“OMG--I am in love with tamale cakes and the eggs benedict” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Abiquiu
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
California
“OMG--I am in love with tamale cakes and the eggs benedict”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We ate dinner here as well as breakfast. For dinner my husband had the fried trout and tamale cakes and I had the blue corn fried rainbow trout---but it was the chipotle aioli that was so delicious. And the tamale cakes were unique and just perfect. We split a blueberry crisp for dessert and my husband had a Monks ale with dinner. With tax before tip, our dinner was $40.42

Now breakfast---we each had orange juice and my husband had coffee. I ordered the Copper Canyon Eggs Benedict---I love eggs benedict and I will never look at them the same, after having them here. The eggs were served on those wonderful tamale cakes and the sauce was a red chili sauce with basil and goat cheese---OMG, to die for. So flavorful. My husband had the Sunrise Over Chama Valley and was very pleased with his choice. Our grand total with tax and before tip was $28.76. This was the best breakfast I have had in a long time. The creator of the Copper Canyon Eggs Benedict needs a bonus check this Christmas.

Visited October 2012
Dede_Abiquiuinn, Inn Keeper at Cafe Abiquiu, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
THank You for the FIVE STAR rating!!! This is what we are working so hard to achieve! The Restaurant staff will be so excited. they love it when thay hit the Five star goal. Hope you can come back soon. Happy Trails - Dede

Vancouver, Canada
“The Inn restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

the food here,was fantastic!wish I could have stayed at the Inn,another visit,I hope!Too far away,but soooo glad, I stopped in,for both lunch,and dinner.too short on time.

Visited October 2012
Thank You for the Five Star rating! We love it when we get everything right for our Guests. Next time stay with us and spend a few days ,,,the Abiquiu area has so much to offer! Happy Trails -Dede
Asheville, North Carolina
“Trout Breakfast Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We drove up from Albuquerque for breakfast with friends. Two of us had Pinion nut pancakes good but not outstanding. Two of us had eggs and trout and that was excellent! It is an attractive place and has nice gift shop where I found some reasonable gifts for friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank You for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit to Abiquiu Cafe. We are working very hard to make all our ratings five star. The Trout and Tamale cakes is one of our most popular breakfast dishes, so happy you enjoyed your meal! One Guest discribed the Trout as FLIPPIN Fresh. Hope you make it back this way. Happy Trails! Dede
Wyoming
“luke warm food - great flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a great stay at the ABQ inn and I will definitely stay there again. We ordered the eggs benedict which was GREAT, exept it wasn't very hot. The basil, goat cheese combo with the red chili is really wonderful. Our service was good and our room was great. The staff is very accomodating and professional.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Luxury on a budget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Already wrote a long review that this app. Lost. Great food; felt so welcomed. Amazing room, views, food, kiva fireplace...great value: king suite, full course dinner and bkfst for two all for $150.go!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere