“A nice budget option in Tela” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mango

Hotel Mango
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tela
Hotel Mango
You added Hotel Mango to your Saves list
Avenida Panama | 1 block south of Central Park, Tela, Honduras   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tela
Salisbury, Maryland
“A nice budget option in Tela”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Centrally located, clean, safety boxes, bath, cable tv in every room for $ 20 per night

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Good location, good enough room and confy bed. The bathroom had a bad smell to it and 1-2 cockroaches. We were in room 8 too, like the reviewer below, so it seems there's some problems with that bathroom generally! But we basically needed a crash pad for 2 nights and it fit the bill for a quick stay, but wouldn't stay for much longer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

this hotel is located in the center of town. you can rent bikes or get the garifuna tours from here. the rooms are located on the second floor and feel very secure. for $17 US, i had a room with a double and twin bed, a private bath, cable tv, and a ceiling fan (no AC). the room seemed clean when i arrived, but after using the bathroom i noticed there was a small pool of water on the floor near the sink. i figured something was leaking. i was only in the hotel for one night (because hotel maya vista was full) and every time i went near the bathroom, the pool of water was bigger, and by morning was on the floor outside of the bathroom and into the closet.

other than that, this was a good budget option. perhaps other rooms don't have this same problem, or maybe they'll fix the sink soon (it was room number 8). the beds were clean and comfortable, but the street outside was very noisy at night, making sleeping a bit difficult. could've been worse.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
baltimore , md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

The club was quite rustic but cool. It had no walls only a fence and a thin aluminum canopy that covered the dance floor and a little more. The rest was open air. I danced a lot with some cuties and everbody was nice. I do not drink and some guy put an 8ball of coke in my hand and I asked why. He told me that this was 150 leimpira (about 12.50 US dollars)and I turned him down as I dont do it very much anymore and who wants to be geeking and sweating when the it's so warm?

( I have since graduated from a college in Maryland ) as a Spanish major and taught(teach) Spanish. I have traveled to many spots in Latin America and always go alone so I can never turn to my girl or whomever and say- boy this is a drag because I leave it up to me to have a good time and make it happen.

During the week the town shuts down pretty early and there is very little to do so its good to be prepared for nightfall and have your woman with you or you will be staying alone or in my case I went to the homes of my newfound friends. I met these folks as staff members at the Mango.

I must confess that I laugh at real estate prices when I look at the internet. I could have purchased a home in downtown Tela for about $8,000 US dollars. I feel personally that the Mango is not perfect but it is one of the nicest little trips that I have ever taken

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Guatemala City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I've paid a lot of money in advance (because on the website there is an image that doesn't show the real horrible hygienic conditions of that hotel) and when i was looking for the owner, he didn't want to give my money back. Later i discovered that the owner of the hotel was at the same time a chief of the tourists assistance public office and for this reason there was no way to get some help because of this MAFIA!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I stayed here with my girlfriend while back-packing through Honduras. We found the room to be very adequate for the price. Private bath, ceiling fan and two beds. The hotel staff was friendly, in particular the night receptionist, David, who had good recommendations for restaurants and activities in Tela. The hotel is located within one block of central park and in easy walking distance to many restaurants, coffee shops, internet and beach. They also rent bicycles for a decent rate.

My only complaint is that the hotel charges for use of the safe equipped in each room. and I'm not referring to a "deposit" for the key. I've never in my travels encountered a fee for the use of a safe and felt that this was rather absurd.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Mango? Share your experiences!