“Place below average, noisy, unfriendly management, not recommended” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Geetanjali

Hotel Geetanjali
You added Hotel Geetanjali to your Saves list
Hotel Geetanjali
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4-1-938/26/A, New Marketing Complex, Hyderabad 50001, India   |
Ranked #80 of 279 Hotels in Hyderabad
Bochum, Germany
“Place below average, noisy, unfriendly management, not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked a room for 6 nights, I had some work to do in Bangalore. Did the booking online a week before arrival from Delhi (I had call the hotel but they said they can only make online reservation), and it was not possible to de-select the pick-up option from the train station. Although the booking mentioned "complimentary pick-up from Hyderabad Central," I was charged Rs. 500/- for pick up from the station. Since I am a woman travelling alone, I decided that it would be ok and went on with the booking, stating the train where I was coming, the time of arrival and my telephone number.

Still in the train, an hour before arrival, I called the hotel just to confirm the pick up (in India they tend to forget), and I was really surprised when the person at the reception told me that there was no pick up arranged and that the hotel cannot organize an "emergency" pick up! I was really upset and angry at this, since I had given all the details a week before! I got to the hotel by auto riksha, which costed me only Rs. 50/- (10 times less than the pick-up!)

I finally got to the hotel and complained, but the staff was not helpful at all. I asked to talk to the manager, as I wanted my Rs. 500/- back (not a big deal, but I don't like paying for a service I don't actually get). On the next day, the receptionist told me that the manager will organize a drop to the station, and no refunding was given. I was not happy with this, now knowing that the price was exorbitant, and I requested talking to him, but he was never there. Finally when I got to talke to him he told me that the cannot refund the money. I explained that I will not accept that, and that any decent manager would have at least apologize for the incident and even offer a drop for free, he got loud, I got lout, and at the end he agreed to transfer the money back. I gave him all my IBAN details but until now, nothing has come. This is theft.

About the room: Not very clean, walls would need some painting, bedsheets with holes. The cupboard would not open. The toilet was full of ants, and I could hear eerything from the neighboring toilet. I was first put in a room where the wi-fi signal was not reaching. I asked to change the room, it happen on the next morning. The internet worked then (with constant interruptions, though), but the room and its toilet was not cleaner. On top, the lift made some musical noises and it did not stop during the all night. I had bad nights at this noisy place, I could hear the TV of my room neighbors, slamming doors, and people walking along the corridor.

For this price, I have had far better stays in India. I do not recommend this hotel to people who seek a pleasant stay and a good sleep.

The hotel boys were nice, though. The hotel has no restaurant, but I went to the Taj Hotel for brakfast and dinner, it is very close, is cheap and serves fairly good Indian food with an excellent, quick service.

Conclusion: For the price you can expect much better, stay away from this hotel if you want a place without hassle of any sort.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms at the end of the corridor if you want to use wi-fi.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Hotel Geetanjali, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
We are very disappointed your experience was not satisfactory. I have taken note of all your feedback and we will ensure our staff is retrained on how to work with guest complaints on site in the future.

I would also like to take a moment to respond to each of your complaints..

- elevator noise... Please note there is no hotel in the world where there are certain rooms where elevator is not an issue. Nonetheless, we will improve this to the best extent possible. Our staff is always receptive to change in rooms if one is requested either onsite or at the time of booking.
- Wifi - We try our best to ensure WiFi connectivity is available across all rooms, but the nature of the technology and its set up is complex and hence we try our best to accomodate any guest reuqest if guest have issues with WiFi connectivity. It is provided as a complimentary service to all guests. Most hotels in our category do not provide WiFi at all.

We are taking steps to ensure quite time is maintained in the hotel after 11 pm so that all guests have a comfortable experience.

Please rest assured we are always more than accomodating on any reasonable request and hence we will be refunding you 20% of all charges.

Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Apart from the location, this hotel has nothing much to offer. On the good side, it has a 24 hours check-in, online booking possible (use cleartrip for massive savings), room windows have mosquito nets and the TV works alright. But the rooms are very shabby and unclean. Bathroom flush leaks in almost every room. The most horrible part is that the ventilation of the bathroom opens in the bathroom of the next room. So it is very much audible what is happening in the adjacent bathroom, not to speak of the sound or smell! the towels provided were full of stains. The hotel does not have any restaurant of it's own and the meals ordered from outside are not upto the mark. But one thing is for sure: the staff members are very nice, cordial and helpful and that helps in mitigating some of the shortcomings of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
hydtopbudgethotel, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Geetanjali, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Sir,
First off, I want to assure you we take all feedback very seriously and appreciate any feedback.

We are taking steps to improve our property daily. regarding meals, there are several options within walking distance of our hotel, from the cheap food to the continental Palace Heights restaurant and McDonalds, everything is within your reach.

Thanks,
Vishal
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I had booked the room for my family visiting Hyd. They have an online portal and i filled in the required details correctly., But alas - the dates were not the one i had entered in the confirmation email.
Guess what!!! The portal doesn't the dates to be rescheduled. But the hotel staff were very polite and they made the corrections offline.

This is situated in a good locality near a big market complex - rooms are not that big - but Ok for money. I had booked a double room for 3 expecting them to give a roll away bed - but what i got was a matress to use on floor and the room wasn't big enough to put that

The phone in the room wasn't working and i was moved to a different room upon request. All the rooms are of same size and structure - good thing was The phone line was working.

there were tourist bus accessible from the hotel for local sight seeing which was a better deal for a 1st timer. I would recommend the hotel - its less for price and OK to stay at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Milan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Pros: 24hr check-in, rooms are decently clean, location is central, direct online booking (with long-term stay discounts available)
Cons: rooms are quite old and in bad need for renovation (as usual in India).
Overall: average - I have seen better, but also a lot worse for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Rooms are clean and good. They had arranged cabs for visting places which are affordable. Ofcourse "value for money". Wi-Fi connection was a great advantage. Nice location. Can book it through there website to get sme discounts.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

i stayed in this hotel with my family from 29.01.12 to 01.02.12 in a double bedded room. they behaved nicely with me.there treatment was honest and during my stay i didn't feel any difficulty.its location is very good. i will strongly reccommend this hotel who wants to tour hyderabad and in search of an economic hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed 6 nights in this hotel. It only has the basics but is clean and centrally located. For the price it is good. We enjoyed free Wi-Fi connection which was great and appreciated the backup generator ( when it came on). We always had hot water and reception were helpful in booking cars and drivers at a good price. Luckily we didn't need the airconditioner that we paid for, for as it didn't work. Bed linen was stained but clean. Fly screens on the windows would of been good as they didn't have the plug ins that kill mosquitos that most other places have. Overall an okay stay if you are on a budget.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Geetanjali? Share your experiences!