“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We fancied a night out of the usual hotel restaurant and wish we hadn't bothered. I'm not surprised by recent negative reviews. We went in off season so we were the only people in the restaurant. Considering we arrived just after 8pm and didn't get our food until 10pm, left at 10.20pm this is a pretty good indication of our level of satisfaction with Jojo's.

They got the orders wrong and mixed up, I asked for my steak medium - it was so well done I couldn't get my knife and fork through it. My boyfriend ordered the Surf n Turf and was less than pleased by the 1 prawn he had on his plate hiding under the chips (which were undercooked). The waiter laughed it off but then came back with a further prawn by which time he'd almost finished. The one good thing is that he thought his steak was perfect.

Considering this meal cost us the same as we'd expect to pay at home in the UK we were so dissatisfied we wished we never bothered. Perhaps it's much better in high season - in that case I don't see why they bother opening in off season. They only had 2 cans of diet cokes left - why bother?!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

uk
“Overpriced.will not be revisiting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the second time we have been here. I didn't want to go again as was really disappointed last time, but my husband said lets give it another chance. I should have gone with my instinct. I had fish, which was grey, tasted funny, and I was bad for the next 3 days. Give it a very wide berth and go to any of the others were you won't get ripped off

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Essex, UK
“Still disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Second year in Gambia and our second visit . I understand the owners were away whilst we were there and their team let them down . Dirty plates, dirty tablecloths and poorly prepared food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great service and nice staff but food average and over priced. There is a nice atmosphere and band playing quietly in the back ground so if you don't like loud music, give it a go!

Visited December 2012
Sint-Amands, Belgium
“Food is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food at Jojo's is great. The live band was very nice and not too loud.
It's a bit expensive compared to the other Restaurants nearby.

Visited March 2013