“decent hotal,with decent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free WiFi, B.Fast & Miles
Ranked #13 of 268 hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“decent hotal,with decent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Best place to stay in while in Hyderabad. Located at a very strategic place, while coming from airport and just after you come down of the flyover, you will find this hotel on your left side. Good rooms and good food. They have private steam in all rooms, enjoy steam bathe after a long hour days work.and specially travel desk staff they had given me lot of good advices about side seeing thats make my trip successful. i wish to visit again.........

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad. Your feedback is appreciated and helps us to maintain international standards of service-delivery.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our amenities are warmly received and encouraging. We, at The Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad, are proud to be a 4-star boutique hotel located in the epicenter of the city’s vibrant business and entertainment hub.
Once again, we value your patronage and look forward to having you back with us at The Golkonda Hotel.

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Golkonda cost us approx £60 pn. Above that range are the extremely expensive taj hotels which I must say are lovely but are not very relaxed. They are also located in Banjara hills so not exactly central. Masab tank is about 35 mins from the airport. Traffic in Hyderabad is pretty congested. I suppose it takes a long time to go anywhere. Although we went to the birla temple which is near. We got an auto.

Back to the hotel. It seems a little old and run down. The bathroom is clean though and a good size. Water wasn't hot all the time. The bed was comfortable. Housekeeping was good. Prices were high.

The food was good. The restaurant jewel in nizam was of a high quality and can be recommended. I had a kebab and a green salad followed by a fresh lime soda. Staff were ok. Although I was charged 50 rupees for 10 mins in the business centre. Extortion! One guy told me it was complementary but the woman was out to make money and charged me 50 rupees!

I think it must be pretty hard to get a good hotel in Hyderabad for this price. I stayed there for 4 days. Enjoy.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad. Your detailed feedback is appreciated and helps us to a maintain check on our services. Your positive comments regarding our location and amenities are warmly received. Our hotel is located in the heart of the city’s business and entertainment district and offers perfect accessibility for the needs of our business and leisure travelers.
We have noted your concerns and would like to assure you that the matter will be addressed effectively. Guest reviews are taken very seriously by our team and any suggestions made are incorporated in our constant effort to improve the standard of our service.
We look forward to having you back at The Golkonda Hotel .
Vijayawada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for a relative's wedding reception few months ago. Though the hotel seems to be a bit smaller in size when compared to the other star hotels in Twin Cities loved the ambience over here. The stay was quite comfortable. Jewel of Nizams restuarant is a must try@Golconda.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ostend, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, arriving at 7:15 in the morning with a reservation document mentioning check in time was 9 AM onward. Reception staff wanted to bill us for half a day extra. Fair enough, 7:15 is not 9 but nevertheless I found it a bit churlish though not incorrect. We decided to just have a long, leisurely breakfast at the buffet instead and sit it out until 9. Buffet breakfast was indeed good, with excellent veg/non veg options, Indian as well as western. Anyway, around 8 AM the reception staff relented and agreed to give us the room without supplement. The room was nice, clean and good value for money. We used the travel desk to book a car + driver twice. Negotiation about the price is required but certainly possible. What irked me though was that in spite of my repeatedly insisting on the fact that the driver needed to be there on time, he was late twice, with the guy at the travel desk lying to my face about the cause ('he has just gone for gas, sir' followed by a 20 minute wait while they were scrambling around to locate a driver and car to begin with, speaking hindi without knowing I could understand them). Mistakes happen but when they happen, assume responsibility and apologise, don't try to fudge things or lie to the customer. This lead to some unpleasantness as I withheld part of the payment for one trip. Other than the travel desk staff I have to say that the other personnel were unfailingly very friendly, helpful and polite. I'm used to staying in business hotels but for some reason the Golconda exudes an air of homeliness with a personal touch in spite of being quite a big place. A special mention goes to the Hyderabadi cuisine restaurant which serves REALLY good, tasty food with impeccable service and has a decent and not overpriced wine list. Special mention goes to the tandoori lobster and the indian breads. All things considered a good stay and I'd return there but the travel desk experience left a bit of a sour aftertaste. I hesitate between giving 3 or 4 stars, 3.5.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Potsdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Golkonda in January of 2012 and found it to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms were interesting, beautiful and clean. The service was outstanding. The staff was always ready to help in every way.

We particularly enjoyed the breakfast buffet which offered both Indian and western food, but why eat pancakes when you can have dosa and idly?

On our final night, we dined in the formal restaurant and loved it. Live traditional music added to the excellent South Indian cuisine.

We have already reserved a room for our return visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This property is centrally located in very close proximity to the Railway station, Main shopping areas and also within the Airport's reach. The location is quite exciting because Abids, Koti and Lakdikapool areas are nearer and with a slew of multiplexes, complexes and chain stores within reach. The Ambience within the hotel, the restaurant, the breakfast serving South Indian delicacies with Hot steaming Filter coffee and Masala Tea to wash down the hot, jasmine soft idlis are some of the main features. The chef's here are real wizards in the kitchen. Worth staying with with family and friends. This was my first time but would continue to patronise this property for some time to come.

Room Tip: Not many views from the room though but the rooms facing the pool and the main road is worth a try.