“Nice food for Westren visitors at a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace

Save Saved
You added The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace to your Saves list
The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raheja IT Park,HiTech City | Madhapur, Hyderabad 500081, India   |
Ranked #2 of 267 hotels in Hyderabad
Goa
“Nice food for Westren visitors at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been to Westin for many dinners in the recent past. For the Dinner they arrange a buffet with wide range of European, Indian and oriental cuisine. The quallity of food is very good and staff behaviour is very poite. The location is very convenient. For Travellers from Abroad its the best place to have there dinner which provides safe food and choice of different cuisines. The cost per meal per person would be around Rs.1500/- ($28) inclusive of all taxes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review and to learn you enjoyed the dining experience at our venues Seasonal Tastes. I would like to inform you that Seasonal Tastes restaurant is awarded The Best All Day Dining by Times Food Awards – Hyderabad.

It is great to read that our associates were able to assist you with all your requirements and make it memorable too.

652 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at Westin Mindspace for 6 days and 5 nights just a week ago in November 2012. This is one of the best hotels in Hyderabad. It's tucked away amongst top IT companies in the Raheja IT park in hightech city so you will see mostly Western crowd and some Indian but almost all IT crowd. Lot of high rises with top names IBM, CSC, TATA, Accenture around. Huge lobby (cathedral) all the way to the top. I stayed on the 14th floor. Service was very good. Food was good but a bit spicy. With a regular room you get no amenities, such as WiFi, or laundry. Just to give you an idea WiFi per day is 900 rupees, a day's laundry could cost you up to 2000 rupees (approx..40 dollars) - they have a package for 3000 rupees per day with free WiFi and 2 pieces of laundry. Mostly I ate the buffet place right in the lobby (breakfast was part of the deal). I wanted to try the other 2 restaurants but did not get a chance. One thing I did not like among other things was the attitude of a duty manager. My check in was around 7 AM and so I asked for a discount on that day's tarrif while checking out, because I hardly stayed there that day. The front-desk guy couldn't do anything so he asked his manager (a young woman) to check on this. She came, looked into the computer and nodded her head no, and walked away. Did not even look at me while I was standing right there, did not say anything, just walked away as if I did not exist. Outrageous for a hotel manager to do that, especially at a place which advertises as a world class 5* hotel. I don't care that they did not give me the discount but not acknowledging is not acceptable.
Room was very good- they have a look through glass between the bed and the bath - no idea why but has a screen that you can close. Bed was very comfortable, great sheets and good room service. Staff were well trained - almost all non-local staff.
Breakfast had an assortment of Western, North Indian and South Indian spread. Definitely spicy. Good selection of seasonal fruit, some juices and dairy.
Overall my rating is only 3 because of the reasons I wrote above and also the pricyness of some of the necessary services.

Room Tip: Definitely high floors are quiter in India because of all the sounds in the morning but this locatio...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable comments. Our services will only improve, based on your feedback.
It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our ‘Heavenly Beds’ and which seems to have contributed to a relaxing stay with us. It was a delight to read that you experienced a good in room service.

Please rest assured that I will share your comments with our front office team in order to improve our services as experienced by you in the past.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've spent nearly 3 months here over the past year, and will continue to do so when I travel to Hyderabad. What is most striking is how friendly the staff are — they remember me from trip-to-trip, and are always gracious. From the restaurant staff suggesting new and interesting entrees, to the pool staff for my morning swim.

It's obviously catered towards business travelers. The rooms are relatively quiet, the laundry service is quick, and there are a variety of food options - which is important for long stays.

The airport transfer, which seems like not a big deal, is crucial in Hyderabad. Dealing with radio taxis is a huge pain, so it's nice to walk up and have someone waiting for you. This most recent trip, they "checked me in" during the ride from the airport; so I had my room key and everything. They brought my suitcase up from the car to the room.

I won't go as far as to say it is predominately Westerners, but it's pretty close. If you have any hesitation about visiting India, stay here and you'll have a great experience.

Room Tip: The exterior noise seems to be louder if you're facing north, versus east. Water pressure is low...
Dear Guest,

The best part of service is to know that you pleased someone. It’s inspiring to see how much you appreciated our hotel.

It is great to read that you have had an excellent stay at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and that our associates were able to assist you with all your requirements and make it memorable too.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on the exterior noise and we are currently working on the same to ensure we rectify and make every guest stay comfortable.

Guest experience is our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such inspiring comments, especially when we have a new innovation - our in-car check-in for guest comforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace.

Shepshed, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

It is the second time I have stayed here this year. It is a secure beachhead for those from Western Hemisphere who have previously struggled to exist in India. The initial reception is made as expeditious as possible. Rooms are welcoming modern and well equipped. There is a proliferation of staff who are welcoming, friendly and efficient. The Italian restaurant provides welcome respite from the highly spiced fayre that Hyderabad is proficient in. Kangan is an exceptional Indian, whilst the buffet is always varied and excellent. Treat provides coffee of sufficient quality and kick to meet most tastes. The workout room is small but sufficient. A fine establishment well located in Cyberabad and in spitting distance of the ORR and Banjara Hills.

Room Tip: The higher the better
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with me. It’s inspiring to know your over all stay experience and comments on our facilities and services.

It is great to read that you have had an excellent stay at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and also enjoyed your dining experience at Kangan, Prego and Daily Treats.

It was refreshing to read that you also enjoyed the buffet at Seasonal Tastes. I would like to inform you that Seasonal Tastes restaurant is awarded The Best All Day Dining by Times Food Awards – Hyderabad.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been at this hotel 3 weeks out of the last 5 and if it was on a palm tree beech then say no more, it would all in all be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Despite it being on one side overlooking a building site and on the others something nicer I would rate this hotel very highly. The food is fantastic and varied with enough change for a two week trip. The mix bar was just what I wanted after a long day, chilled out with great live music. I cannot speak highly enough of the two singers Jack and Jessica. After an often tough day to hear some great live music was very welcomed and they accommodated our requests with no trouble. If there is any feedback I can give to this hotel is that they need to install anti slam devices on the doors as rooms next to the workers stair well are fairly noisy. The service at this Westin is brilliant, I've never had to respond to e-mails from the laundry about my washing but it just adds to the quality of service. Thank you for a very good experience and I hope Jack and Jessica keep on singing!

Room Tip: At the front of the hotel in the middle, room 15 was quieter than room 02.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your 3 weeks stay experience at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace.

I am especially inspired to read that our associates made you feel at home. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back.

I have shared your valuable comments with Jack & Jessica and they were delighted.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay quite regularly in this hotel. It is a "standard" Westin as far as its "hardware" is concerned, and as primarily a businessman's hotel, it IS pretty efficient. But what makes it special is the warmth of the staff, drawn from all over India. Despite rave reviews, I personally find the food to be somewhat above average.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace and it is especially rewarding to read that our associates were able to assist you along the way and make your stay memorable.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on the quality of food we serve.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is by far some of the best service and the most comfortable accommodations I have the pleasure to experience. Every member of the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable during my extended stay. The fitness centers are both very well equipped and maintained. The room is well appointed. The restaurants offer a good variety of food and the food is well-prepared. I treated myself to a massage over the weekend - it was excellent. It felt more like a vacation than a business trip. This was an excellent value and and excellent experience. I will be returning.

Room Tip: This is an atrium style hotel. Higher floors have less noise from the restaurant below.
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review and to learn you enjoyed the dining experience at our venues Seasonal Tastes. I am glad you were able to visit of Westin Workout and Heavenly Spa by Westin for a refreshing stay experience.