We used Manava as our transition hotel to and from Moorea. The initial night we were situated on the road side which was a little noisy and lacked privacy and view. We upgraded to a ocean view studio which was well worth the extra NZ$70 per night for our return trip. The views overlooking the pool and Moorea are beautiful. The room and balcony were large with a small kitchen and nice bathroom. The facilities were clean and tidy. The staff were friendly, obliging and could speak excellent English. We did not use the restaurant as there was a small grocery store a few minutes away. We used and enjoyed the Roulettes down the road - a short 5 minute walk. Try the Sunset caravan - great pizza's and crepes - yum.
The pool is really very nice and looked well kept. My husband snorkelled out from the pool and saw some interesting fish life. Free beach towels were provided.
Free wifi in the main reception area which we used was a good free extra.
We also took a shuttle/taxis into the city which the staff arranged for us - they were on time and friendly. Cost was about NZ$30 return for two.
One issue was that the phones were not working - apparently have not been for at least three months. Not really an issue unless there was an emergency in your room.
On the whole - it is a good transition hotel on the way to the islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian décor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia