“4th visit and as good as ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace

You added The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace to your Saves list
The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raheja IT Park,HiTech City | Madhapur, Hyderabad 500081, India   |
Ranked #2 of 274 Hotels in Hyderabad
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“4th visit and as good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed for 10 days in January on a business trip to Hyderabad. My 4th visit to the hotel. Every time there has been excellent service and very good facilities and this time was no different.

I like the bedroom and think they are very well appointed with very comfortable beds; and good bathrooms. Hotel is very well maintained and kept spotlessly clean. One change (which I did not like) - the in-room toiletries have changed - for me the new ones are not as good as the previous brand and the leaf shaped soaps are a sad loss.

Used the gym, spa, pool and the laundry service - all services were excellent and where I had to pay, costs were very competitive for a high-end hotel.

The restaurants are very good - I ate in all. I think the Italian is very good, but really enjoy the buffet in Seasonal Tastes since I think the choice of food and the quality is excellent. As part of my trip, had some dinner meetings at some other (very well respected and top-end) hotels and although the food there was good, I did not think it a patch on the food quality at the Westin.

I also had a slight issue this time - and noted it on one of the daily feedback cards and the hotel contacted me the next day and went out of there way to resolve the issue. I thought this was very impressive - the willingness to solve the issue, the clear ownership of the problem and the very prompt resolution. I recognise that things do go wrong from time to time - that is life - but was very impressed with the hotel's attitude and responsiveness.

Felt like a very valued customer throughout my stay and look forward to returning again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our hotel, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our ‘Heavenly Beds®’ and which seems to have contributed to a relaxing stay with us.

Glad you also enjoyed our Buffet restaurant Seasonal Tastes, which always offers a great variety of food and is a firm favorite of most guests.

Thank you for your comments on the toiletries , as such information enable us to continually monitor and improve the facilities that we are offering.

Team looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace.

THE WESTIN HYDERABAD MINDSPACE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Overall, the Westin Hyderabad Mindspace is a very good hotel. The location is good, especially if you are in Hyderabad visiting one of the technology, banking, or pharmaceutical companies. I found the staff generally be very attentive. For SPG Gold or better members, they will either pick you up or drop you off at the airport as a complementary service. On return to the airport, they have an agent at the airport that will help ensure you get through the throngs of people and make it to the security checkpoint.

The food in the hotel is quite good. Many of the rate packages include breakfast, which is quite good. I've tried the Italian restaurant which was also good.

Rooms are nice - pretty typically Westin. One little nit is that they don't use the typical Westin toiletries, which I personally quite like. There are also little fit and finish issues around the hotel, but none of these really impact the quality of the stay. But if you are slightly OCD and find things like the elevator direction indicators being crooked, than it may bother you.

This last trip I took advantage of the in-room massage. It was very good, and was very inexpensive compared to the quality.

Overall, quite a good stay. I've stayed twice now and will likely stay there in the future given that option.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms can be quite loud. There is a event pavilion area there and if they have music, yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is great to read that you have had an excellent stay at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer.

It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our services and over all dining experience at our Italian venue Prego and All Day Dining venue Seasonal Tastes during your visit. Glad to know that you also enjoyed our In-Room Heavenly Spa by Westin experience.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on the fit and finish of our rooms and will surely share your feedback with our management.

Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

You will get what you expect with this Westin located right across the street from the IT office park and many of the major companies in Bangalore. Inside, the hotel is built around a large open center atrium, almost has the feeling of an Embassy Suites but with the upscale style of Westin. The rooms are classic Westin, as are the restaurants.

There are a lot of comments on here about good or bad views. This is in a business area of the city - don't expect a beautiful scenic view no matter which direction you face. You will looking at either existing office buildings or office buildings under construction no matter which way you face.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and it is especially rewarding to read that our associates were able to assist you along the way and make your stay memorable.

Thank you for the special mention about our rooms and restaurants.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I travel often to Hyderabad for business. So far, I have already stayed over 50 nights at Westin Mindspace Hyderabad in 2013-14, and I have just started my current stay (am on my third night) which will be 30 nights long. I am amazed by the service quality and friendliness of the staff at this hotel. Some of the staff members like Susanta, Raju and Narayana remember my preferences from my stays 6 months apart, and that is commendable if you consider the number of people who they would have served over 6 months...

The rooms are modern, extremely clean and very comfortable. In the off chance that you face a problem (I had a plumbing issue in March 2013) - the hotel staff quickly takes action (in my case they moved me to another room, while they fixed the issue) and seems to be more apologetic then an issue like this, which is clearly beyond their control would necessitate. It is a standard business hotel with great Wi-Fi and executive lounge and conference center. If you have a status with SPG or paying for executive club room, you can enjoy the delicious spread in the exec lounge. In my current trip, I have noticed that the evening happy hour spread have been extended with more selections, including greater number of vegetarian items.

I believe I am in a good position to post a glowing review. I travel across SPG (Starwood) and Marriott hotels across the world, spending over 100 nights in hotels each year. Westin Hyderabad is a Catagory 3 in SPG's scale but the service levels, room quality and overall experience is even better than some of SPG's Catagory 5 hotels (e.g., Westin Jersey City, NJ - Catagory 5 and W Seminyak Bali - Catagory 6). For example, W in Seminyak Bali is newer, expensive and hipper than this hotel, but I didn't find their housekeeping personnel doing as great a job as the ones in this Hyderabad hotel - the floors are sparkling and the room always smells fresh and amazing. Lastly, I am yet to make a "special request" that was turned down - they don't normally have peppermint tea, and I made a casual request this morning about that and in the night my room had a full box and that too of the brand that I mentioned... Clearly, they must have sent someone out to get it specially for me and it is things like these that makes you feel genuinely welcomed and valued.

Side Note - I browsed through some of the "poor" and "terrible" reviews and cannot imagine some of the things that fellow travelers have mentioned could have happened with the wonderful staff that Westin Hyderabad has! One of the reviewer mentioned he was charged for the prior night for checking-in on 5 AM. I am not sure if that person travels a lot, but that would be the case in ANY hotel in the world!! An early check-in is something like arriving at 10 or 11 AM - 5 AM is not an early check-in - its almost 9 hours before the normal check-in time!!!

Dear Guest,

The best part of service is to know that you pleased someone. It’s inspiring to know your over all stay experience and special mention on our facilities.

It is specially rewarding to read that our associates across all departments were able to assist you along the way and make your stay comfortable on all your visits. I will also share your valuable feedback with Susanta, Raju and Narayana.

Our endeavor is to ensure every guest is offered a personalized service making them feel at home.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent hotel, great food, wonderful rooms. Perfect for the business traveller or the family just wanting to relax for a day. Kids get taken care off. Sumptous food choices and very courteous staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and it is especially rewarding to read that our associates were able to assist you along the way and make your stay comfortable.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

As a business traveler I stayed for two nights. My room was excellent, well designed for international business traveler. Breakfast spread was great, service good. The two dinners I had at Kangan restaurant were memorable. Spa massage experience was excellent, while it may be a little pricey, overall this was a memorable stay and experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a delight to know that you had a wonderful time at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace. It’s inspiring to know your special mention on our facilities.

I am delighted you enjoyed the breakfast at Seasonal Tastes and loved your dining experience at Kangan which has recently won The Best North Indian restaurant Award by Times Food Awards – Hyderabad.

I am glad you were able to visit our Heavenly Spa by Westin for a refreshing stay experience.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very well managed property. Proximity to most of IT companies. Centrally located. Very good service. Food quality is good. Post stay service in very good. Rooms are very clean and specially bed qualitiy is very good

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace? Share your experiences!