“Great Food!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Price range: $2,500 - $6,500
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Polynesian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: For a delectable experience in the elegant setting of the Manava Suite Resort Tahiti, come to the Vaitohi restaurant and its trendy Punavai Lounge bar, and sample Polynesian, French and international flavours. Discover the true meaning of Polynesian hospitality and service, warm and spontaneous, one of a kind. Opening hours: 6:00am to 1:00am - 7 days - Last order at MIDNIGHT
MB
“Great Food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food was excellent but the service was not as good. It was not really a welcoming environment, we kind of just walked in and they gave us a bunch of drink menus and not food ones. I had to go up and as for dinner menus. The staff seemed to just hang out together and chat instead of helping the patrons. Thankfully the food was good!!!! They just need to work on their service, this also was the first place I noticed where they had a spot to put a tip and the service was not good. Of course I tipped but in all the other restaurants I had been not once have I seen a spot for a tip after it already says tip is included in the service fees.

Visited February 2013

78% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ate here while staying at the Manava Suites. Great food, and great service. After a week holiday on an island in Bora Bora, we were craving some decent food, and this restaurant proved to be a pleasant surprise. Maybe a little overpriced but it was so worth it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wild Wild West
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had breakfast here before catching the shuttle to the ferry terminal. The food was pretty decent, but the meal was WAY overpriced for what we got. We paid 3000 XPF each (around $30) for a small buffet with a few hot items, and a few more cold offerings. Everything is more expensive in French Polynesia, but I would not have wanted to pay more than $15 for what we had.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Food was good, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at the Manava and went there several times. We enjoyed our meal and I would eat there again, but given this was the #1 rated restaurant in Punaaui, I expected to be blown away.

For that, I would recommend Le Coco's which was amazing.

Visited February 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing little find! Great value, great food, great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on reviews we read. So glad we did. The best meal we had on the entire time in Tahiti! Had spring rolls and sushi appetizer. The little Tuna gift they bring you was amazing. For dinner I had the pasta with carbonara and it was some of the best I have had and I'm Italian. My husband had the filet with the mushroom and pancetta cannelloni. Omg. It was delicious. All that and drinks and it was $80 total. The service was amazing and they had all the extras of home.... i.e. Parmesan cheese, butter , oil and balsamic all without having to ask! Great variety of menu .. Something for everyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere