“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 58 Port Blair B&B and Inns
Kolkata
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Good Hotel. Nice location. It was great stay at Sea Shell. Staffs are very helpful. Although I stayed stayed 3 days but every alternate day. As my itinerary was such to cover Baratang and Havelock. Thanks to them did it for me. As I stayed at there another hotel in Havelock.

Food is very very good. I really liked it and enjoyed. Ambiance is very good. They arranged car for us for the city tour at decent price. My stay over there was great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

WE booked this in a deal with the other resort of the same group in same price. It was I think on of the best option you will get in port blair at good location.. on the terrace there is a bar.. the sea view from there is excellent . the menu is same as the resort at havlock... but over all a good option..

Room Tip: you can have internet at 50 Rs per half hr. opt for sea facing rooms. bargain for a deal for 2 pla...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

23rd aug 2011 -24th aug 2011 : We reached Havelock resort by a ship at around 9. And we had made a reservation at sea shell resort. We had coordinated with the hotel staff earlier itself and we were supposed to be picked up by the hotel, but noone came until i called them again and they sent someone. The resort was just a km from the jetty, and it took us 5 min to reach the resort. The rooms were in three categories, the chalet, the lagoon and the hammock,The hammock being the best one, We chose the lagoon which was the second best. The room was nice and big, but the drawback was that there was no hot water and no telephones in the rooms to reach out to the reception or any hotel staff. You have to go and call them or tell them whatever you needed. The hotel did not have wifi or internet facility as well. The food was good, a little overpriced though, but we got a good discount on the room tariffs on talking to the manager. He was a very nice and helpful man, he wanted to be there for anything and everything we needed. All in all a good resort but definitely can be better. We have put forward our suggestions to the resort and they are working towards it. But all in all a good and pleasant stay. Nice rooms, decent food and well located.

Room Tip: Go for the Hammock
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

the room view wasnt even remotely close to how it was described to us nor did the service make us feel good. the food was strictly passable and not something you can associate with a "pleasure" trip much less a honeymooon. the ac was in one corner from where it was pratically a fight to shift the bed and get the desired cooling. cant say a lot abt the washroom or the cleanliness standards of the hotel.
sorry to say but till no changes in thier services, this places is avoidable

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
brussels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I booked a room at Sea Shells, paying the full amount in advance, about 3 months before my trip to Port Blair. I had spent quite some time researching guide books and reviews for a decent place to stay as they are not easy to find in Port Blair. I was told on Havelock that it was a nice hotel but that the service had gone downhill. Unfortunately, when we arrived we were told there was a ‘technical problem’ and that our room was not available, we were being moved to another hotel. Given that there were still many keys at the front desk waiting to be collected, I do not know why it was us that they could not accommodate, and assume that there had been a double booking and that a bigger group had been given priority. They told us our replacement hotel was a 4 star hotel and that we had been given an ‘upgrade’. They offered us a ‘complimentary’ airport transfer although we already had one arranged with our Havelock hotel. The scoring I have given is therefore for the hotel where I ended up staying despite having booked and paid for Sea Shells.
It was a decrepit 1970s style hotel that appeared to be in the middle of nowhere. Our room had stains on the wall, a mattress that didn’t fit the bed, no drinking water and not even any toilet paper in the bathroom. The lobby internet was not working. The corridors are open and noise from the lobby travels up to the rooms. On top of this there was a party in the garden for a business group with astoundingly loud music – the kind that makes the furniture vibrate. After complaining, we were moved up two floors where the decibel level was slightly less. The floor, stairs and walls at this level were littered with a substantial amount of bird droppings. This room was better decorated though there were no working lights in the bathroom and the fridge did not work but at this stage we were just counting the hours until we could leave.
Having spent so much time searching for a decent hotel so that we could enjoy the last night of our holiday, I am very annoyed that it all ended the way it did. I would advise you to think carefully about booking with Sea Shells. You do not know what you will end up with and at that stage your money is non-refundable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I spent only one night in this hotel and it seemed generally neat and clean. The lobby and accommodations were sort of like what I would find in a typical hotel for business travelers in the US. The one thing that I found kind of strange -- but perhaps this is common in India (I don't know) -- is that the water in the bathroom was yellow in the toilet, sink and shower. I wasn't about to drink it so that wasn't an issue, I was just left wondering if I was cleaner before I showered or after.

Breakfast can be included as part of the room rate. However, it should be noted that checkout time is 7am, while breakfast isn't served until 7:30am.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Had stayed their for 2 nights with Makemytrip Tour. Had a very good stay. Good food and very helpful staff. No Hot water so make arrangment like portable water heater with you. Will Love to visit again.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Sea Shell? Share your experiences!