My travel agent recommended this place and booked it for my wife and I. Our flight from Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines arrived very late around 10:30 PM and we were flying out early the next morning so we only spent a few hours in the hotel.
But check-in was a breeze and it was only 10/15 minutes from the airport which was nice after a long flight. The lobby area is huge and there were 2 employees working at night when we arrived. They were polite and we changed over a few hundred dollars here and the exchange rate was better than in Bora Bora so I recommend if you want to exchange you do it here vs. the smaller islands.
Our room was HUGE and it was very modern. It looked to have been recently renovated. The AC worked well (although it took a few minutes to really cool...it would have been nice if they had it turned on prior to arrival).
On the bed they had a heart shaped design made out of fresh flowers which was nice to come to. The bed was fairly comfortable. Nothing over the top but it wasn't lumpy or bad. Although the pillows were horrible. They were too big and it felt like you were using a sofa cushion or something. They need to get decent pillows. That was my only complaint here.
Also, if you are arriving late on a flight I'd recommend you bring some drinks from the airport. They didn't have the store open off the lobby and the restaurant delivery was closed by 11 PM so you don't even have bottled water to purchase. I'd recommend buying some at the airport before you arrive if it's late. A bottle of water would have been nice to have in the room, even if it was for purchase.
The bathroom was very nice with rainfall shower and good water pressure. The toilette was off the hallway and not in the bathroom which is always nice as well. The kitchen was big but we didn't use it at all.
Our room had a balcony with a view of the water. But again we were only in the room for a few hours. I wouldn't have any desire to vacation in this city but I guess if you had to stay it's a nice enough hotel.
They didn't have wi-fi Internet but they did have an Ethernet cable there so you can access the Internet but emails wouldn't send with my Outlook. But I could connect to the Internet (Gmail) and send that way.
All in all a good hotel to overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian décor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia