“Perfect spot to stop on our Georgia O'Keeffe tour” 5 of 5 stars

The Abiquiu Inn
21120 Highway 84, PO Box 120, Abiquiu, NM 87510   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Abiquiu B&B and Inns
Pine, Colorado
“Perfect spot to stop on our Georgia O'Keeffe tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My granddaughter and I stayed at the Abiquiu Inn in July 2014 while on tour of Georgia O'Keeffe sites. We booked one of the Red Mesa rooms based on the room descriptions on the Inn's website (using the AAA discount) and were not disappointed. The room was large, with two double beds, lovely decor and a back door to a small patio with two chairs and a wonderful view of O'Keeffe mesas. We stayed two nights so we could tour O'Keeffe's home and studio, which is a hop, skip and a jump from the Inn, as well as Ghost Ranch, just down the road. Absolutely do not miss either one of these places! We spent several hours one lovely evening on the patio behind our room sketching, as did other guests. The food at the Inn is good, not great (breakfast is best, don't miss the potatoes), but the service is excellent. We are already planning our return trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Abiquiu Inn, in Abiquiu, NM, is a lovely place to stay, with quiet rooms in separately joined cottages (ours shared a fountain in the courtyard), spread out grounds and an excellent restaurant. We were also able to enjoy the nearby Georgia O'Keefe Ghost Ranch, with its history and buildings honoring the late, great painter of Southwestern landscapes in an awesome desert setting.

Room Tip: When choosing a room, if you are a light sleeper, ask that the room face away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Having heard of Abiquiu Inn from our son and his family for several years, we decided to stay for one night last week. The rave reviews were not exaggerated. Immediately upon entering our room, we felt the calm. The staff was helpful, our dinner and breakfast at Cafe Abiquiu were enjoyable...try the Agave Wine Margarita, and we are already planning a longer stay in the near future.

Stayed July 2014
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here a number of times and it is always a little better each year . The grounds are well kept and the rooms clean and comfortable . It has the best restaurant in the area . Very convenient to Ghost Ranch which is a great place to hike . I found all all the staff to be very helpful and friendly which is a sign of good management .

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I booked a room at The Abiquiu Inn so that we could visit Georgia O'Keefe's home while in the area. We enjoyed our stay at the Inn so much that we decided to stay an additional night. The Abiquiu Inn is terrific--very friendly staff, great food in their restaurant, and a nice gift shop! It's a very relaxing place, affordable, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice to stay there. If we're ever back in Abiquiu (and I hope we will be), The Abiquiu Inn is where we'll definitely be staying!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Abiqui Inn is spread out over a large areas with five different groupings of buildings. I was first assigned a room #18, which is very small, with a dreary surrounding, and too near the highway for a quite night's rest. i do not recommend unit #18 or #19 which are next to each other. so I upgraded to room #6 inside a complex called Plaza Blanca. I highly recommend any of the rooms Plaza Blanca, and hope to return there myself for a longer stay. The building is in a shady area, and the room was very large, with a sitting area with a great chair and reading lamp, an entertainment center with an excellent TV (that actually had a lot of good cable channels), a wooden writing desk and lamp, and queen beds. The beds had excellent mattresses, luxury linens and beautiful wooden headboards. (In the center of each head board was an iron ring which could be entertaining for some people.) The floors are high quality tile and walls are white washed plaster that looks like adobe. (It isn't, but looks like it) The ceiling has the traditional vegas in dark wood. So the room has the feeling of the southwest, done in a lovely way and tasteful way. The bathroom has high quality towels, and beautiful tile work on the walls. I loved the private courtyard, which can be accessed only by people staying at Plaza Blanca. There are flowers, and a little fountain in the center of the courtyard. A lovely spot to sit in the morning sun. In addition, the gift shop is very good, the restaurant in excellent, and the over all service from the staff is very high quality.

Also, while strolling the grounds on my way to dinner, I met the owner of the hotel. He does not live in the area, so it was an odd chance that I met him. He quizzed me about my opinion of the hotel, before I found out he was the owner. He truly wants to know what people think of his place, and to make it the best place it can be. Seems like he is doing a great job of that.

Room Tip: Rooms in Plaza Blanca are beautiful and have access to a private courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My friend and I stayed here two nights - it is the place to stay when you intend to visit Georgia O'keefe's home tour and places where she used to go to paint her pictures. The room was very spacious and the bed was luxurious. The food in the restaurant is exceptional - piñon nuts in pancakes with rosemary syrup. Ceiling fans and nice windows that can open. Our beautiful room was in the building that had a back door to a panoramic view of the mountains. It was quiet, dark and I slept well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Abiquiu Inn? Share your experiences!