We stayed at Manava on the first and last night of our Tahiti holiday in October 2012.
The positives are that the beds were comfy and the service at the lobby desk was friendly and knowledgeable. The pool is nice on a hot day, great to look out over the lagoon on a hot day and watch all of the surfers, paddle boarders and boats go by. The pool bar was well utilised.
Buffet breakfast was standard clean fare, nothing exciting. Its handy to have a small local store a short stroll away for stocking up on cold drinks, snacks etcs
Negatives: The finishing of the rooms is a little lacking (didnt bother us for such a brief stay). Also on departure our luggage was left in storage at the lobby. When we came to leave our transport had already arrived and our luggage was loaded. Upon checking we noticed a bag was missing and asked for it to be located which it was eventually. When we arrived at the airport we noticed that another bag of shopping was left behind. Upon arriving home I contacted management regarding this, management advised that I would have to arrange pick up from the hotel via fedex or similar. They would not offer to help by arranging postage or picking up all or part of the cost, though I believe Manava to be at fault in misplacing the bag. I was left to arrange postage myself which in the end proved too costly (don't get me started on how expensive and uncooperative the carrier was!) and I had to arrange for a friend to collect the goods.
So please double check that all of your luggage is accounted for before leaving this resort!
For this reason I must lower my overall rating for service although as I mentioned the front desk service was great.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian décor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.