“Good in almost most stuff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Princess Port Blair

You added Sea Princess Port Blair to your Saves list
Sea Princess Port Blair
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   New Wandoor Beach, Port Blair, South Andaman Island 744101, India   |
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Port Blair
New Delhi, India
“Good in almost most stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Resort looks good.good cottages and rooms. nicely lit. Friendly staff. Private beach of the hotel on one side and other side its own swimming pool.
Drawback is food is not tasty and it is very far from the city. Cannot travel on your own if you want to.
Bar was also good with nice rates to offer.

Room Tip: Choose Cottages.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed with my family from 23rd Dec to 28th Dec 2012. The hotel is in a quite place on the sea shore surrounded by lots of coconut trees....... one can hear the sound of the wave in the early morning...............It is place to stay away from the crowd and to gel with the nature. The hotel has an exclusive beach from where one can see the nearby islands.
In the morning, one can see the fisherman coming from fishing overnight.........also one can see the coral reefs in the beach.....
The rooms are kept neat and tidy......... with service with smile.
This is an ideal place for some quite time......
Food is costly but fine...
The lobby people are quite helpful in arranging taxi (we have gone one good driver - Ramalingam - 9474227143) who really took pain in showing us around and taking to different places/roads at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice looking resort, has its own beach. Very clean and neat rooms. Friendly staff, great food. Only drawback is that its around 28km from the city market area.

A definite Yes to anybody who wiuld like to just sit back and relax at the resort. But if you make this as a base for sightseeing, you'll shell out more money for the taxi fare.

• Stayed January 2013
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We researched carefully and think we found the ideal spot for us. The Sea princess is a friendly, family-run hotel. We had a large rooms overlooking the pool on one side and the beach on the other. The staff are great and the food excellent. It is a short taxi ride away from the bustle of the city and it has a very good private beach for relaxing. We were happy that we chose Sea princess for our holiday in Port Blair and will definitively recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

love it. would recommend to all my friends. the service is great. the beach is clean and and so much fun. the food is exceptional. i would love to re-book to this resort again. My wife and I truly enjoyed our honey-moon at this resort. if you are going to Port Blair, stay at this resort. you will be glad you did. believe me. cheers Ronit

Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently visited Andaman and had booked Sea Princess hotel (Deluxe Sea Facing room) from Yatra.com. I had booked hotel almost 2 months prior to my visit by making full payment and got confirmation voucher from yatra. I choose this hotel by reading all good and positive reviews about this hotel on internet but had never thought would get such a bad experience. Below are the problems I faced with this hotel:

1) I really had to try very hard to call / communicate with this hotel. No one responds on the numbers given on the website. I called day & night and was hardly able to get any response.
2) When I reached Port Blair, I was directly taken to Hotel Sentinel (instead of Sea Princess) and was told that there is some problem in Sea Princess hotel and I would have to stay at Sentinel only. (I discovered later, they had taken over booking and gave preference to some private group). I was totally disappointed since I had specifically selected Sea Princess for its nice location.
3) I had paid extra to same hotel for my sightseeing. Next day we had a planned trip to Jolly Buoy island. We went in the boat and then were told that there is some permit issue so u won't be allowed to proceed. Our trip got cancelled.
4) Sea Princess hotel is about 40 KM from main city so its difficult to travel unless there is pre-booked vehicle all round the clock.
5) Food is extremely costly (lunch/dinner for 2 Veg people would cost minimum 800-900Rs) and food quality is not worth for what you pay.

We were then given alternate arrangement at Havelock due to which our another trip of North Bay Island (from Port Blair) got cancelled.
So inspite of booking Sea Princess for 4 Nights, we got chance to stay there only for 1 night due to which I feel cheated.
My entire trip plan was messed up and I sincerely request please don't go for this hotel to avoid disappointment. Though I agree that hotel is at nice location, Hotel management & staff is not atall professional and they can easily spoil up your entire holiday. Beware and stay away!!!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. But the best part about the resort is the beautiful beach attached to the resort. Excellent food at the restaurent (Do not miss the King Fish fry) by a clean and uncrowded beach added up to a Perfect Family Vacation!. One small tip: The only negative that I can come up for this place is the breakfast they serve have very less varity. Give it a miss and eat outside.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Princess Port Blair? Share your experiences!