“Average Stay....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Balaji Residency

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Balaji Residency to your Saves list
Hotel Balaji Residency
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3-5-919 to 925, Main Road, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad 500029, India   |
Ranked #112 of 279 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai
“Average Stay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

They haven't provided any blanket for bed. Their toilet was not clean. Especially washbasin was full of Dirt. The room service was good.

Overall it's Just an average stay and the quality is not of INR 1250

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Its a value for money staying; Good location ,Nice & Simple room decor, easy connectivity with rest of the city places. I f you are a frequent traveller, its really worth staying in this hotel. Situated on the road & have an atm downstairs & a CCD too :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We took 2 rooms, for 3 nights. Need was just clean rooms and good service response. We got both of them what we expected for at a price range that we had in mind, after checking other hotel options.
Checked in at 8pm as communicated before. Room was ready. Check in process took just <5 mins. Got adjacent rooms. no haggling on tips. They helped with our luggage. Since next day morning we had to leave early, we did not wait for the complementary breakfast which comes only by 8 am, which we feel is a bit late. This is because it comes from a near by restaurant which is not ready by that time normally. But the rest of the 2 breakfasts we had at sharp 8 am and matched our plans. They cleaned room and bathroom daily and checked with us before we left during day. We were not looking for other amenities, like laundry or other food options, so cant comment on them.
Staff were courteous and was always available. Same person whom I communicated during telephone booking was attending to me so no issues. They just needed name and mobile for booking and a confirmation call the previuos day too. Hence my worries of not getting a confirmed room as no longer valid. They called me on check in day evening to confirm and make the room ready too. All these eased my plans.
Good location on a main road. bus stop is just infront if needed. Karachi bakery small sub-outlet is opposite. McD other few restaurants are near.

Room Tip: I thought a room not on the main road side would be quieter, but did not get it. Still the road side...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel when we had gone to Hyderabad to attend a marriage. The location of the hotel at Himayatnagar is a major advantage. We did a bit of sightseeing also and this hotel's location made it easier.

The hotel has basic rudimentary facilities. The check in is done by the same guy who also works as a room attendant. there is very little of formalities and hence very efficient.

The room was clean and reasonably spacious and clean. the bed linen and the towels were also clean and the first impression was good.

The hot water in the bath room took quite some time to pour out and a lot of water had to be wasted befire that happened.

Room service for coffee was quite prompt and since nothing else is covered under room service, there is nothing to comment.

There is no restaurant - you can find several in the neighbourhood.

All in all, but for the location, there is nothing much to talk about this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

we stayed here in sep 2011. The hotel is decent for the price range and is in the center of the city.
the area is very accessible to a lot of tourist attractions.
pros:
- rooms are neat and well maintained
- no hassles when it comes to services.
- accessible to many eateries around

cons
- in a very busy area, could be noisy at times
- no breakfast included

Room Tip: try the non-ac room and book it on travel websites.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

The night manager of the room tried to break into my room at 2.30 am and then cover it up!!! Had I come across tripadvisor earlier, I would have written this then, so that you make an informed decision when booking your hotels.
Here's how things went - I was in Hyderabad on official business and because the regular hotel with which we book was full, my office had to book me with this hotel (i'm sure they didn't check the reviews at tripadvisor). When I reached the hotel, the staff helped me check in as the owner was not in and there were only 2 members of staff - the night manager and one more helper. With that I was in my room. The rooms have very unsafe locks - just one turn-key lock that can be unlocked from outside too. At around 2.30 pm I awoke with a start, and saw the lock to my room turn. I got up, ran to the room and turned the lock back from inside. One can imagine how scared I was as i sat scared stiff not knowing what to do in a place I was visiting for the first time and not knowing anyone in the city.
Immediately minutes after that, my phone rang, it was the night manger saying that he mistook someone else's room for mine and he insisted that HE COME UP TO MY ROOM AT THAT MOMENT to explain things! I told him that it was 3 am and he could explain all that he wanted to in the morning; but he still came up and started knocking on my door refusing to leave! I had to call a colleague at that hour to stay on the line and call me every hour to check if I was okay. I was and am very sure that the night manager was fibbing because what was a staff member doing trying to open a guest's door at 2.30 am. When I asked him about this, he answered that he was not using the masterkey - but then when I asked him why did my room door open for which he had no answer. Being a new city and not knowing anyone, I like most women travelling alone, shyed from calling the police and chose to run away to the airport at the break of dawn. My office as well as I had a lot of discussions with the owner of the hotel on this topic, to which the owner apologised - after trying to cover up the incident with a lot of shifting and changing stories, but what apologies would he have given if something were to happen to me. So if you're travelling alone , esp. a woman travelling alone, raped, robbed, murdered or all of the three, don't ever ever ever book at Balaji Residency.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

As per service its very good to get everything at the door, to have it in the decent room for the affordable cost.

nearer to koti and lumbini park, tank bund and many other places.

Food is good, bit higher rates as per outside but affordable as per other hotels

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Balaji Residency? Share your experiences!