“Best Hotel I Have Stayed Ever” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
High Spirited Lunch @ 699
Ranked #59 of 267 hotels in Hyderabad
New Delhi, India
“Best Hotel I Have Stayed Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

It is centrally located in the heart of Hyderabad and well connected to all the tourist destinations.
I know the hotel from the old name Hotel Ashoka and after changing to Best western ashoka it improved a lot in the matter of both the quality and service.Ambiance is also very good.I really enjoyed a lot staying here,specially the food was very tasty the staff response was very good,they were very cooperative and helpful for any problem.I would really suggest anyone who visits Hyderabad for any purpose to stay in this hotel.I really promise you that u will enjoy a lot.It is a nice experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are very good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelAshoka, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashoka, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from BEST WESTERN Ashoka, Hyderabad and Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +91-8499862225.

Thank you again for choosing BEST WESTERN Ashoka.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been to Hyderabad twice before and last time I stayed here, it was still called hotel Ashoka. I was pleasantly surprised on coming here this time to see that much has changed since my last stay. On being associated with Best Western, Ashoka hotel has certainly improved. The whole look and feel has changed. The lobby has looks a lot more inviting and the hotel in general has a more hospitable look. The room which already were vey spacious have an improved décor. The lighting of the room has improved and now there is a bigger tv in the room. Sheets were clean and changed regularly. They accommodate personal requests when it comes to food though they need to update the menu. Service not very prompt but at least the food is delicious when it comes. Staff is courteous and smiling. I sure wouldn’t mind staying here again on my next trip to Hyderabad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you again for choosing BEST WESTERN Ashoka.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed there 2 times in 20 days. Cleanliness wasn't good. Hotel is going under renovation and there is a hammering noise from early morning to late night. The food is not good and restaurant staff needs more training and courtesy. The water pressure in the shower is not adequate. 1st floor air conditioning has foul smell coming from kitchen exhaust. From my so many stays at best western properties throughout the world. This is certainly not the best from Best Western Hotels

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a hotel which looks pretty good from outside, although the entrance is very small and you don't have proper signage, you can forgive this by looking at the hotel from outside. Problem starts once you are inside.

This is the first hotel in my entire traveling career where even for a business booking you have to pay the entire bill in advance [yes, they charge you more than the room rent lest you eat something from the mini bar].The staff at reception needs lessons in basic client management.

Something which you may like:

- Rooms are spacious
- Location is very good
- shopping centers are not far away
- WiFi is free and has good speed

Things you won't like:

- the breakfast [one of the worst]
- the people around
- the lighting and ambience
- the hygiene
- the cost you pay for what you get.

Verdict: Don't bother, you will get better choices in that budget. Just keep looking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Really didn't like it at all starting from staff till location
I think more then enough to tell you that found rats in my room and some one start digging from 8am till 8 pm daily really noisy and not clean at all.

• Stayed June 2013

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The property has the potential to be better, however requires improvement on :

1. Better Signage on main road.
It has a small entrance on the main road - should be done better.

2. Better house keeping required.
The toilet seat had the paper seal for cleaned but was dirty. Though it was promptly cleaned on my complaint.
The room floor was not cleaned to satisfaction in my 3 day stay.

3. The Breakfast was dull.
The coffee shop where breakfast was served despite the colourful chairs was uninviting.
The juice dispenser was broken
The bowls for Sambhar were not there, one of the waiters tried to pass up a huge soup bowl that too broken. Finally he brought out the correct crockery after my complaint.
The menu was also lacking in variety. No live egg station / dosa counter - however was served on demand.

On the positive side -

1. The location is central.
2. The Room size was good.
3. TV screen size was good.
4. The food (I ordered a Chicken Biryani in room, though delayed) was delicious. Also they accommodated request for boneless though not on menu.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

HotelAshoka, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashoka, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from BEST WESTERN Ashoka, Hyderabad and thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to highlight that we have very recently upgraded our property and are still uplifting it to fit to all guests. I will speak to my team regarding the Signage, Housekeeping and breakfast issues that has concerned you and put our best efforts to resolve the issue and improve our services.

As we continue to improve our hotel, comments like yours provide us with a valuable feedback in identifying areas that concern our guest.

I do hope that one day you may reconsider returning to BEST WESTERN Ashoka, Hyderabad as we want to regain your confidence.

Best Regards,

Pune
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel was Good at First Glance, But we realized our mistake when we entered in room, Lighting was not so good, room felt dark and shabby, Bathroom fittings not working well. Shower was bizarre. However Restaurant and Bars services were "OK". Can be considered for business travel or one night stay.But not very good option for family vacations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

HotelAshoka, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashoka, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from BEST WESTERN Ashoka and thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to highlight that we have very recently upgraded our property and are still uplifting it to fit to all guests. I will speak to my team regarding the low lighting and shower issues that has concerned you and put our best efforts to resolve the issue and improve our services which impacted your recent stay with us.

Best Regards,

General Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN Ashoka? Share your experiences!