“Always a great choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Abiquiu B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Always a great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here a number of times and it is always a little better each year . The grounds are well kept and the rooms clean and comfortable . It has the best restaurant in the area . Very convenient to Ghost Ranch which is a great place to hike . I found all all the staff to be very helpful and friendly which is a sign of good management .

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I booked a room at The Abiquiu Inn so that we could visit Georgia O'Keefe's home while in the area. We enjoyed our stay at the Inn so much that we decided to stay an additional night. The Abiquiu Inn is terrific--very friendly staff, great food in their restaurant, and a nice gift shop! It's a very relaxing place, affordable, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice to stay there. If we're ever back in Abiquiu (and I hope we will be), The Abiquiu Inn is where we'll definitely be staying!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Abiqui Inn is spread out over a large areas with five different groupings of buildings. I was first assigned a room #18, which is very small, with a dreary surrounding, and too near the highway for a quite night's rest. i do not recommend unit #18 or #19 which are next to each other. so I upgraded to room #6 inside a complex called Plaza Blanca. I highly recommend any of the rooms Plaza Blanca, and hope to return there myself for a longer stay. The building is in a shady area, and the room was very large, with a sitting area with a great chair and reading lamp, an entertainment center with an excellent TV (that actually had a lot of good cable channels), a wooden writing desk and lamp, and queen beds. The beds had excellent mattresses, luxury linens and beautiful wooden headboards. (In the center of each head board was an iron ring which could be entertaining for some people.) The floors are high quality tile and walls are white washed plaster that looks like adobe. (It isn't, but looks like it) The ceiling has the traditional vegas in dark wood. So the room has the feeling of the southwest, done in a lovely way and tasteful way. The bathroom has high quality towels, and beautiful tile work on the walls. I loved the private courtyard, which can be accessed only by people staying at Plaza Blanca. There are flowers, and a little fountain in the center of the courtyard. A lovely spot to sit in the morning sun. In addition, the gift shop is very good, the restaurant in excellent, and the over all service from the staff is very high quality.

Also, while strolling the grounds on my way to dinner, I met the owner of the hotel. He does not live in the area, so it was an odd chance that I met him. He quizzed me about my opinion of the hotel, before I found out he was the owner. He truly wants to know what people think of his place, and to make it the best place it can be. Seems like he is doing a great job of that.

Room Tip: Rooms in Plaza Blanca are beautiful and have access to a private courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My friend and I stayed here two nights - it is the place to stay when you intend to visit Georgia O'keefe's home tour and places where she used to go to paint her pictures. The room was very spacious and the bed was luxurious. The food in the restaurant is exceptional - piñon nuts in pancakes with rosemary syrup. Ceiling fans and nice windows that can open. Our beautiful room was in the building that had a back door to a panoramic view of the mountains. It was quiet, dark and I slept well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at the Abiquiu Inn June 11-13, a beautiful time of year, in room 21, to celebrate a birthday. It was a lovely, exceptionally clean room with a large bathroom, fireplace, and two doors, one so you could step outside to the back of the property and access two chairs (per room), we enjoyed that early morning and at night. We appreciated the bizcochito cookies in our room when we arrived. We ate breakfast and dinner in the dining room. The meals were very good - pinon pancakes, trout tacos, salmon and a very delicious tamale cake Napolean starter (twice!). Employees behind the desk and in the dining room were friendly and professional. I look forward to returning soon. Cell service is extremely limited but we knew that before we arrived so it was not a problem. The gardens and grounds are lovely. We were in the area to visit Ghost Ranch, approximately 15 miles from the Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the property are large and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Akita, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Beautiful, quiet, peaceful setting, but slightly marred by the bachlorette party that went on in the casita next door. I expected for the price we paid & the rural setting, to sleep peacefully. Perhaps this party should have taken place in the common area of the hotel? Was also woken early the 2nd morning by the people staying in the casita on the other side. Why so much noise at 6;30am?
Some of the folks at the front desk were very welcoming, others seemed like they were being bothered. Service at the Cafe was also a bit slow & our server seemed a bit unhappy, but the food was good. The casita was beautiful & spacious with a screened in porch our pups loved. Bathroom was large but I would have liked the soaps to be accessible from the tub (they are in dispensers high on the wall). Grounds are lovely! We actually thought at first that the bird-song had to be coming from speakers until we saw the singers for ourselves.

Room Tip: If you get a casita, choose one on the end to cut down chances of getting noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Our second stay here at the pastoral Abiquiu Inn was at least as good as our first one, probably even better, defying the law of sequels. As the seasons progress, the ambiance of the Inn evolves, and the pleasure of the stay increases exponentially. The trees, the birds, the clouds, the meadow, plus the pillow-top bed, the tasty meals, the reasonable rates, and--most of all--the welcoming staff, all combine to make this a destination in and of itself. The restaurant alone is worth the drive up from Santa Fe. As a return trip is always the best review, let's just say we're really looking forward to our next foray.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben W, General Manager at Abiquiu Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, I will be certain to share them with our team.

I am the new General Manager, just moved in three weeks ago with my wife and truly enjoy sharing the experience with our customers and staff. My wife is an Executive Chef and will be adding to the already wonderful Cafe Abiquiu more Tapas & Wine Pairing events, Craft Beer Pairing events and special Innkeeper Dinners. In addition we are working on a recipes for Agave Wine Margaritas, Sangria and more to add variety and flair to our beverage options. I hope to meet you next time your out!

Ben
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abiquiu
Santa Claran Hotel Casino
#1 of 2 in Espanola
4.5 of 5 stars 129 reviews
Ohkay Casino Resort
Ohkay Casino Resort
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)
3.0 of 5 stars 29 reviews

Been to Abiquiu Inn? Share your experiences!