“Very Nice Stay, But Bring Earplugs!” 4 of 5 stars

Free WiFi, B.Fast
Ranked #21 of 279 Hotels in Hyderabad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oak Park, Illinois
“Very Nice Stay, But Bring Earplugs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Golkonda for two nights and really enjoyed it. While somewhat pricey by Indian standards, I learned the hard way over there that you get what you pay for. The extra expense was worth it. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and contemporary. The water was always hot and the Internet always working. The included breakfast spread was pretty impressive...tons of choices, both Indian and Western, and it was served in a very pleasant atmosphere. Service was always pleasant, as well. Two things keep me from giving this hotel 5 stars...both related to noise. The first night we were there, there was a party on the lawn by the pool (which our room overlooked). The music was blaring well into the night...past midnight at least (on a Tuesday!). It could be clearly heard in our room. Thankfully my husband and I both always travel with earplugs. The other thing, and I can't believe no one else has mentioned this, is that the hotel is located very near to a mosque...and you can hear the calls to prayer very easily in your room...including the one at dawn. Again, we had earplugs, but I am 100% positive that would have woken me up if I hadn't. Moral of the story: Great hotel overall...just be sure to bring earplugs!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad. Your detailed feedback is appreciated and helps us to a maintain check on our services. Your positive comments regarding our services and amenities are warmly received. Our hotel is located in the heart of the city’s business and entertainment district and offers perfect accessibility for the needs of our business and leisure travelers.
We have noted your concerns and would like to assure you that the matter will be addressed effectively. Guest reviews are taken very seriously by our team and any suggestions made are incorporated in our constant effort to improve the standard of our service.
We look forward to having you back at The Golkonda Hotel and assure a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Indonesian first
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed here three different times and found nothing lacking in service or amenities. The rooms are a little cramped but with twin beds and a seating area, comfortable.
The fitness facilities are adequate, though, be warned, the swimming pool is handkerchief sized. Still, it's private and accessible as well as clean.
The Hyderabadi restaurant in the hotel is amazing and the breakfast buffet in the coffeeshop has always been excellent. The bar is a little weirdly decorated but, oh well!
There are no decent restaurants in walking distance (except in the hotel) but Banjara Hills is close enough if you want to try other food while you're here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hyderabad. Your feedback is appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Your generous comments regarding our facilities are encouraging.
We would love to have you back with us in the near future and assure you of another memorable stay.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in hotel for about 15 days post my relocation to Hyderabad. It was a nice experience. Hotel ambience is good, staff is warm, friendly and helping. The best is the cusind. The buffet dinner has wide varieties and specilises in authentic hyderabadi non-veg recipes. I thoroughly enjoyed mutton roganjosh, hyderabadi biryani ( the best available in hyderabad) served with paaya shorba which is not easily available these days. Top it up with wide range of desserts. For an excellent regal dining experience -visit their signature restaurant "Jewel of Nizam" and indulge, get spoilt like a Nizam. Overall good value for money - decent 4 star property at affordable range. Its centrally located and convenient from Airport. Recommended.

Room Tip: Insist on garden/pool facing rooms for good view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The first time I visited Hyderabad, had stayed in Golkonda. And that was way back in 2008. It’s been almost 5 years after which I stayed again in Golkonda. The experience has been the same. The service has been the same. The quality has been the same. They are much better than most of the 3 star hotels in Hyderabad. What more do you ask for when you have a comfortable stay option, good number of eating options coupled with good food, a well-equipped gymnasium and courteous staff. There were certain glitches which occurred during this journey, however the manner and swiftness with which the service heads managed the problem is laudable.

Room Tip: This hotel is located on a busy street, hence there won't be any good view. However, check for c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have visited Hyderabad several times however stayed in this hotel for the first time and have realised that this hotel is by far the best economical hotel out there. It is in the heart of the city with extremely great service.

Room Tip: Good comfirtable budget hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Visakhapatnam, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have visited Hyderabad several times and have realised that this hotel is by far the best economical hotel out there. It is in the heart of the city with extremely great service. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and wish that who ever is considering a place to stay definitely looks into this.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I recently spent five nights at the Golkonda and enjoyed our experience very much. We were in Hyderabad for a wedding and a friend had booked us into another hotel nearby. However, we were not impressed with comments about it on TripAdvisor and so organised to change to the Golkonda at short notice and were very glad we did.

The friendliness, the professional and the standard of service displayed by the staff in general was most commendable. I would particularly like to thank the staff at Melange where we ate many of our meals and also the staff at the Zanzibar where we spent some very pleasant hours. Everyone was courteous and considerate and we enjoyed some very funny moments with many of them.

The barman at the Zanzibar deserves a special mention for finally making a Margarita that satisfied the tastebuds of this fussy Australian. He was not going to be beaten and once he conquered the recipe he made sure I gave my opinion on each drink from then on – lovely sense of humour which I appreciated!

I have left my most special mention to last because this lovely young lady Sneha, who was on the reception desk, was the most important to me. One of the security guards at the airport had made me tear off the wrapping paper from around our wedding present so he could check it and we hadn’t had time to find a shop to buy new wrapping. At midnight, the night before our early morning wedding, Sneha somehow managed to find me some pretty paper to rewrap the gift.

As well, the next morning she was only too happy to fold and drape the new saree I had bought to wear to the wedding. This was the first time I had ever worn one and had no idea what to do and soon discovered it was no easy task! She was very patient and did a wonderful job and I will always remember her with gratitude and fondness. She is an excellent asset to her employers and I hope they pay her accordingly!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor but I would suggest a higher floor to get views of the city which we didn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Golkonda Hyderabad? Share your experiences!