the surroundings are opulent but it's the staff who graciously treat you like you're the only guest that matters (and as if you're returning 'home') who make this so outstanding. All the staff were exemplary - my butler, the pool attendants, the yoga Swami, the massage therapist, the waiters......all of them. A unique experience!

Room Tip: I had a 'basic' luxury room overlooking the central courtyard. Whilst splendid, the room lac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
TajFalaknuma, Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you feel at home. We are glad to read that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 along with family.

From the moment we had our reservation confirmed a couple of months in advance, the Taj staff had been very welcoming and willing to get in touch, to find out my personal preferences -- something which many 'top hotel chains' fail to do to this day.

Following a hiccup in my stay (was originally scheduled to stay in December) as I was sick, the Taj Hotel Groups graciously changed my reservation to a rescheduled date at no further cost or hassle.

Upon arrival, we were treated royally at made to feel - as one reviewer of the property put it - not as visitors or tourists to a hotel but as returning guests travelling back to a home, albeit a home as opulent as the palace!

The palace itself is stunning, and others have done well to recount experiences of its opulence and grandeur, if the photos do not already suggest it. But while any hotel group could take over a palace, it is up to the staff to make the guests feel like they are transported back in time. And the Taj Hotel Group truly excels there.

I'm no stranger to luxury hotels, having stayed at some of the world's most renowned, but this experience stands out as the most incredible I've ever had - from the setting to the service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I did not know about the Falaknuma Palace having missed from Hyderabad for the last 3 years. The hotel is worth a visit alone. The building is unique with its load of history. The service is Taj at its best (the best you can wish for the ones that have not experienced this hotel chain). The rooms outstanding. And the peace and quite of the place ... Unbelievable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

A Palace is a palace, from outside appearance to inside guest services. It was my first time to Hyderabad and so far my best hotel experience around the world. I travelled with a group of friends for a leisure trip. Despite the fact that I got the smallest room, I still felt unexpectedly satisfied about everything. There was always more than enough bottled water (this is really important cause we all know that tap water in India is not safe for drinking). The decoration is elegant yet cozy to make you feel comfortable to sleep. But the best part is the mirror walled bath tub which allows one to indulge into a prince/princess dream.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Manager - Palace Services

Been to Taj Falaknuma Palace? Share your experiences!