We stayed here our last night in Tahiti before flying home from our honeymoon. We stayed with another hotel upon arrival in Tahiti for 3 nights, all I can say is that I wish we had spent all of our nights in Tahiti in this Resort.
Check in was speedy and courteous, we really liked our porter who gave my husband excellent local surf tips whilst taking us to our room. We were upgraded from a Lagoon Studio to a Lagoon Suite which had a fully equipped kitchenette and was very modern and stylish.
Free Wifi in Lobby was much appreciated after paying through the nose elsewhere for 24 hours of internet access!!
The infinity pool here is excellent, with views over to Moorea and of the lagoon. The way they have incorporated the colours of the lagoon into their pool design was very cool. A swim up bar was a great touch too, the only one we encountered in French Polynesia. Cocktails are about $16AUD, or 1400CPF, a standard pricing for Tahiti.
The restaurant was air conditioned, which is a novelty in Tahiti, the food was very sophisticated, and like all food in Tahiti, quite expensive, but the quality was excellent and the atmosphere created was very up-market which was a unique experience amongst the laid back Polynesian style everywhere else. Room service did take quite a long time here though, we order two hamburgers for dinner and it took nearly an hour to come.
The bed was comfortable enough, we slept fine, however the air conditioning only works when you have your room key inserted, and it took a while to cool our room down on arrival.
The decor was excellent, a very modern unique twist on Polynesian culture. Minimalistic without being sparse.
We loved the rain shower and the tub was lovely too.
All in all I would absolutely recommend this Resort for a relaxed, serene getaway amongst Tahiti's busy streets.
One downside was that it was located a way out of Papeete, so we couldn't walk to enjoy local dining, but it was lovely all the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian décor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia