“Just what you need when you're on business!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace

You added The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace to your Saves list
The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raheja IT Park,HiTech City | Madhapur, Hyderabad 500081, India   |
Ranked #2 of 274 Hotels in Hyderabad
Dublin, Éire
“Just what you need when you're on business!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great breakfast, really amazing rooms and bathrooms, great service (though maybe a little too many people standing around with no jobs but to smile at you!) and generally a nice place to return to after being in the city / working.

Oh, a friend and I went for a manicure, it was one of the most bizarre experiences ever and I wouldnt recommend it! Guy doing it decided to change the whole design of my friends manicure after her nails were 90% done without asking her.

Room Tip: All the rooms face in to a central courtyard so it doesnt make much difference.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with a feedback on your stay experience. I am grateful for your comments as such information enable us to continually monitor and improve the services we are offering.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to learn you enjoyed the room and the dining experience at our venue Seasonal Tastes. I would also like to inform you that Seasonal Tastes restaurant is awarded The Best All Day Dining by Times Food Awards – Hyderabad.

I have also shared your valuable feedback on your manicure experience at our salon.

Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back.

THE WESTIN HYDERABAD MINDSPACE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here as part of a wedding party, and were OK with the accommodation. First, the good: the buffet is fantastic, the bar OK (just don't order cocktails off-menu), and the overall ambiance pretty good. The lobby has mosquitoes in it, but fewer than most places in India. (During certain months, you simply can't keep them out of the lobby in a hotel.) The rooms, however, were bite-free.

I'd say it's not for business for two reasons. First, the bathroom: it's just not fit for purpose if you need to get cleaned up and out the door in a hurry. The layout is bizarre, with a glass sliding door separating the toilet from the shower. Worse, the sink has an off-kilter bottom that makes it almost impossible to turn on the faucet without spraying yourself with water. Basically, if you're in a suit, don't wash your hands. Whoever designed this clearly never had to use it.

Second, the staff is attentive, but not exactly speedy. I arrived on an early morning flight, and called up to have some shaving cream delivered and some laundry picked up for same day service. The front desk staff took both requests promptly, but it took a very long time--over an hour--for a person to come up and handle either issue. Given that I wasn't in a rush, it wasn't a problem, but I wouldn't want to make business plans counting on the service.

The spa is good when it comes to massages, but the manicure/pedicure is subpar at best.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments. Our services will only improve, based on your feedback.

Please rest assured that I will share your comments with our team in order to improve our services as experienced by you in the past.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just getting to the hotel was awesome itself. The hotel car picked us up on time. The driver holding the printed (not handwritten) placard was easy to find. Took the luggage right away as we walk to the parking lot. Once there he gave me an ice-cold water bottle and 2 icecold towels - nice touch. Then he proceed to give me my room key, luggage tag, with a single signature! Now that's style. I had just come from Delhi where it cost me 20 minutes to check-in so my amazement was doubly so.

The rest of the stay has not disappointing at all either - which is good because the check-in sure set some high expectations. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a delight to know that you had a wonderful stay experience at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace.

Guest experience is our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such inspiring comments, especially when we have a new innovation - our in-car check-in for guest comforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I am staying at the hotel for 27 days on business. From the moment we pulled up the service has been excellent. Check in was quick and easy. Soni at the front desk is wonderful and has not forgot my name. If she sees me in the lobby, she is quick to greet me by my name. I,ve never experienced that in a hotel. The hotel has no shortage of staff. You cannot walk 5 feet without running into an employee willing to help you. I walked into the elevator to bring my laundry to the lobby and a bellboy was there quickly asking to take my bag to the front desk for me. We have eaten at the breakfast buffet daily. the foodd is excellent and there are plenty of choices. My only minor complaint would be that they do not quickly refill your coffee. You have to ask. The Taste snack/drinks area is opoeen 24 hours and is fantastic. No matter what time of tthe day, even at 3am, you can order food and it is prepared fresh. The first night here I gott to meet Ravi. He made sure I had anything I needed and he also, has not forgot my name. Taste also haas fresh, in house made desserts. 1 word. Fantastic! Prego is their Italian restaurantt. We ate there for lunch and dinner. I live in an area that has a Little Italy area, and I can assure you thhat Prego prepares some of the best italian food I have ever had. Their sunday brunch is cheap ($24) and awesome.

I stayed in a Club room and was able to get a corner room. (Room 1829). The room is huge and has a terrace with table and chairs. Nothing about the room is uncomfortable. The bathroom has a deep tub, and rainfall shower. Any amenitie you need, they have for you.

They were putting the Christmas decorations up thhis morning andd they really ggo all out. I cant wait to see them lit up.

I could go on about this hotel, and I will later. I have 16 days left to eexperience. If you are ever in Hyderabad for business, you would be wise to stay here. Look for Soni at the front desk.

Room Tip: stay in the club room. you get free wi--fi and the breakfastt buffet everyday
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

The best part of service is to know that you pleased someone. It’s inspiring to know your over all stay experience and comments on our facilities and services.

I am especially inspired to read that our associates made you feel at home. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back.

It is good to hear that you also enjoyed our Buffet Breakfast and Sunday Brunch at Seasonal Tastes, which always offers a great variety of food accompanied by imported beverages and is a firm favorite of most guests.

I have shared your valuable comments with Ravi & Soni and they were delighted.

Goa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been to Westin for many dinners in the recent past. For the Dinner they arrange a buffet with wide range of European, Indian and oriental cuisine. The quallity of food is very good and staff behaviour is very poite. The location is very convenient. For Travellers from Abroad its the best place to have there dinner which provides safe food and choice of different cuisines. The cost per meal per person would be around Rs.1500/- ($28) inclusive of all taxes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review and to learn you enjoyed the dining experience at our venues Seasonal Tastes. I would like to inform you that Seasonal Tastes restaurant is awarded The Best All Day Dining by Times Food Awards – Hyderabad.

It is great to read that our associates were able to assist you with all your requirements and make it memorable too.

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at Westin Mindspace for 6 days and 5 nights just a week ago in November 2012. This is one of the best hotels in Hyderabad. It's tucked away amongst top IT companies in the Raheja IT park in hightech city so you will see mostly Western crowd and some Indian but almost all IT crowd. Lot of high rises with top names IBM, CSC, TATA, Accenture around. Huge lobby (cathedral) all the way to the top. I stayed on the 14th floor. Service was very good. Food was good but a bit spicy. With a regular room you get no amenities, such as WiFi, or laundry. Just to give you an idea WiFi per day is 900 rupees, a day's laundry could cost you up to 2000 rupees (approx..40 dollars) - they have a package for 3000 rupees per day with free WiFi and 2 pieces of laundry. Mostly I ate the buffet place right in the lobby (breakfast was part of the deal). I wanted to try the other 2 restaurants but did not get a chance. One thing I did not like among other things was the attitude of a duty manager. My check in was around 7 AM and so I asked for a discount on that day's tarrif while checking out, because I hardly stayed there that day. The front-desk guy couldn't do anything so he asked his manager (a young woman) to check on this. She came, looked into the computer and nodded her head no, and walked away. Did not even look at me while I was standing right there, did not say anything, just walked away as if I did not exist. Outrageous for a hotel manager to do that, especially at a place which advertises as a world class 5* hotel. I don't care that they did not give me the discount but not acknowledging is not acceptable.
Room was very good- they have a look through glass between the bed and the bath - no idea why but has a screen that you can close. Bed was very comfortable, great sheets and good room service. Staff were well trained - almost all non-local staff.
Breakfast had an assortment of Western, North Indian and South Indian spread. Definitely spicy. Good selection of seasonal fruit, some juices and dairy.
Overall my rating is only 3 because of the reasons I wrote above and also the pricyness of some of the necessary services.

Room Tip: Definitely high floors are quiter in India because of all the sounds in the morning but this locatio...
Dear Guest,
It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our ‘Heavenly Beds’ and which seems to have contributed to a relaxing stay with us. It was a delight to read that you experienced a good in room service.

Please rest assured that I will share your comments with our front office team in order to improve our services as experienced by you in the past.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've spent nearly 3 months here over the past year, and will continue to do so when I travel to Hyderabad. What is most striking is how friendly the staff are — they remember me from trip-to-trip, and are always gracious. From the restaurant staff suggesting new and interesting entrees, to the pool staff for my morning swim.

It's obviously catered towards business travelers. The rooms are relatively quiet, the laundry service is quick, and there are a variety of food options - which is important for long stays.

The airport transfer, which seems like not a big deal, is crucial in Hyderabad. Dealing with radio taxis is a huge pain, so it's nice to walk up and have someone waiting for you. This most recent trip, they "checked me in" during the ride from the airport; so I had my room key and everything. They brought my suitcase up from the car to the room.

I won't go as far as to say it is predominately Westerners, but it's pretty close. If you have any hesitation about visiting India, stay here and you'll have a great experience.

Room Tip: The exterior noise seems to be louder if you're facing north, versus east. Water pressure is low...
Dear Guest,

The best part of service is to know that you pleased someone. It’s inspiring to see how much you appreciated our hotel.

It is great to read that you have had an excellent stay at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and that our associates were able to assist you with all your requirements and make it memorable too.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on the exterior noise and we are currently working on the same to ensure we rectify and make every guest stay comfortable.

THE WESTIN HYDERABAD MINDSPACE

Been to The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace? Share your experiences!