We stayed at the Manave Suite Resort after completing a cruise from Sydney and before flying to Auckland 2 days later. We arrived at the resort at 9:00am. Our room was not available at that early hour and we eventually obtained our room at 1:00pm. These four hours were rather uncomfortable, as the hotel lobby was not air-conditioned. However, we spent some time in the air-conditioned bar, which was a pleasant relief.
Our room, located on the upper floor of block 4 was spacious and modern. Beds were comfortable, the balcony, large and nicely furnished. The bathroom was fabulous, containing a large bath, two hand basins and a huge walk-in overhead rain shower. The toilet was located in its own room. Two wardrobes were more than adequate for our clothing and the fully equipped kitchen was excellent.
We took advantage of the small local store, located a mere five minutes from the hotel, to obtain sufficient items to self cater. We did have one dinner at the resort, which was expensive and not very inspiring.
The exterior of the resort was lovely. Mention has been made in these reviews of the stunning infinity pool and I would thoroughly endorse those favourable remarks. The boardwalks to the pool bar and leading to the resort’s motu were a very nice touch.
All the staff members we encountered, without exception, were pleasant and polite.
Wifi in the room and lobby was excellent.
The Resort Charge, for “free” wifi, one bottle of water per room per day and the tea/coffee/sweetener in the kitchen was an unwelcome addition to the room rate. I felt that this should have been included in the rate for the room.
All in all a very pleasant stay and I would certainly choose to stay at the Manave Suite Resort again on a future visit to Tahiti.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian décor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia